Trooping the Colour 2003-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And yes, the Queen had her grumpy trooping face on, as usual during the carriage processions for the Birthday Parade. But we must remember that this is HM as Head of the Armed Forces, not the smiling monarch on public display waving to people, as we normaly sees for open car/carriage processions during Jubilees and milestone birthdays (read more in post 1504).

--------------------

Huw Edwards already provides splendid commentary on BBC One.

--------------------

Sky News is as usual not showing it in its entirety, so watch the BBC/TIME links in post 1512:

Last edited:
They've been together before in the carriage, several times. With Harry.

Yes but Harry’s in the second carriage now. Just the two future Queen consorts in the first carriage.

Happy they didn’t put all four together

Is the inference that Harry's been demoted! :lol:

They'll probably have all four together next year.

I'm happy to see that Prince Harry as a married man now gets to ride in his own carriage with his wife Meghan instead of riding along in a carriage backing the crowds!

I think Camilla and Catherine in their own carriage made for quite a lovely symbolism. Also, a nice gesture in the wake of the whole 'side-eye' speculations that were blown out of proportion. The ladies looked lovely in blue at the front.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex in their own carriage (accompanied by a surprise guest in the DoK) also made for a lovely picture. No longer 'Prince Harry', the professional third-wheeler, but rather the 'Duke of Sussex' and at his side his lovely Duchess.

Last edited:
Yes, I think all of them look lovely, including the Queen in bright blue.

Yes .... with Harry.
I always thought that bachelor Harry was "upgraded" into the future consorts carriage the previous years.
Now as a married man, he can have his own carriage, leaving the two "senior" duchesses together, reinforcing the symbolism of the "team future queens consort" (and the coordinated outfits are a nice touch too).

So The Queen, Camilla, Kate in shades of blue....and then Meghan, Sophie in shades of pink/blush.

LaRae

I think they all look nice. Glad the four of then were not together as well.

Who is/was standing w/the Queen on the dais? Kent? or DOE? I guessing not Philip since why wouldn't he ride with her if he was?

Who is/was standing w/the Queen on the dais? Kent? or DOE? I guessing not Philip since why wouldn't he ride with her if he was?

I believe the Duke of Kent.

LaRae

Yes, it was the Duke of Kent. They said so on the commentary on Sky.

The Queen is on her way back to BP.

--------------------

Huw Edwards already provides splendid commentary on BBC One.
My favourite royal commentator, Robert Hardman (author of Our Queen and writer of several BBC/ITV documentaries about HM) is now joining Edwards in the studio (live links in post 1512).

Nice symbolism with Catherine and Camilla in the lead carriage. Two future queens riding together.

Don't they usually ride together at those kinds of events (given that her respective husbands are riding on horses) ? I don't see anything new or special or about it.

It would be symbolic if Camilla were in the same carriage as Queen Elizabeth II, but that is obviously not the case.

Isn't Edward in China?

There are two Prince Edwards - The Earl of Wessex and the Duke of Kent.

Edward - Earl of Wessex has been in China this past week but I am not sure if he is still there as I don't have any CC since 6th June.

Edward - Duke of Kent has been the honourary colonel of the Royal Scots Regiment for many years and has regularly ridden in the parade but since his stroke a few years back he has ridding in a carriage only.

Don't they usually ride together at those kinds of events (given that her respective husbands are riding on horses) ? I don't see anything new or special or about it.

It would be symbolic if Camilla were in the same carriage as Queen Elizabeth II, but that is obviously not the case.

Raining on parade + 1 :whistling:
It's the first time they are together in their very own carriage. Period.

Last edited:
No George and Charlotte on the balcony as the Queen arrived back. Nice to see Savannah and Isla though.

Is the inference that Harry's been demoted! :lol:

They'll probably have all four together next year.

More likely they will have George in the front carriage next year. He will then be about the same age William was when he started riding in the carriages and as the future King takes precedence over Harry.

This is a clear sign that Harry has been moved down to allow for his nephews and niece to eventually take their place ahead of him.

I'm kinda surprised no George/Charlotte this year...hmmm.

LaRae

They might come out in 15 minutes. If not, I am a bit surprised too.

Back
Top Bottom