The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-03-2020, 06:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol View Post
https://twitter.com/byemilyandrews/s...525046272?s=21

It has been reported that a “mini” Queen’s Birthday Parade will be held in the forecourt of Windsor Castle on the occasion of Her Majesty’s Official Birthday.
Well the upper quadrangle is huge. You could probably have a full size trooping there. Not sure if that would do the lawn any good mind you.

There was a big march up to the castle & then around the quadrangle during the last jubilee. Maybe that might be a model to follow. Except for the navy of course - they can't march!

Old 06-03-2020, 06:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
Oh yes please! I bet it would go viral.
With commentary! I think Prunella Scales for HM.

Old 06-09-2020, 05:27 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Info on Saturdays “Trooping”

https://twitter.com/majestymagazine/...616155648?s=21
Old 06-09-2020, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I'm already looking forward to the weekend,lets hope the weather behaves!
Old 06-09-2020, 05:47 PM
Courtier

Looks a bit iffy but fingers crossed.

Described as "a ceremony". Intrigued to see what happens.
Old 06-13-2020, 05:41 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Live coverage from the BBC:

Old 06-13-2020, 05:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the link! I looked at The Royal Family account on YouTube but didn't think to look at the BBC.
Old 06-13-2020, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Its a wonderful sunny morning at Windsor a pity it wasn't at Horse Guards but there's always next year.
Old 06-13-2020, 06:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Reduced to its simplest form, it's still uber regal and magnificent...
HM seems in good spirit and looks well.
Old 06-13-2020, 07:27 AM
Administrator

Here are photos of today's ceremony:

** rex gallery **

** gettyimages: GBR: Trooping The Colour 2020 **

** dm: A ray of sunshine! The Queen makes her first official public appearance since..**
Old 06-13-2020, 08:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Sad the Prince of Wales did not attend !
Old 06-13-2020, 08:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Sad the Prince of Wales did not attend !
He'd be breaking the lockdown travel restrictions if he did.
Old 06-13-2020, 09:08 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
He'd be breaking the lockdown travel restrictions if he did.

What restriction? He’s back in London supposedly and as long as he was two metres away from his mother in an outside place he could have attended.

There’s no restriction on how far someone can travel to see relatives now.
Old 06-13-2020, 09:09 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Reduced to its simplest form, it's still uber regal and magnificent...
Yes it is I agree.
Old 06-13-2020, 09:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
What restriction? He’s back in London supposedly and as long as he was two metres away from his mother in an outside place he could have attended.

There’s no restriction on how far someone can travel to see relatives now.
I thought he was still in Scotland. Also according to Gov.uk, which I checked before posting, travel should be restricted to necessary or essential travels. Neither category could be said to include Prince Charles taking part of today's ceremony.
Old 06-13-2020, 09:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I thought he was still in Scotland. Also according to Gov.uk, which I checked before posting, travel should be restricted to necessary or essential travels. Neither category could be said to include Prince Charles taking part of today's ceremony.
Wouldn't travel to work (it is the celebration of the OFFICIAL birthday of the queen not a personal family visit) not be considered essential? Especially since they traveled back to London among other reasons to be able to receive the French president in a few days.
Old 06-13-2020, 09:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Wouldn't travel to work (it is the celebration of the OFFICIAL birthday of the queen not a personal family visit) not be considered essential? Especially since they traveled back to London among other reasons to be able to receive the French president in a few days.
I guess we have different interpretations of what's an essential trip and what's not. The Queen was in attendance for Trooping so Charles did not have to be there. Someone has to great the French president and since the Queen is in quarantine it's apparently been decided that that highest ranking someone is the Prince of Wales.
Old 06-13-2020, 10:05 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:

It’s unconfirmed that he and Camilla were picked up at Aberdeen airport on Thursday to return to England.

I don’t believe the essential or necessary restriction is still in place as you can, from the 28th May, meet up to 6 people not from your household bubble in an outside space, there is no limit on how far you can travel to that outside space. The Queen can even meet people outside should she wish, she just needs to be extra careful.

Whilst I don’t think Charles should have attended, he could have as far as I understand.
Old 06-13-2020, 10:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I guess we have different interpretations of what's an essential trip and what's not. The Queen was in attendance for Trooping so Charles did not have to be there. Someone has to great the French president and since the Queen is in quarantine it's apparently been decided that that highest ranking someone is the Prince of Wales.
I agree it wasn't essential; as technically, the celebration itself wasn't essential either. There was no need for the queen to be there either - it wouldn't have been a problem to skip a year. Neither is the trip of the French president essential. It could have been done by videoconferencing as well...

However, it seems the royal family is slowly starting up their non-essential in-person engagements and in that regard, I wouldn't think it would have been a problem for Charles to attend.

Note: as we are in 'soft total lockdown' (not sure what is soft about it) I am currently only allowed to leave my house for truly essential activities (which is grocery shopping on one specified day a week and that's all! (unless I would have a medical emergency)) - so, very little is 'essential' from that perspective for the large majority of the people (although I understand that lots of people are still needed to keep basic services running) - in that perspective nothing the royals do (except signing laws if applicable) is 'essential'.
Old 06-13-2020, 11:07 AM
Commoner

I really miss seeing the whole family together but glad we were able to see the Queen! She looks great

Tags
ceremonies, official birthday, trooping the colour