Trooping the Colour 2003-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you for the link, tdarlene!! I like Ps. Eugenie looks fantastic! What a great smile (now that the braces are off). Prince Wm. is more handsome than ever!!!! Esp. in uniform. I like the expression on HM's face in some of the photos. Prince Philip looks very good as well. Thanks again!

I love the Trooping of Colour! Prince William looks handsome in his uniform. Does anyone know what the sash he is wearing stands for? I am also a little overwhelmed by Princess Beatrice's hat. Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Are there any pictures of Sophie or Princess Michael?

I went along to Trooping today. Very grand, very impressive and a true display of all that is British. The Queen was as amazing as ever and the crowds were very forthcoming with their adoration. The Duchess of Cornwall shone in her outfit and the Princess Royal was a picture in her uniform. All in all a lovely day.

I hope you managed to take shelter before the downpour BeatrixFan!:flowers:

As you say, a lovely day all in all. :flowers:

No sash

I love the Trooping of Colour! Prince William looks handsome in his uniform. Does anyone know what the sash he is wearing stands for? I am also a little overwhelmed by Princess Beatrice's hat. Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

It is no sash but a shoulderbelt which is part of the ceremonial tenue.

Well, I got absolutely soaked but it was worth it. That'll teach me for not taking a brolly. I have been to Trooping before but this was the first year I actually had a seat on Horseguards thanks to a friend in the FCO. I was amazed at how olde worlde it really is. One could quite easily be in the 1950s, nothing has changed and nothing seems different. I find that quite inspiring.

The Countess of Wessex and Princess Michael did not take part today, as far I know (I'm watching the re-run on BBC right now).

Today's royal ladies were:

HM The Queen

HRH The Duchess of Cornwall

HRH The Princess Royal

HRH Princess Beatrice of York

HRH Princess Eugenie of York

I didn't see Princess Michael or the Countess of Wessex but someone said that they had seen Sophie on the balcony. I didn't and I don't think she was there.

I didn't see Princess Michael or the Countess of Wessex but someone said that they had seen Sophie on the balcony. I didn't and I don't think she was there.
It's very bad feeling i don't know if something happens to the Countess. I think it is the first time that she ever miss Trooping the Colour since she came to "The Firm". Like in 2004, even if Prince Edward was away on an oversea visit, she still took part in Trooping the Colour, riding in the carriage along with the Duchess of Gloucester and waving elegantly. Now, this year the family has been smaller down with the dominant of the Wales and Yorks. :ohmy:

Henri M, thanks for the info. I was hoping to see more royal ladies (really I just wanted to see what kinds of hats they wore). Maybe next year or Ascot. Thanks again for the info on the shoulderbelt.

Could Sophie have not been there as Edward is still in the Falklands?

Shoulderbelts

HRH Prince William of Wales wore the shoulderbelt which is part of the ceremonial tenue of the Blues and Royals.

Here a picture (you see the shoulderbelt is secondhand....)

Here you see another royal with a shoulderbelt (HH Prince Pieter-Christiaan van Oranje-Nassau, Van Vollenhoven): see picture, who wears a silver-embroidered belt, part of the ceremonial tenue of the Royal Marechaussee.

:flowers:

Last edited:
Ok, I feel blind. I didn't see Princess Michael but there she is. And the Duchess of Gloucester is there too. Then again, it was almost impossible to see over the umbrellas once the rain came down (and the floods came up).

Last edited:
I agree about Sophie. I guess we all get sick but she seems a no show at a lot of impotant events lately I really like her and sent out good thoughts.

Yikes. Beatrice's hat really was something! And I'm not sure if I liked the combination of Camilla's BIG hat and frilly coat (one or the other would have been plenty).

camilla looked delightful! i loved her hat and coat. great match. eugenie was also adorable.

Who was the cute girl standing to the left of the Duchess of Kent? Too bad we didn't get a better photo of the Duchess.

On some pics you can also see Lord Linley and his wife Serena standing on the balcony :) I enjoyed all those pics
very much, Camilla and William together in the coach, the wonderful Kent family and my little star this year: the very
charming Eugenie :flowers: I don't like speculation but it's really strange not to see Sophie...

WOW Eugenie looks stunning! Beatrice is pretty but I think Eugenie is going to the better looking to the two. Thier parents must be PROUD of both of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IOWABELLE, the girl you refer to is Lady Marina-Charlotte Windsor the eldest grandaughter of the Duke of Kent. She is 14 years old and her parents are the Earl and Countess of St. Andrews.

Is there any significance to the red band that Eugenie is wearing on her left wrist?

Just curious

Last edited:
Jostling for position

Some of the balcony shots can be quite deceptive.
It became quite crowded at one stage when the extended Royal Family was assembled: Shoulder room only
There are well over 30 people in this pic.

Is there a courtier who is given the job of devising the Balcony Standing Plan? :D

I see the Gloucesters in Warren's pick finally, and it looks everyone from the Kent side was there. I didn't see the Countess of Wessex.
I did not notice Viscountess Linley anywhere.
Obviously Prince Edward and Prince Harry are abroad but it looks like the whole bunch save for one or two was there. It would be nice if the Countess of Wessex was there, and even nicer if she would bring her little one! ;)
Here is another full balcony pic from Rex:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b120/Chewster05/brf/rex/671300C.jpg
I don't see Lady Davina Lewis or Lady Rose or the Ulsters but again it looks like the whole pack from the Kent side was there, which is nice.

Last edited:
I think that Eugenie will become even prettier as she gets older.She has good bones so to speak.

Thank you, everyone, for all the great photos. I think the whole family looked fabulous. Ps. Eugenie is so pretty when she smiles. The Princess Royal never seems to age. Do her children every attend? It seems they haven't been there since they were very small.

:flowers: Thanks for the pictures,Avalon! Thanks to all picture posters!

I agree, Eugenie is so pretty! Beatrice is also pretty.I thought everyone looked great!
I see that the Duke of York chose not to wear his Naval uniform...I wonder why not?

Last edited:
:flowers: Thanks for the pictures,Avalon! Thanks to all picture posters!

I agree, Eugenie is so pretty! Beatrice is also pretty.I thought everyone looked great!
I see that the Duke of York chose not to wear his Naval uniform...I wonder why not?

You are most welcome misselle! :)

Prince Andrew was in full uniform today, during the commemorations to mark the 25th anniversary of the liberation of the Falkland Islands.

Nice photos and what a beautiful ceremony.
I hope next year I can watch this event live on BBC.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom