Thinking Ahead to the Milestone Birthdays in 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

_Heather_

Serene Highness
City
Missouri
Country
United States
Since the Queen will be 95 and Prince Philip will be 100 next year, I really would love to see a commemorative book released by BP. I'm really only spitballing here but these are huge milestones and not only would I buy the book, I'd pay through the nose for it. I realize they don't read these threads and so they really don't care what I or anyone else think but what I'm envisioning involves a coffee table book full of photos and informative paragraphs.

I'm thinking a massive photo shoot involving the following photos:
1. The Queen and the Duke of Edingburgh
2. The Queen and the Duke of Edingburgh with their children
3. The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh with their grandchildren
4. The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh with their great-grandchildren
5. The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh with their whole family including spouses
6. The Queen with her three heirs
7. Charles, Camilla, and their family
8. Anne, Tim, and their family
9. Andrew and family
10. Edward, Sophie, and their family
11. The four children
12. The eight granchildren
13. The great-grandchildren
14. Charles and Camilla
15. Anne and Tim
16. Andrew
17. Edward and Sophie
18. Family portraits for each of the grandchildren's families
19. One individual shot of all family members including spouses and kids
20. Shots of the important items and places (BP, KP, CH, Crown Jewels, Sandringham, Balmoral, Windsor, Westminster Abbey, etc.)
21. Lots of biographical paragraphs for each member of the family, each place, etc.

In short, a wonderful coffee table book full of information, historically important photos, beautiful family photos, etc. Something to really, really celebrate what the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh have created and maintained.

So, what's everyone else want to see for those 2021 milestones?

Last edited:
I’d pay for that book, I’d probably give an organ for that book.

But we’ll be lucky to get one picture.

I’d pay for that book, I’d probably give an organ for that book.

But we’ll be lucky to get one picture.

Yes, but a girl can dream. I know we won't actually get it but I can definitely wish for it!

When Prince Philip has his 100th birthday, it would be nice to have the children and grandchildren of his three sisters from Germany attend.

Given the current pandemic I don't think we will see any large or even small scale royal gatherings for quite some time.

Since the Queen will be 95 and Prince Philip will be 100 next year, I really would love to see a commemorative book released by BP. I'm really only spitballing here but these are huge milestones and not only would I buy the book, I'd pay through the nose for it. I realize they don't read these threads and so they really don't care what I or anyone else think but what I'm envisioning involves a coffee table book full of photos and informative paragraphs.

I'm thinking a massive photo shoot involving the following photos:
1. The Queen and the Duke of Edingburgh
2. The Queen and the Duke of Edingburgh with their children
3. The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh with their grandchildren
4. The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh with their great-grandchildren
5. The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh with their whole family including spouses
6. The Queen with her three heirs
7. Charles, Camilla, and their family
8. Anne, Tim, and their family
9. Andrew and family
10. Edward, Sophie, and their family
11. The four children
12. The eight granchildren
13. The great-grandchildren
14. Charles and Camilla
15. Anne and Tim
16. Andrew
17. Edward and Sophie
18. Family portraits for each of the grandchildren's families
19. One individual shot of all family members including spouses and kids
20. Shots of the important items and places (BP, KP, CH, Crown Jewels, Sandringham, Balmoral, Windsor, Westminster Abbey, etc.)
21. Lots of biographical paragraphs for each member of the family, each place, etc.

In short, a wonderful coffee table book full of information, historically important photos, beautiful family photos, etc. Something to really, really celebrate what the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh have created and maintained.

So, what's everyone else want to see for those 2021 milestones?

E mail William or Charles office and suggest it, not the queen, I think it is a brilliant idea they could do different volume sizes to keep costs to different pockets. Small souvenir size and one for the serious followers, go for it Heather

I don’t know I feel like the DoE has had it with huge events. But yes, a photo with the entire family would something. Also might the last opportunity :sad: but what an organisational nightmare!

With Covid-19 restriction and the vaccine might not be available next year, I think even a big photoshoot is unlikely to happen. :sad:

I really want photos with three or four generations of royal family, but I could only hope.

With Covid-19 restriction and the vaccine might not be available next year, I think even a big photoshoot is unlikely to happen. :sad:

I really want photos with three or four generations of royal family, but I could only hope.

Personally, I think that if there were any big plans to be made about Philip/'s 100th birthday, I would almost guarantee that his attitude would be "please don't make me do this. A cupcake will suffice and maybe have Louis here to blow that one candle out". Covid-19 or no Covid-19, they're going to really have to work their butts of to get Philip to agree to anything "grandiose" or public.

Last edited:
I doubt if he wants great grandchildren milling around either...

I doubt if he wants great grandchildren milling around either...

Ankle biters and crumb snatchers... now you're reminding me of Dman. I miss him but I certainly do see Philip's attitude being quite similar. :D

We can hope _ I was told at the beginning of the year that they only group pics of the royal family we will see from now one will be the Queen and the Wales group. The Queen and her line of succession, that was the term.

We can hope _ I was told at the beginning of the year that they only group pics of the royal family we will see from now one will be the Queen and the Wales group. The Queen and her line of succession, that was the term.

Was that before or after Beatrice's wedding? I seem to recall a picture of HM and the Duke social distancing from Beatrice and Edo on their wedding day which was July 17th. ?

Blows that theory out of the water from where I'm sitting. :D

I'd love this, but who knows where the world will be at by next year?

I doubt that either of them would want a fuss, but I don't see why pictures for family occasions, rather than state occasions, would need to be confined to those in the direct line of succession. But I suspect Philip's comments would be along the lines of "I'm not having a bl***y" party!

I'd love this, but who knows where the world will be at by next year?

I doubt that either of them would want a fuss, but I don't see why pictures for family occasions, rather than state occasions, would need to be confined to those in the direct line of succession. But I suspect Philip's comments would be along the lines of "I'm not having a bl***y" party!

We have to remember that Philip served in the Royal Navy. I would expect much stronger language than that. ?

I have almost forgot that Lady Louise Windsor is turning 18 next year (mid November)!! ;) ?

I wonder if her birthday celebration is going to be scaled down (compared to her older cousins) and invitation is limited to her closed family and friends.

Back
Top Bottom