The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #321  
Old 10-27-2018, 09:16 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
Natural progression as they shift into high gear with their duties. Now to see who goes where...Is William going to go over to CH with Charles and Harry stay with KP or ?


LaRae
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #322  
Old 10-27-2018, 09:35 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,412
Again, as I said in the other thread, who is going to fund these two separate operations, staff, offices etc? Charles, as he does now, or who?

Just because Royah wrote it doesn't make this true and I remain deeply sceptical, though I do believe there is forward planning for a split for the Foundation when William becomes Prince of Wales.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #323  
Old 10-27-2018, 09:36 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 375
I hope Harry goes with Charles and CH. Much more professional than KP.
Reply With Quote
  #324  
Old 10-27-2018, 09:38 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
Curryong I don't understand what you are saying...who is funding KP and CH now?


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #325  
Old 10-27-2018, 09:41 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NYC, United States
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Again, as I said in the other thread, who is going to fund these two separate operations, staff, offices etc? Charles, as he does now, or who?

Just because Royah wrote it doesn't make this true and I remain deeply sceptical, though I do believe there is forward planning for a split for the Foundation when William becomes Prince of Wales.
Trust that there is forward planning, but I don't think it will take effect until Williams becomes the Duke of Cornwall and Charles is King. It makes no sense logistically right now for them to split as it will be tremendously costly to the PoW who funds them. Again, I think that there is prep work going on behind the scenes for an eventual spilt, but it's not going to be right away or even next year as Roya is reporting unless HMQEII is no longer with us next year.

IMO...she got a bug in her ear and she ran with it without getting the full story.
Reply With Quote
  #326  
Old 10-27-2018, 09:44 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliannaVictoria View Post
Trust that there is forward planning, but I don't think it will take effect until Williams becomes the Duke of Cornwall and Charles is King. It makes no sense logistically right now for them to split as it will be tremendously costly to the PoW who funds them. Again, I think that there is prep work going on behind the scenes for an eventual spilt, but it's not going to be right away or even next year as Roya is reporting unless HMQEII is no longer with us next year.

IMO...she got a bug in her ear and she ran with it without getting the full story.
How would it be tremendously expensive? Their private offices are already split basically. The only thing is to split the comms office. I highly doubt theyd double what they have at the comms office now given theyll only have to support 2 royal each as opposed to 4.
Reply With Quote
  #327  
Old 10-27-2018, 09:45 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NYC, United States
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Curryong I don't understand what you are saying...who is funding KP and CH now?


LaRae
I think what Currylong is stating is that Prince Charles would have to fund both households if there were to be a split now. Right now, KP is funded by the PoW with all 4 (Megs, Harry, Wills and Kate) being under one umbrella. Eventually, when Charles is King, Wills and Kate will be funded by the Duchy of Cornwall, while King Charles will still fund Harry and Meghan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
How would it be tremendously expensive? Their private offices are already split basically. The only thing is to split the comms office. I highly doubt theyd double what they have at the comms office now given theyll only have to support 2 royal each as opposed to 4.
It's two separate households. I understand that there comms staff is to split, but they are sharing some other staff now too. To have to hire complete new staff is going to cost a lot of money, because most of the staff they have now will either go with the Cambridges or the Sussexes. For me, questions will be raised as to why this is needed now, when in a few years, God willing, they will have a natural split since William and Kate will have the Duchy of Cornwall and Charles may still continue to fund Harry and Meghan.
Reply With Quote
  #328  
Old 10-27-2018, 09:53 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliannaVictoria View Post
It's two separate households. I understand that there comms staff is to split, but they are sharing some other staff now too. To have to hire complete new staff is going to cost a lot of money, because most of the staff they have now will either go with the Cambridges or the Sussexes. For me, questions will be raised as to why this is needed now, when in a few years, God willing, they will have a natural split since William and Kate will have the Duchy of Cornwall and Charles may still continue to fund Harry and Meghan.
What other staff? Private secretaries and deputy private secretaries are already separate. And what other two royal household shares an office. Why not now since both princes have established families of their own?andrew and Edward also shared a private secretary when they are young. However, as their families and roles grew, they went their own ways.
Reply With Quote
  #329  
Old 10-27-2018, 09:58 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,412
Thanks, JV, that's exactly what I meant! And remember, William and Kate and Harry/Meghan have only become fulltime royals relatively recently. If the offices are split in the way that Roya says, extra Comms staff will be needed for both offices, even if it's only one per office, and probably other aides as well in the next year or so.

I just think that Charles would jib at paying for three separate operations in three separate offices. That's the issue, IMO. Until William gets the Duchy money I believe things will remain as they are now.
Reply With Quote
  #330  
Old 10-28-2018, 12:44 AM
XeniaCasaraghi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Texas, United States
Posts: 3,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuchessMia View Post
I hope Harry goes with Charles and CH. Much more professional than KP.
Why do you say that? I asked because I dont follow too closely so don't know specifics.
And if the staff is being stretched and overworked it would be better to hire new workers to take some of the load off.
Reply With Quote
  #331  
Old 10-28-2018, 01:25 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,764
When the office was set up for William and Harry and the Royal Foundation was established, there were only the two of them and neither one of them were anywhere close to being full time working royals. It made sense to have a joint office and staff. At the time.

The years pass and both William and Harry are now married and have/expecting children. They, along with their wives, are now in the position to be full time working royals for the "Firm" and both men are clearly defining their roles as the soft transition from the Queen to Charles becomes more and more evident. The Royal Foundation has grown immensely and even within that Foundation, the projects are individualized somewhat (William with United for Wildlife and Harry with Invictus Games for example) although they do all work together as the "fab four". Their roles are growing and maturing. We see William following in the footsteps of his grandmother and his father and we see Harry forging his own path with the core (as it seems right now) being the Commonwealth.

Many times a company is founded as a single business but as the years pass, the company expands and grows and subsidiary companies are born to handle specific things. Perhaps similar to Skype Communications being a subsidiary of Microsoft. This is what seems to be happening and with the households and the staff becoming individualized to both William and Harry, its better all the way around to be able to put the focus on each one's needs and plans.

The British royal family is not one to do things on a whim, or haphazardly or just because they can. There's a lot of thought and assessment done years in advance to when it actually seems to be a need. This move to separate the household and staff may have been seen as a necessity a while ago and is just now getting to the stage of being implemented.

Cost wise, I can only see it as being a solution to allow both households to actually run more efficiently. As the saying goes, too many cooks spoil the broth and when one staff is handling the multitude of different things and different ways William and Harry are going to have their roles progress into the future, to me, it would get more and more confusing. Good focus by a staff makes things so much easier all the way around.

All in all, what it tells me is that this generation of full time working royals are settling into their roles and the way they're going to go into the future very, very well and do their grandmother proud.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
Reply With Quote
  #332  
Old 10-28-2018, 04:35 AM
muriel's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,550
Personally, I can't see the point in splitting the Household till William becomes PoW. The two couples can and do have different roles, and support different causes, but the Household should remain the same. To me, the two are not mutually exclusive.

Ar regards the comment about too many cooks et al, the reality is that H&M are quite low in the pecking order in the firm. I am sure they accept that, and understand that their "immediate boss" is the PoW ang the big boss is HM. End of!"
Reply With Quote
  #333  
Old 10-28-2018, 05:04 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Ar regards the comment about too many cooks et al, the reality is that H&M are quite low in the pecking order in the firm. I am sure they accept that, and understand that their "immediate boss" is the PoW ang the big boss is HM. End of!"
Although the reality is that Harry and Meghan *are* lesser royals and lower down in the pecking order in the rank and file of the "Firm", I would seriously doubt that any of them would deem the work that Harry and Meghan are slated to do in the future whether in HM's reign or in Charles' or even in William's as being of lesser importance and have lesser relevance to the monarchy than those higher up in the pecking order.

To me, it isn't about the importance of a member of the BRF and if they're higher or lower than another but I see it more as Team Windsor where what is important is the people and the causes that they serve. It all stems back to supporting the monarchy as a whole and that, I think, is the main goal.

For all we know, these plans are being drawn up and not being put into effect until Charles' reign begins. Looking at things logically, it could happen next month, next year or 10 years from now. They're a "Firm" that is prepared for any kind of a situation. They're always prepared.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
Reply With Quote
  #334  
Old 10-28-2018, 05:46 AM
Queen Claude's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: USA, United States
Posts: 1,187
IMO it made no sense that William and Harry had their own office in the first place. Now if Harry is joining Charles' office, that makes sense.

The Queen's Office supports the work done by the Queen, Philip (before he retired), Anne, Andrew, Edward, and the Dukes of Kent and Gloucester. The aforementioned do far more work than William, Harry and Catherine, and while the addition of Meghan will boost the activity, combined it will still be a fraction of the work done out of the other royal offices.
Reply With Quote
  #335  
Old 10-28-2018, 05:51 AM
muriel's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
..... I would seriously doubt that any of them would deem the work that Harry and Meghan are slated to do in the future whether in HM's reign or in Charles' or even in William's as being of lesser importance and have lesser relevance to the monarchy than those higher up in the pecking order.
I think we will need to agree to disagree on that. From the perspective of the monarchy, the work that H&M do will be of a lot less importance to the firm than that which C&C and W&C do. That is not to say that the work that the work that H&M do will be of less importance to society per se, and by association, the BRF, but there is a clear pecking order.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
To me, it isn't about the importance of a member of the BRF and if they're higher or lower than another but I see it more as Team Windsor where what is important is the people and the causes that they serve. It all stems back to supporting the monarchy as a whole and that, I think, is the main goal.
I could not agree more on your comment re Team Windsor, but yet again, the chain of command is clear: HM, Charles.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
For all we know, these plans are being drawn up and not being put into effect until Charles' reign begins. Looking at things logically, it could happen next month, next year or 10 years from now. They're a "Firm" that is prepared for any kind of a situation. They're always prepared.
Separation of the Households is inevitable in the next reign. William, as PoW and like his father currently, will have his own set-up. Harry's set up, my sense is, will probably be merged with BP, as is currently the case with those of the Queen's 3 younger children.
Reply With Quote
  #336  
Old 10-29-2018, 09:12 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 6,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
There may well be plans afoot to split the Households, office staff etc. However, I can't see it actually happening until William becomes Prince of Wales.

Otherwise, how is it going to be funded? Charles funds the office at KP now. Is he going to fund two separate Households with separate staff etc, which will be more expensive? Can't see it somehow.

Once William has the Duchy money then his Household can be fully funded by him, and Harry's by Charles. The Foundation is likely to continue for some time in its present format as well, IMO.
That seems more reasonable to me as well although I can also see why the different paths the brothers are on might lead to an earlier split. How reliable is the source (Roya Nikkhah)?

Edit: after reading some other posts, I conclude that it's just speculation...
Reply With Quote
  #337  
Old 10-29-2018, 09:31 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,412
I think Roya has a reputation as being more reliable than some of the other Royal reporters as she has been proven correct in some stories she's written in the past. And she works for a much more reputable newspaper than tabloids like the Sun and Fail. However, she has also had her misses with some reports she's filed on the BRF.

I've got no doubt that there is a good deal forward planning going on for the Prince of Wales and his sons, simply because, unfortunately, the Queen is not going to last for ever. Charles though, has seen his expenses rise this year anyway with the Cambridge household expanding, Meghan joining 'the Firm' and more engagements being performed now his sons are fulltime. For me that is a further argument against him agreeing to fund three separate offices at this time, probably with expanded communications/media units needed in two of them.
Reply With Quote
  #338  
Old 10-31-2018, 07:45 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Balmoral, United Kingdom
Posts: 515
Splitting the households makes more sense for me at the time of William becoming Duke of Cornwall. There are already so many current Royal households. If anything, I would merge the four Royal households of the Queens cousins to streamline things.
Reply With Quote
  #339  
Old 03-05-2019, 04:01 PM
Princess Larisa's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: ., Croatia
Posts: 3,670
Court Circular 4th March:
Appendix to Court Circular
The Queen has been pleased to appoint the Lord Geidt to be a Permanent Lord in Waiting to Her Majesty with effect from 4th March, 2019.
Reply With Quote
  #340  
Old 05-24-2019, 11:07 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,835
Sad news. The Queen’s long serving housekeeper, Annette Wilkin, has suddenly passed away. You guys might remember her appearing in the ‘Monarchy: The Royal Family at Work’ documentary several years ago. She showed us how the royal housekeepers professionally unpack and pack guests luggage during their stay at Buckingham Palace.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-illness.html
__________________

__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Grand Duke Georgi, son and heir of Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna (1981- ) Jeannie The Imperial Family of Russia 592 Yesterday 06:52 AM
Princess Iman: News and Pictures Part 1 bubbles King Abdullah's Sisters 268 01-21-2020 03:24 PM
Princes Nikolai, Felix, Henrik & Princess Athena, Part 1: February 2012 - July 2018 iceflower Current Events Archive 593 07-15-2018 08:24 AM
A potential bride for The Grand Duke Georgi Lenora The Imperial Family of Russia 804 04-18-2017 04:51 AM




Popular Tags
america archie mountbatten-windsor asia asian birth britain britannia british royal family camilla camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles carolin china china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing chinese clarence house colorblindness commonwealth countries coronation customs daisy duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex edward vii elizabeth ii family life family tree fashion and style gemstones george vi gradenigo gustaf vi adolf hello! henry viii highgrove hochberg house of windsor hypothetical monarchs japan japanese imperial family jewellery kensington palace książ castle liechtenstein lili mountbatten-windsor line of succession list of rulers medical meghan markle monarchist movements monarchists mongolia mountbatten nara period pless politics portugal prince harry queen elizabeth ii queen louise royal ancestry solomon j solomon spanish royal family suthida thai royal family tradition united states united states of america wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:04 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×