The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-27-2018, 09:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Natural progression as they shift into high gear with their duties. Now to see who goes where...Is William going to go over to CH with Charles and Harry stay with KP or ?

LaRae

Old 10-27-2018, 09:35 PM
Majesty

Again, as I said in the other thread, who is going to fund these two separate operations, staff, offices etc? Charles, as he does now, or who?

Just because Royah wrote it doesn't make this true and I remain deeply sceptical, though I do believe there is forward planning for a split for the Foundation when William becomes Prince of Wales.

Old 10-27-2018, 09:36 PM
Nobility

I hope Harry goes with Charles and CH. Much more professional than KP.
Old 10-27-2018, 09:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Curryong I don't understand what you are saying...who is funding KP and CH now?

LaRae
Old 10-27-2018, 09:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Again, as I said in the other thread, who is going to fund these two separate operations, staff, offices etc? Charles, as he does now, or who?

Just because Royah wrote it doesn't make this true and I remain deeply sceptical, though I do believe there is forward planning for a split for the Foundation when William becomes Prince of Wales.
Trust that there is forward planning, but I don't think it will take effect until Williams becomes the Duke of Cornwall and Charles is King. It makes no sense logistically right now for them to split as it will be tremendously costly to the PoW who funds them. Again, I think that there is prep work going on behind the scenes for an eventual spilt, but it's not going to be right away or even next year as Roya is reporting unless HMQEII is no longer with us next year.

IMO...she got a bug in her ear and she ran with it without getting the full story.
Old 10-27-2018, 09:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliannaVictoria View Post
Trust that there is forward planning, but I don't think it will take effect until Williams becomes the Duke of Cornwall and Charles is King. It makes no sense logistically right now for them to split as it will be tremendously costly to the PoW who funds them. Again, I think that there is prep work going on behind the scenes for an eventual spilt, but it's not going to be right away or even next year as Roya is reporting unless HMQEII is no longer with us next year.

IMO...she got a bug in her ear and she ran with it without getting the full story.
How would it be tremendously expensive? Their private offices are already split basically. The only thing is to split the comms office. I highly doubt theyd double what they have at the comms office now given theyll only have to support 2 royal each as opposed to 4.
Old 10-27-2018, 09:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Curryong I don't understand what you are saying...who is funding KP and CH now?

LaRae
I think what Currylong is stating is that Prince Charles would have to fund both households if there were to be a split now. Right now, KP is funded by the PoW with all 4 (Megs, Harry, Wills and Kate) being under one umbrella. Eventually, when Charles is King, Wills and Kate will be funded by the Duchy of Cornwall, while King Charles will still fund Harry and Meghan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
How would it be tremendously expensive? Their private offices are already split basically. The only thing is to split the comms office. I highly doubt theyd double what they have at the comms office now given theyll only have to support 2 royal each as opposed to 4.
It's two separate households. I understand that there comms staff is to split, but they are sharing some other staff now too. To have to hire complete new staff is going to cost a lot of money, because most of the staff they have now will either go with the Cambridges or the Sussexes. For me, questions will be raised as to why this is needed now, when in a few years, God willing, they will have a natural split since William and Kate will have the Duchy of Cornwall and Charles may still continue to fund Harry and Meghan.
Old 10-27-2018, 09:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliannaVictoria View Post
It's two separate households. I understand that there comms staff is to split, but they are sharing some other staff now too. To have to hire complete new staff is going to cost a lot of money, because most of the staff they have now will either go with the Cambridges or the Sussexes. For me, questions will be raised as to why this is needed now, when in a few years, God willing, they will have a natural split since William and Kate will have the Duchy of Cornwall and Charles may still continue to fund Harry and Meghan.
What other staff? Private secretaries and deputy private secretaries are already separate. And what other two royal household shares an office. Why not now since both princes have established families of their own?andrew and Edward also shared a private secretary when they are young. However, as their families and roles grew, they went their own ways.
Old 10-27-2018, 09:58 PM
Majesty

Thanks, JV, that's exactly what I meant! And remember, William and Kate and Harry/Meghan have only become fulltime royals relatively recently. If the offices are split in the way that Roya says, extra Comms staff will be needed for both offices, even if it's only one per office, and probably other aides as well in the next year or so.

I just think that Charles would jib at paying for three separate operations in three separate offices. That's the issue, IMO. Until William gets the Duchy money I believe things will remain as they are now.
Old 10-28-2018, 12:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuchessMia View Post
I hope Harry goes with Charles and CH. Much more professional than KP.
Why do you say that? I asked because I dont follow too closely so don't know specifics.
And if the staff is being stretched and overworked it would be better to hire new workers to take some of the load off.
Old 10-28-2018, 01:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
When the office was set up for William and Harry and the Royal Foundation was established, there were only the two of them and neither one of them were anywhere close to being full time working royals. It made sense to have a joint office and staff. At the time.

The years pass and both William and Harry are now married and have/expecting children. They, along with their wives, are now in the position to be full time working royals for the "Firm" and both men are clearly defining their roles as the soft transition from the Queen to Charles becomes more and more evident. The Royal Foundation has grown immensely and even within that Foundation, the projects are individualized somewhat (William with United for Wildlife and Harry with Invictus Games for example) although they do all work together as the "fab four". Their roles are growing and maturing. We see William following in the footsteps of his grandmother and his father and we see Harry forging his own path with the core (as it seems right now) being the Commonwealth.

Many times a company is founded as a single business but as the years pass, the company expands and grows and subsidiary companies are born to handle specific things. Perhaps similar to Skype Communications being a subsidiary of Microsoft. This is what seems to be happening and with the households and the staff becoming individualized to both William and Harry, its better all the way around to be able to put the focus on each one's needs and plans.

The British royal family is not one to do things on a whim, or haphazardly or just because they can. There's a lot of thought and assessment done years in advance to when it actually seems to be a need. This move to separate the household and staff may have been seen as a necessity a while ago and is just now getting to the stage of being implemented.

Cost wise, I can only see it as being a solution to allow both households to actually run more efficiently. As the saying goes, too many cooks spoil the broth and when one staff is handling the multitude of different things and different ways William and Harry are going to have their roles progress into the future, to me, it would get more and more confusing. Good focus by a staff makes things so much easier all the way around.

All in all, what it tells me is that this generation of full time working royals are settling into their roles and the way they're going to go into the future very, very well and do their grandmother proud.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Personally, I can't see the point in splitting the Household till William becomes PoW. The two couples can and do have different roles, and support different causes, but the Household should remain the same. To me, the two are not mutually exclusive.

Ar regards the comment about too many cooks et al, the reality is that H&M are quite low in the pecking order in the firm. I am sure they accept that, and understand that their "immediate boss" is the PoW ang the big boss is HM. End of!"
Old 10-28-2018, 05:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Ar regards the comment about too many cooks et al, the reality is that H&M are quite low in the pecking order in the firm. I am sure they accept that, and understand that their "immediate boss" is the PoW ang the big boss is HM. End of!"
Although the reality is that Harry and Meghan *are* lesser royals and lower down in the pecking order in the rank and file of the "Firm", I would seriously doubt that any of them would deem the work that Harry and Meghan are slated to do in the future whether in HM's reign or in Charles' or even in William's as being of lesser importance and have lesser relevance to the monarchy than those higher up in the pecking order.

To me, it isn't about the importance of a member of the BRF and if they're higher or lower than another but I see it more as Team Windsor where what is important is the people and the causes that they serve. It all stems back to supporting the monarchy as a whole and that, I think, is the main goal.

For all we know, these plans are being drawn up and not being put into effect until Charles' reign begins. Looking at things logically, it could happen next month, next year or 10 years from now. They're a "Firm" that is prepared for any kind of a situation. They're always prepared.
Old 10-28-2018, 05:46 AM
Serene Highness

IMO it made no sense that William and Harry had their own office in the first place. Now if Harry is joining Charles' office, that makes sense.

The Queen's Office supports the work done by the Queen, Philip (before he retired), Anne, Andrew, Edward, and the Dukes of Kent and Gloucester. The aforementioned do far more work than William, Harry and Catherine, and while the addition of Meghan will boost the activity, combined it will still be a fraction of the work done out of the other royal offices.
Old 10-28-2018, 05:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
..... I would seriously doubt that any of them would deem the work that Harry and Meghan are slated to do in the future whether in HM's reign or in Charles' or even in William's as being of lesser importance and have lesser relevance to the monarchy than those higher up in the pecking order.
I think we will need to agree to disagree on that. From the perspective of the monarchy, the work that H&M do will be of a lot less importance to the firm than that which C&C and W&C do. That is not to say that the work that the work that H&M do will be of less importance to society per se, and by association, the BRF, but there is a clear pecking order.

Quote:
To me, it isn't about the importance of a member of the BRF and if they're higher or lower than another but I see it more as Team Windsor where what is important is the people and the causes that they serve. It all stems back to supporting the monarchy as a whole and that, I think, is the main goal.
I could not agree more on your comment re Team Windsor, but yet again, the chain of command is clear: HM, Charles.......

Quote:
For all we know, these plans are being drawn up and not being put into effect until Charles' reign begins. Looking at things logically, it could happen next month, next year or 10 years from now. They're a "Firm" that is prepared for any kind of a situation. They're always prepared.
Separation of the Households is inevitable in the next reign. William, as PoW and like his father currently, will have his own set-up. Harry's set up, my sense is, will probably be merged with BP, as is currently the case with those of the Queen's 3 younger children.
Old 10-29-2018, 09:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
There may well be plans afoot to split the Households, office staff etc. However, I can't see it actually happening until William becomes Prince of Wales.

Otherwise, how is it going to be funded? Charles funds the office at KP now. Is he going to fund two separate Households with separate staff etc, which will be more expensive? Can't see it somehow.

Once William has the Duchy money then his Household can be fully funded by him, and Harry's by Charles. The Foundation is likely to continue for some time in its present format as well, IMO.
That seems more reasonable to me as well although I can also see why the different paths the brothers are on might lead to an earlier split. How reliable is the source (Roya Nikkhah)?

Edit: after reading some other posts, I conclude that it's just speculation...
Old 10-29-2018, 09:31 PM
Majesty

I think Roya has a reputation as being more reliable than some of the other Royal reporters as she has been proven correct in some stories she's written in the past. And she works for a much more reputable newspaper than tabloids like the Sun and Fail. However, she has also had her misses with some reports she's filed on the BRF.

I've got no doubt that there is a good deal forward planning going on for the Prince of Wales and his sons, simply because, unfortunately, the Queen is not going to last for ever. Charles though, has seen his expenses rise this year anyway with the Cambridge household expanding, Meghan joining 'the Firm' and more engagements being performed now his sons are fulltime. For me that is a further argument against him agreeing to fund three separate offices at this time, probably with expanded communications/media units needed in two of them.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:45 PM
Courtier

Splitting the households makes more sense for me at the time of William becoming Duke of Cornwall. There are already so many current Royal households. If anything, I would merge the four Royal households of the Queens cousins to streamline things.
Old 03-05-2019, 04:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 4th March:
Appendix to Court Circular
The Queen has been pleased to appoint the Lord Geidt to be a Permanent Lord in Waiting to Her Majesty with effect from 4th March, 2019.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sad news. The Queen’s long serving housekeeper, Annette Wilkin, has suddenly passed away. You guys might remember her appearing in the ‘Monarchy: The Royal Family at Work’ documentary several years ago. She showed us how the royal housekeepers professionally unpack and pack guests luggage during their stay at Buckingham Palace.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-illness.html

A.W. TOZER