The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-27-2018, 06:27 PM
Commoner

Perhaps this topic could become a separate thread?

Does this mean they will no longer use the same social media accounts? Or will they just use separate offices now?

Old 10-27-2018, 06:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Their private offices are basically split at this point. It’s a matter of splitting comms office. It did raise eyebrow when Jason Knauf wasn’t on this trip, but phoned in from London with the baby news. I hope he goes with the Cambridges. I’d prefer someone more creative as head of Sussexes’ comms team.

Looks like Samantha Cohen will have more influence than just their private office.

Old 10-27-2018, 06:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

This was expected as their royal roles grow. All part of the bigger transition.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-27-2018, 06:50 PM
Aristocracy

Will this have any flow on effects to the Royal Foundation?
Old 10-27-2018, 06:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeyman View Post
Will this have any flow on effects to the Royal Foundation?
I dont think so. Its the Royal Fab Four foundation, so they will continue to work together for that.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-27-2018, 07:37 PM
Royal Highness

I predict the royal foundation will divide as well. It is inevitable. William and Harry now have their own families. And with an expert like Meghan at social media and how she successfully launched her first project via social media...The Sussexes will do very well on their own.
Old 10-27-2018, 07:44 PM
Majesty

From The Sunday Times

While Harry and Meghan’s status as roving royal ambassadors has been assured by their successful tour of Australia, Fiji and Tonga, William must prepare to become the next Prince of Wales.

Another source who knows the brothers well said: “There is a gulf in the style and approach to the type of work that William and Kate will increasingly do as future head of state and consort, and Harry and Meghan, who have more of a blank canvas with their roles.”

The creation of separate courts may take place next year, after Meghan gives birth to the couple’s first child, which is due in the spring.

The Sussexes are expected to leave their two-bedroom home at Nottingham Cottage, in the grounds of Kensington Palace, and may choose to move into the main palace or find a new royal residence.

Even if the brothers remain Kensington neighbours, the management of their household is likely to be split.

“When William becomes the Prince of Wales, he will take on a lot of extra responsibility, including the Duchy of Cornwall and all that entails,” a source said.

“Harry and Meghan have none of that, and seem ambitious about forging their own paths.”.
Old 10-27-2018, 07:47 PM
Royal Highness

Harry and Meghan will handle the Commonwealth youth area...William and Kate can prepare to be the next Princes of Wales. Win...Win.
Old 10-27-2018, 07:53 PM
Commoner

I think this wise. William must start preparing to become the Prince of Wales. Then eventually king. With Catherine as consort. I think he is up to the task. But he has huge shoes to fill. Charles has done so many amazing things as the Prince of Wales. He is a consistent hard worker.

The Sussex role is just like the other working royals. To work in patronages and support the current monarch. I think it is a good idea.
Old 10-27-2018, 07:59 PM
Royal Highness

Charles had done so many great things because he's had DECADES to do so. William will do just fine when it's his turn
Old 10-27-2018, 08:02 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
Charles had done so many great things because he's had DECADES to do so. William will do just fine when it's his turn

I understand that. I never said William was incapable. I believe William has done a good job as a working royal. I also believe he will be a good POW and King. I apologize if it seems that was not seen.

I was simply highlighting the work Charles has done.
Old 10-27-2018, 08:13 PM
Majesty

There may well be plans afoot to split the Households, office staff etc. However, I can't see it actually happening until William becomes Prince of Wales.

Otherwise, how is it going to be funded? Charles funds the office at KP now. Is he going to fund two separate Households with separate staff etc, which will be more expensive? Can't see it somehow.

Once William has the Duchy money then his Household can be fully funded by him, and Harry's by Charles. The Foundation is likely to continue for some time in its present format as well, IMO.
Old 10-27-2018, 08:23 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
There may well be plans afoot to split the Households, office staff etc. However, I can't see it actually happening until William becomes Prince of Wales.

Otherwise, how is it going to be funded? Charles funds the office at KP now. Is he going to fund two separate Households with separate staff etc, which will be more expensive? Can't see it somehow.

Once William has the Duchy money then his Household can be fully funded by him, and Harry's by Charles. The Foundation is likely to continue for some time in its present format as well, IMO.
I don't understand why harry and meghan can't operate under charles his office. Queen has all her children under her office except for charles ofcourse. So when charles becomes king they don't have to change it again because they were already under charles his office. Easy solution.
Old 10-27-2018, 08:31 PM
Royal Highness

When Charles ascends to the throne I think people will be looking at how soon William becomes Prince of Wales. William doesn't become PoW the moment Charles becomes King; there is an investiture ceremony. Charles, it seems, would have to determine if and when William is ready to take the title. There is no interest I have seen in the workings of the Duchy of Cornwall from William. That might be a starting place for William.
Old 10-27-2018, 08:34 PM
Nobility

I read the full article and it's speculation from Roya.
Old 10-27-2018, 08:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
When Charles ascends to the throne I think people will be looking at how soon William becomes Prince of Wales. William doesn't become PoW the moment Charles becomes King; there is an investiture ceremony. Charles, it seems, would have to determine if and when William is ready to take the title. There is no interest I have seen in the workings of the Duchy of Cornwall from William. That might be a starting place for William.
William has been attending Prince’s Council meetings since 2011. He’s visited the Duchy dozens of times.

Here’s a quote from Alastair Martin, Secretary for The Duchy of Cornwall, regarding The Duke of Cambridge:

“I brief him and seek his views, particularly on long term projects. Part of my job is to keep on with the process of familiarization because no one knows when the succession is going to happen”

William is well versed on all Duchy matters.
Old 10-27-2018, 08:41 PM
Commoner

Quote:
First of all yes charles decides when he becomes prince of wales but he doesn't decide when william becomes duke of cornwall. Duke of Cornwall is automatic on the queen's death (hopefully not for a long time). With that comes automatic the duchy of cornwall.

Second William has attended the last couple of years meetings for the duchy of cornwall to prepare him for his future as head of the duchy. He had his last meeting for the duchy last week. He also did that course a couple of years back for this. So you are wrong to say that he has no interest in the workings because he has for the last couple of years.
Old 10-27-2018, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post

I'll believe that they are splitting the households and staff when I see an announcement from KP. No matter the pros and cons, the bottom line is somebody has to pay for it, that someone is Charles, and he is not made of an infinite amount of money. I guess we'll see.
Old 10-27-2018, 08:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Most Princes of Wales have been given the title without an investiture ceremony. The only two to have one have been Edward VIII and Prince Charles. I doubt that William will follow in their footsteps, actually. He may well be forty or over before it happens and people look at the cost of such ceremonies much more closely nowadays.
Old 10-27-2018, 08:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo View Post
I read the full article and it's speculation from Roya.
Read it also, and there are KEY words in there that spells that this is complete speculation on Roya's part. One thing I know about reporters, if there is even a sniff about a story, whether or not true or that they have all details, they will run with it just to be the first to get the news out in print.

BTW...I have a lot of respect for Roya compared to many others in the RR, but she has gotten many things inaccurate in the past.

NOW...if this is true, I can see it as a positive sign that things are moving in the right direction, but I really don't see this happening for another year or two, or God forbid, if the Queen passes sooner. It means that William and Catherine will be focused on duties designated for the PoW and DoCorn while Harry and Meghan will be focused on duties outside the state in the Commonwealth. All equally important in my book and all who will require their own staff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
I'll believe that they are splitting the households and staff when I see an announcement from KP. No matter the pros and cons, the bottom line is somebody has to pay for it, that someone is Charles, and he is not made of an infinite amount of money. I guess we'll see.
PRECISELY. There would be a mighty uproar for Charles to fund two households when at this point in time it's not needed. There may be a process of transition and preparation, but I don't think this is going to happen as soon as Roya is stating or as soon as others are hoping for.