The Royal Foundation of Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and Duke & Duchess of Sussex

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princes William and Harry, Princess Kate among top 10 health heroes for 2017

Princes William and Harry, Kate Middleton, pop singer Adele and body coach Joe Wicks have all been honoured in the top 10 Health Heroes for 2017.

The annual list, compiled by myhealthlondon, acknowledges people who have promoted good mental and physical wellbeing over the past 12 months, either through campaigning, sporting achievements or simply speaking out.

The royal trio of Kate, William and Harry lead the Heads Together campaign, which seeks to break down the stigma surrounding mental health and ensuring friends and family are comfortable supporting loved ones who might be in need of help.

Continuing the royal theme are midwives Arona Ahmed and Jacqui Dunkley-Bent, who helped deliver the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s daughter Princess Charlotte at St Mary’s Hospital in May 2015.

The pair recently featured in a critically-acclaimed BBC documentary on the huge number of African-Caribbean nurses who have worked in the NHS for the last 70 years
Read more: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2717303/princes-william-and-harry-kate-middleton-and-adele-among-top-10-health-heroes-for-2017/

Last edited:
Cepe Smith‏ @CepeSmith
CC 15/5 Duke of Cambridge this morning rec'd Mr Brent Hoberman (Chairman, the Royal Foundation Taskforce on the Prevention of Cyberbullying)

Kensington Palace‏ @KensingtonRoyal
This morning The Duke attended the 4th meeting of The Royal Foundation Taskforce on the Prevention of Cyberbullying at Buckingham Palace.
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/864816755264421888

The Taskforce brings together Britain's technology leaders to tackle the online bullying of young people:

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Taskforce is working to put practical measures in place by the end of 2017 to help & support children if they experience cyberbullying.

These measures include technological tools within social media platforms signposting children to online support. More updates to follow!

https://www.royal.uk/duke-cambridge-launches-cyberbullying-taskforce

Last edited:
Kensington Palace are hiring! The households of Prince William and Kate and Prince Harry are looking for a new senior communications officer to support the royals' work, with a particular focus on their Royal Foundation. An advertisement for the job has been posted on the palace's official website, detailing the role requirements.

The successful candidate will "manage the daily news flow to the media, ensuring items are accurately and positively reported and received by audiences via traditional, digital and social media". They will also produce creative communications campaigns, write press releases, give press briefings and respond to media enquiries. Above all, the candidate will "play a key role in the development and implementation of the communications strategy for The Royal Foundation," working alongside the CEO of the Foundation and the communications secretary.

Read more: Prince William, Kate Middleton and Prince Harry hiring new officer

Cepe Smith @CepeSmith

CC 11/9 The Duke of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation this morning received Nicholas Booth upon relinquishing his appt as CEO.

If Prince Harry marries will this foundation then be renamed the Royal Foundation of the Dukes and Duchesses of Cambridge and (maybe) Sussex?

I would expect so. To me, though, it seems a very long and clunky title. I hope all four don't turn up to too many joint engagements. Too much, too many people, IMO.

The Royal Foundation would be a better title once Harry gets married.

The Royal Foundation would be a better title once Harry gets married.

I hope all four don't turn up to too many joint engagements. Too much, too many people, IMO.

I believe that initially they'll do more engagements as a foursome and later it will taper off to big foundation events: ie mental health. No doubt Harry's wife will become involved in that aspect of the foundation too.

(I'm not going to say MM's name in these types of threads yet, because I'm afraid that I'll "jinx" their relationship.) ;-)

Last edited:
Yes I agree as adding the Cambridge and ________ titles would be clumsy.

I believe that initially they'll do more engagements as a foursome and later it will taper off to big foundation events: ie mental health. No doubt Harry's wife will become involved in that aspect of the foundation too.

(I'm not going to say MM's name in these types of threads yet, because I'm afraid that I'll "jinx" their relationship.) ;-)

Same here! I don’t want anything jinxed.

One thing very nice about the Royal Foundation is that it could actually expand to have a specific area of interest that would be totally Meghan's (or whomever he ends up marrying).

Right now the three main areas of concern are Youth, Armed Forces and Conservation. It seems Kate focuses on the youth charities, Harry on the armed forces and William with conservation. Its very possible that another category such as Human Rights could be added with Meghan focusing on this area as that's an area she's already done a lot of work with.

The Royal Foundation is made to order for a fourth person to join in and make a difference. We'll just have to watch and see what happens.

:previous:

Not Human Rights - too political. It's a pity, but there it is.

You're right as Human Rights may be too political.

Just was trying to think up a category that might be added. OK. How about The Performing Arts? Different organizations that would be added to give an outlet for people that normally wouldn't have the chance to study these arts in other circumstances?

Just trying to show that the Foundation could be very flexible to add another Duchess to its list. :D

One can really tell that all of the Three Musketeers (W&K&H) are deeply committed to this endeavor. Its not just that they're getting a message out but they're continually striving to find out and enact different ways to reach people and backing it with grants from the Foundation.

They've come a long way since the Foundation became operational in 2011. :D

One can really tell that all of the Three Musketeers (W&K&H) are deeply committed to this endeavor. Its not just that they're getting a message out but they're continually striving to find out and enact different ways to reach people and backing it with grants from the Foundation.

They've come a long way since the Foundation became operational in 2011. :D

Right! This whole thing has been a process that they are deeply involved in nurturing.
I got so irritated with people (not necessarily on this forum) who criticized what and how the Royal Foundation was doing. Some thought it wasn't moving fast enough or wasn't in depth enough. They acted they it should have sprung forth fully operational like something that had been in existence for 20 years like other long standing charitable endeavors. No patience in letting things grow slowly to be strong and focused.

This foundation is only getting started. I get the feeling they’re about to take things to new heights.

I love how passionate they are on the individual issues they support.

Who's going to take over Prince Charles' Trust...the big one he started years and years ago when he was in the military. Mind blank as to the official name.

LaRae

I think all of us could personally name right here and now where the Royal Foundation has definitely made a big impact just within the last month.

1. The Invictus Games. Many do not realize that the Games are under the umbrella of The Royal Foundation. We've seen how successful the games in Toronto were. :D

2. Just this month it has been announced that the UK is to ban the sale of ivory. This has been a huge focus of United For Wildlife which is also under the umbrella of The Royal Foundation.

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...trade-ban-help-end-shame-of-elephant-poaching

Projects - Royal Foundation

Who's going to take over Prince Charles' Trust...the big one he started years and years ago when he was in the military. Mind blank as to the official name.

LaRae

One name comes to mind for me. The King's Trust. There isn't any real reason that I can think of that the Prince's Trust couldn't continue on with Charles as king and its patron. Eventually it could continue on into the future as The King Charles Trust with the aim of being run as his original plans for it were and kept through the years.

Once a good thing gets going like The Royal Foundation, there are always ways to keep them going and doing what the founders had in mind for it.

I don't know if this makes sense, but do we know how the Foundation is structured per se? Like are Harry's charities listed with and coordinated with the Foundation?

And as someone very kindly mentioned upthread, when Wills takes over the Duchy of Cornwall, he will most likely have to step away from the Foundation, but then again, is the Prince's trust under the Duchy? Not sure.

Following-up from the Harry & Meghan thread...

Actually, exactly the opposite was stated. Charles' involvement in the Prince's Trust next to his involvement with the Duchy next to of fourse other duties as the Prince of Wales is a clear example that all these various aspects can be combined, so there is no need at all to bow out of the Royal Foundation. William and Harry surely thought ahead before starting this foundation and decided that they wanted to combine their work to have more impact (I assume).

What makes the Foundation work so well is that a royal patron can work by him/herself on one specific project (Harry and the Invictus Games) or they can all work together on some like United For Wildlife and Heads Together.

It will be very easily done for Meghan to have her own specific area of interest at the Foundation or jump in and work with the others on some. That's why this Foundation is such a good idea. Its so flexible with many projects under one roof. The other great aspect is that some projects like United For Wildlife is a global endeavor drawing in supporting organizations from all over the world and not just the UK.

The royal patrons spearhead the projects as the main supporters but they have it set up that there's a board of trustees that do the actual governing. Individual projects (like Invictus Games) also have their own governing boards to do the daily things that need to be done and make decisions. This leaves the royals with ways that they can remain totally involved in the Foundation without being overloaded to spend a lot of time and energy with what goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom