Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 10:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaiSoSo View Post
I wholeheartedly disagree with the last bullet. Meghan may not have had siblings around but that doesn't mean she didn't know how to get along with others. Quite the opposite she hasn't been told her whole life how she is going to be Queen (or a consort) and just be able to wait around for it; she had to go out and learn how to make things happen.

• Her parents made sure she know how privileged she was from a young age and how she could help others. (Volunteering by age 11-12 and continuing on to adulthood)

•She was part of a successful ensemble show in which no one seems to have a bad thing to say about her. In fact they talked about how she was the one to have an idea and work hard to see it through to fruition. (Making sure that the extra food on set didn’t go to waste…and finding a way to give it to others who needed it)

•She had the creative skills and knew what it was like to work with others to create a successful brand in the The Tig, from scratch.

•Partnering with UN to bring things like fresh water, other needs to women and people around the world.

None of that says the she doesn’t know how to work with others, just look at the reception she gets from her projects and patronages, we know that she meets with them in private, asks how she can get involved and makes a plan to either fundraise and/or support the cause. These are all qualities that would be helpful in creating/maintaining a foundation.

Would like to also add that Meghan's college experience in Kappa Kappa Gamma would require her to work well with others especially when she chaired their recruitment during one year. Recruitment and the weeks of preparation is definitely the most stress filled and active time period in any National Panhellenic's sorority's calendar. It requires all members to work together and move past any disagreements quickly and smoothly in order to have a successful recruitment of new members.

Old 06-21-2019, 10:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

All 4 of them know have experience in working with others one way or the other. Military experience, Meghan’s prior career, school/class projects in general, the fact that they’re all members of the family “business” and have been for a long time- aside from Meghan etc. None of them have lived their lives in a vacuum where team work wasn’t necessary.

I feel like Meghan is an easy target because she’s the new member of the family. But who really knows what drove this. Could have been a variety of factors.

I understand that they don’t want to publicly state that there were behind the scenes problems, but if they wanted to play the “this was inevitable now” due to both men settling down/their different roles in the family- the time to say that was last year. It’s too late imo to say that and make it seem believable. That was all true last year.

I do hope all goes well with the split and everyone is happier. All 4 are doing important work.

Old 06-21-2019, 12:28 PM
Heir Apparent

The thing is, it is not always clear to everyone ahead of time how things are going to work out. They could have had all the intentions in the world of continuing the Foundation in its original form and discovered that for a variety of reasons it was not sustainable.

I think a lot of roles are changing in the Royal Family right now. It really began with the Duke of Edinburgh's retirement and now the Queen herself is passing more of her duties onto Charles and William especially, and then other members of the family. I think William's place in the working family has been elevated and disturbed the balance of things.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
The thing is, it is not always clear to everyone ahead of time how things are going to work out. They could have had all the intentions in the world of continuing the Foundation in its original form and discovered that for a variety of reasons it was not sustainable.

I think a lot of roles are changing in the Royal Family right now. It really began with the Duke of Edinburgh's retirement and now the Queen herself is passing more of her duties onto Charles and William especially, and then other members of the family. I think William's place in the working family has been elevated and disturbed the balance of things.
Even if that’s the reason which caused the foundation split, it sure wasn’t communicated well and help produced a hell of a lot of PR chaos.

I happen to think the relationship between the bros hit a bump and they decided not to go with the original plan. It’s like we’re now a world apart from what we saw at the foundation forum last year. The brand of the royal “Fab Four” wasn’t just made up. We was going to get that from the Cambridge’s and Sussex’s. That bump threw everything off. I think the lack of joint appearances (outside of family events) between the couples, especially for the foundation, gave us a sense of something wasn’t kosher behind Kensington Palace’s walls.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-21-2019, 04:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
When things change, things can and do go bump in the night, the unexpected throws monkey wrenches in the works and things need to be adapted to and changed and tailored to fit circumstances.

Its been really just over 13 months ago that Meghan joined the BRF and, at that time, it was deemed a good idea to just include Meghan as a patron of the Royal Foundation as a newlywed and totally new to being a working royal for the "Firm" and in the Royal Foundation's incentives. I do believe that they got more than what they bargained for at first and, IMO, its a compliment to Meghan. They actually got far more than what they bargained for

Meghan is no shrinking violet needed to be pack in bubble wrap and eased into the world of being a working royal. Charles rightly nicknamed her "tungsten" and in just those 13 months since the wedding, Meghan has exhibited the stuff she's made of and has also had her and Harry's first child.

Perhaps the split was always going to happen with the Foundation but not so soon. Give Meghan a time to adapt and adjust first. Perhaps they've found that Meghan (along with Harry) are both ready, eager and willing to step into their future roles 100% and the split was expedited as they were deemed ready to forge ahead on their own.

We'll never really know the hows and whys and underlining reasons going into the future but its happening and I wish both couples overwhelming success with both of their foundations.

The best is yet to come.
Old 06-21-2019, 04:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 19th June:
Kensington Palace

The Duke of Cambridge and The Duke of Sussex, Joint Patrons, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, this morning held a Trustees’ Meeting at Kensington Palace.
Old 06-21-2019, 04:55 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Well, it’s not the biggest deal in the world. The Cambridge’s and Sussex’s will be alright. They’re big people and they will go on to do great things with their foundations. It’s just obvious the plan was for all four to work under the Royal Foundation. Something broke down behind the scenes and it was later decided that it’s best to part ways from under the Royal Foundation umbrella.

If the whole thing was about William’s preparation for his future royal roles as Prince of Wales and King, the palace would’ve made that clear pretty early on. Meghan wouldn’t have become the Foundation’s patron and Harry would’ve split from the Foundation after the wedding.

It appears like everyone (Kensington Palace officials and both royal couples) were stuck between a rock and a hard place due to the sensitivity of the situation. Stuck between wanting to maintain privacy, but then not knowing how to diplomatically address the issues with the press. Although the press kinda picked up on the notion that all wasn’t well behind the palace walls.

So everything was handled badly. No doubt about that.
I agree with this. It seems like a bit of a sudden move, which does, in this case, suggest that something went wrong behind the scenes meaning that both couples no longer could or felt comfortable with working together.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-21-2019, 05:06 PM
Heir Apparent

What's interesting in reading the financial report for The Royal Foundation is the lack of direction, strategy, and forward planning continuously being listed as a risk. And this has been on there well before Meghan's time. So it seems that while the young royals worked on certain issues together, they were off doing their own thing and the foundation just handled their charitable endeavors as it came along.

And reading the specific projects, it's even more discerning. Only Endeavour Funds, Together, and IG are self sufficient projects. Many other initiatives had shortfalls and needed funds moved from elsewhere to cover it.

It seems to be an on-going problem. Perhaps the different direction is more couples seeing different way of running things more so than some have more "restrictive" roles. And I wish KP would just come out and say that rather than the wishy washy excuse that doesn't hold with one look at the heir to the throne.
Old 06-21-2019, 05:25 PM
Majesty

That’s the whole point of a foundation. If everything was self sufficient there wouldn’t be any need to raise money in the first place.

Sir Keith Mills has tons of experience with this kind of stuff. He helped organise the London Olympics.

Look at the things Prince Charles funds, Exactly projects that otherwise wouldn’t be anywhere without grants.

Harry and Meghan don’t even have private secretaries and yet apparently they’re going to have a brand new foundation up and running by the end of the year with staff and a board of directors. It’ll be interesting bb
Old 06-21-2019, 05:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I agree with this. It seems like a bit of a sudden move, which does, in this case, suggest that something went wrong behind the scenes meaning that both couples no longer could or felt comfortable with working together.
Yeah. Even though I know they’ll be okay, I personally feel a sense of sadness about this foundation separation. I know the four of them would’ve been one powerful force on the royal stage under the umbrella of the Royal Foundation.

Now I know how my parents and grandparents felt when The Temptations and Commodores split.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-21-2019, 05:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Yeah. Even though I know they’ll be okay, I personally feel a sense of sadness about this foundation separation. I know the four of them would’ve been one powerful force on the royal stage under the umbrella of the Royal Foundation.

Now I know how my parents and grandparents felt when The Temptations and Commodores split.
It also happened with the first and original "Fab Four" too. The Beatles. In that case, everyone blamed Yoko Ono for the split. Ahhhh.... memories.
Old 06-21-2019, 06:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
What's interesting in reading the financial report for The Royal Foundation is the lack of direction, strategy, and forward planning continuously being listed as a risk. And this has been on there well before Meghan's time. So it seems that while the young royals worked on certain issues together, they were off doing their own thing and the foundation just handled their charitable endeavors as it came along.

And reading the specific projects, it's even more discerning. Only Endeavour Funds, Together, and IG are self sufficient projects. Many other initiatives had shortfalls and needed funds moved from elsewhere to cover it.

It seems to be an on-going problem. Perhaps the different direction is more couples seeing different way of running things more so than some have more "restrictive" roles.

And I wish KP would just come out and say thatrather than the wishy washy excuse that doesn't hold with one look at the heir to the throne.
Not quite sure what you mean by this last comment. Do not really understand what you are inferring if anything.
Old 06-21-2019, 08:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
Not quite sure what you mean by this last comment. Do not really understand what you are inferring if anything.
In discussing reason for the split, KP has said, and it’s verified by multiple RRs, it is because the Cambridges have more restrictive roles and used Harry’s AppleTV deal as example insinuating that’s not something the Cambridges can do. But the fact of matter is, there aren’t as much “restrictions” in terms of charitable endeavors by the heir to the throne as The Prince of Wales has demonstrated. In fact, some have pointed out it simply doesn’t make sense the way KP has chosen to portray it.
Old 06-21-2019, 08:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Prior years report identified the "risk" & probably "it" has dragged too long of a time.
https://twitter.com/benglevy1969/sta...02306055315457

It seems that the Royal Foundation is being mismanaged.
Old 06-21-2019, 08:56 PM
Royal Highness

You may remember that the first Executive Director was replaced about 2 years ago. At one time he worked in the USA and left much to be desired. I’m not too certain that the next ED has been any better.
Old 06-21-2019, 09:02 PM
Majesty

Having a risk management framework in place not only responsible but a legal requirement in the UK

The trustees identify potential risks and then put plans in place to deal with it.

No where at all is there an iota of evidence to say it’s being mismanaged, which is quite the charge to make.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

An allegation of mismanagement is an extremely serious one, and better have substantial evidence before anyone starts slinging that around in public.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:13 AM
Serene Highness

Guys, if the Queen see them fit to have their own foundation then so be it. Let's not blow this out of proportion as if this is really unlikely to happen. Both Harry and Meghan are passionate changemakers. Harry have created Sentable with the Prince of Lesotho when he was just 22 years old and the Invictus games too. Meghan have launched the Together: Our Community Cookbook just 4 months after her entry to the BRF. These two have potentials and they want to bring light to the causes they love.
Why do we take it from them to have a foundation where they can help more people? Rather than be biased about Meghan's background and calling this move to be very showbiz. Let's just support them.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:21 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
For the life of me I can’t understand why people want to perpetuate the notion that the separation of the Foundation is due to sibling discord and spousal bitchyness.
what is clear is that initially the royal foundation was going to include them 4. they 4 showed up at a large event to comment on how the royal foundation was going to work just after meghan and harry got engaged. the plan was for them to work together. now, only months after, we are seeing a 180 degree change of direction, so it is clear something has happened in the last 18 months that has prompted the need for the cambridges and the sussexes to go solo, separate ways. everyone has their own view on what may have happened, but i think we can all agree that 4 'heads' is too much and that maybe one or several couldn't work with one another anymore.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:38 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I really don’t understand most if anything that has occurred within the Cambridge & Sussex households since Henry and Meghans marriage everything just seems highly mis-managed. None of the splits have anything to do with sibling discord, but the way they have been handled and announcement at such inopportune times has meant it has appeared that way.

If there was always the intention to split everything which frankly appears to be the case across the board, why ever merge anything to begin with? They are all four separate individuals who need to maintain their own identities within their marriage and carve their own paths.

I personally don’t believe the splitting of the foundation is a good thing, The Royal Foundation could have been a combined ventures of the four with umbrellas under the main “title” as it were representing the charities of the four individual royals who support it. It would have sent such a strong combined message. I don’t believe separate entities will do as good as they good, if they were combined. It’s two of everything, when one is just as powerful.