Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 03:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
I absolutely agree with your post Carlota and, as I said elsewhere on this forum, she made sure to have the last word and she shouldn't have. The only thing I can say is that the BBC interviewer (of course) asked a leading question about women empowerment, but MM should have been wise enough to steer the course of her answer.
How is it that she had to have the last word? Because she had an view to the topic being discussed and offered? They all jumped into at some point when they wanted to add to the answer. If they didn't want her to participate, they wouldn't have invited her. The host and Meghan spoke up at the same time. Some are acting like Meghan realized the host is ending the discussion and decided now is the time to have the last word. And how is she not wise by answering in the interviewer's question in a very well spoken way? Because her answer was very good and some felt that took too much attention away?

Old 03-01-2018, 03:27 PM
Majesty

Today The Duke of Cambridge is highlighting the importance of mental wellbeing at work by introducing a new @heads_together & @MindCharity workplace mental health initiative.

Via Kensington Palace Twitter

Full speech: A speech delivered by The Duke of Cambridge at the Workplace Wellbeing Conference

Old 03-01-2018, 03:32 PM
Gentry

It's really a sad situation when women are arguing over two women. Meghan didn't do anything wrong. She answered the questions in a thoughtful and articulate way, and she never disrespected anyone. The trio seemed very pleased to have her there. If they didn't want her input, she wouldn't have been invited to attend or she could have sat in the audience.

Harry is going to want his wife to be by his side at these events, just as William has had the pleasure of Kate's assistance. Harry loves Meghan, and he clearly appreciates her vast knowledge of certain issues. She's there to help him, not to harm him or any members of his family - that includes Kate. Fans of these women seem to have more issues with one another than Meghan and Kate seem to have with each other.
Old 03-01-2018, 04:09 PM
Majesty

I think they will work just fine together. Harry said during the engagement interview that Meghan will be a team player. Can’t ask for more than that.

We have a pretty good idea what her interests are. It’ll be interesting to see what she picks as her initial charities.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:52 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Monica was just quoting what the website says. Fully operational in 2011.

“The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry was legally established by The Princes in September 2009 and became fully operational in 2011. Along with The Duchess of Cambridge who is now officially a Patron, they intend to use the Foundation as the main vehicle for their philanthropic activities.“

The Royal Foundation
You are correct. However, before William and Harry sat down a figured out they could halve their administration and double their usefulness by creating the Royal Foundation, both William and Harry were already invested in charities that spoke to them as individuals. That and the notion that they were uniquely placed to become charity facilitators has produced a workable foundation while still allowing time for specific personal interests.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:41 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
I absolutely agree with your post Carlota and, as I said elsewhere on this forum, she made sure to have the last word and she shouldn't have. The only thing I can say is that the BBC interviewer (of course) asked a leading question about women empowerment, but MM should have been wise enough to steer the course of her answer.
I'm curious, why Meghan shouldn't have answered the question the way she did?
Why shouldn't Meghan commented after Catherine did?
Old 03-02-2018, 09:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I haven't had a chance to sit and watch the video yet but I'd like to chime in on the "talking over" thing.

It seems that way this interview was conducted that it was mean to be more along the lines of "the four of us" chiming in when talking about something. It wasn't structured as to whose turn it was to speak. A more structured interview with each given a certain amount of time to speak and answer a question just wouldn't have had the same effect as "the four of them" talking as a whole and stating something when the occasion arose that added to the material.

None of the four were to be singled out and to me, that sounds like it was perfect for denoting all four of them were working together on this. As Dman would say, it alludes more to #TheFabFour as a team rather than four individuals. It seems they had quite a good time with it.
Your impression is a bit off. It was very much answering questions one by one (in the order they were seated in). Only at the end it was a bit more of a general conversation about disagreements while working together as a family. William and especially Harry took the lead and at the end Catherine chimed in and probably Meghan felt that she had to contribute as well which resulted in her being the 'closing' speaker.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Your impression is a bit off. It was very much answering questions one by one (in the order they were seated in). Only at the end it was a bit more of a general conversation about disagreements while working together as a family. William and especially Harry took the lead and at the end Catherine chimed in and probably Meghan felt that she had to contribute as well which resulted in her being the 'closing' speaker.
Yea, I think it was just a matter of all of them caught in a discussion. And Meghan did have a point about pushing the envelope that tied into Harry’s discussion about different personalities bringing different things to the table. Her point is that working together is also about challenging each other to go that extra mile and sometimes that’s through disagreements. Which is very true.
Old 03-04-2018, 06:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

The work the Cambridge’s and Harry and Meghan are doing in the Royal Foundation are relevant, present new challenges and is with the times. The samething can be said about the Prince’s Trust.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-04-2018, 07:39 PM
Majesty

The addition of Meghan to that little group shows a lot of promise and I love the dynamic whereby each person's forte seems to be enabled. But sticking to the ladies, Catherine watches, listens and learns, whilst Meghan speaks with passion and knowledge. I think that put the original interviewer unexpectedly on the back foot, while Rachel Johnson was out of her depth so she indulged in a little tall poppy syndrome.

As to Harry biting his lip, well I think he was trying not to laugh as Meghan all but ran right over the interviewer. If anyone knows Meghan it is Harry and I think William and Catherine have learned Harry has his very own 'Pocket Rocket' who can more than hold her own. A very welcome addition to the foundation.

Check out the faces of Harry and William, and Catherine looks totally relaxed an has a blissful little smile on her face.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I think the younger royals will find a balance. It is no different than when Queen Elizabeth II had to adapt to change over the decades because society was changing around her. I don't think people are expecting anything drastic. That is not realistic but touching on a modern era with modern views is expected. It wasn't that long ago that the subject of mental health was taboo and look how successful Heads Together has been. I also think they are testing the waters with Meghan speaking a little more freely pre royalty to feel things out especially since it will likely be her focus.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:12 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Several off topic and disruptive posts have been deleted. The discussion regarding Meghan’s future responsibilities has been moved to the Meghan Markle: Future Duties, Roles and Responsibilities thread.
Old 03-06-2018, 05:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
I'm curious, why Meghan shouldn't have answered the question the way she did?
Why shouldn't Meghan commented after Catherine did?
The main reason is that Catherine is senior in the hierarchy to Meghan and so should have the final word. It is the pecking order in the BRF that should be observed - just as Meghan will always have to give way to Kate whenever they are together.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:39 PM
Aristocracy

The adherence to protocol and hierarchy seemed fairly relaxed during this event. For example, at the end of the panel Meghan was prepared to wait for W&K to leave the stage 1st and Harry encouraged her to go ahead and take her seat. I see your point at more formal engagements but this didn't appear to fit that mold.
Old 03-07-2018, 12:15 AM
Royal Highness

Omid Mio Scobie shared on Twitter that he's started a new podcast with Emily Andrews entitled On Heir (about royalty news). Their first episode centers on "Fab Four take centre stage" at the RFF.

The podcast can be found on I-Tunes under the News & Politics subject heading.
Old 03-08-2018, 05:25 AM
Royal Highness

I agree with those who feel all the over-scrutiny in the media and discussion here regarding Meghan's participation in the RFF on stage discussion is a tempest in a teapot. I am guilty too of having over-analyzed earlier. But then the rush by others to negatively pile on and to heavily criticize Meghan for speaking up with confidence, is unwarranted.

Far from Meghan trying to have the 'last word,' she was only briefly elaborating on what Kate had said, and referencing some of Harry's comments as well. It was the host who had the last word on stage in wrapping-up the discussion.

I counted the actual time each of the Fab Four engaged in conversing on stage. And the laugh is on the media. William opened the conference with a 7 minutes 36 second speech. And overall Prince Williiam spoke during the group session for a total of 5 minutes 47 seconds.

Prince Harry was next at a total of about five minutes for on stage discussion and he gave a brief speech later on that wasn't included in the Youtube videos I've seen.

Duchess Kate spoke during the discussion for a total of 4 minutes 28 seconds, and Kate also later gave a speech on stage.

Meghan contributed to the on stage conversation for a total of only 3 minutes 21 seconds. And Meghan did not give a speech later because she's not yet a full working member of the foundation.

Meghan didn't do anything wrong, nor did she say anything that was inappropriate. She was articulate, knowledgeable, enthusiastic and supportive toward the others, as well as deferential without being meek or passive.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:45 PM
Heir Apparent

CC 19/3 The Duke of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry, this morning received Sir Keith Mills (Chairman).
Old 05-15-2018, 08:47 AM
Majesty

CC 14/5
The Duke of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry, this afternoon received Sir Keith Mills (Chairman).

Via Cepe Smith Twitter
Old 05-21-2018, 09:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Changes

As I thought, things would be rolling right along with people being right on top of things. It looks now like its simply The Royal Foundation since the marriage of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex has happened.

https://www.royalfoundation.com
Old 05-21-2018, 10:31 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
As I thought, things would be rolling right along with people being right on top of things. It looks now like its simply The Royal Foundation since the marriage of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex has happened.

https://www.royalfoundation.com
Good catch. I’m glad they cropped the name. Kensington Palace twitter added H&M’s new titles and it’s just clunky.

Closed Thread