The Royal Family Order (RFO) and other Royal Orders and Decorations 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And we do hope the Duchess is wearing an RFO and a sash on the said eve.

Hopefully with the family order. It’s been a long time and lots of work achieved in her seniority. You’ll only see her in a sash if she’s been appointed by Her Majesty to a Knighthood or she receives a foreign order. So we’ll see.

Hopefully with the family order. It’s been a long time and lots of work achieved in her seniority. You’ll only see her in a sash if she’s been appointed by Her Majesty to a Knighthood or she receives a foreign order. So we’ll see.

Forgive me being ironic, but I think it is rather more likely for Catherine to be installed a dame of a dutch order than to receive the RFO...:whistling:
The Queen hasn´t really altered her policy concerning giving orders to female members. The late Princess of Wales never received an order from her homecountry (except the Family Order, of course), and the dutch one was the only one from a foreign country although she attended dozens of state visits... In comparision, the Dss of Cornwall relatively received pretty soon the RFO as well as the the Royal Victorian Order.

Forgive me being ironic, but I think it is rather more likely for Catherine to be installed a dame of a dutch order than to receive the RFO...:whistling:
The Queen hasn´t really altered her policy concerning giving orders to female members. The late Princess of Wales never received an order from her homecountry (except the Family Order, of course), and the dutch one was the only one from a foreign country although she attended dozens of state visits... In comparision, the Dss of Cornwall relatively received pretty soon the RFO as well as the the Royal Victorian Order.

Di had two foreign orders; Dutch and Egyptian. The family order was given in 82. I think the use of ivory in the family order is a problem now for Catherine. I hope this is fixed. Hopefully all the senior royal ladies get a Dutch order out of this State Visit.

Last edited:
Di had two foreign orders; Dutch and Egyptian. The family order was given in 82. I think the use of ivory in the family order is a problem now for Catherine. I hope this is fixed. Hopefully all the senior royal ladies get a Dutch order out of this State Visit.

In 1982 at the last Dutch State Visit, we saw:

The Queen (Orde in de Nederlandsche Leeuw)
The Duke of Edinburgh (Orde in de Nederlandsche Leeuw)
Queen Beatrix (Royal Victorian Chain + Royal Victorian Order)
Prince Claus (Royal Victorian Order)
Queen Elizabeth (Orde in de Nederlandsche Leeuw)
The Prince of Wales (Orde van Oranje-Nassau + Huisorde van Oranje)
The Princess of Wales (Huisorde van Oranje)
The Princess Royal (Orde van Oranje-Nassau)
The Princess Margaret (Orde in de Nederlandsche Leeuw)

Princess Alice, Countess of Athlone sadly died a year earlier.
She had Dutch Orders as well.

Last edited:
In 1982 at the last Dutch State Visit, we saw:

The Queen (Orde in de Nederlandsche Leeuw)
The Duke of Edinburgh (Orde in de Nederlandsche Leeuw)
Queen Beatrix (Royal Victorian Chain + Royal Victorian Order)
Prince Claus (Royal Victorian Order)
Queen Elizabeth (Orde in de Nederlandsche Leeuw)
The Prince of Wales (Orde van Oranje-Nassau + Huisorde van Oranje)
The Princess of Wales (Huisorde van Oranje)
The Princess Royal (Orde van Oranje-Nassau)
The Princess Margaret (Orde in de Nederlandsche Leeuw)

Princess Alice, Countess of Athlone sadly died a year earlier.
She had Dutch Orders as well.

Right, so I hope Camilla, William and Catherine, Edward and Sophie, will be given orders on this visit. It’s just extra special when the UK receives an incoming royal State Visit. The second one in many years.

I’m going to guess and say W-A will actually receive the Garter on this visit. I have a hunch HM will want the new Dutch king to have it.

I know Beatrix didn’t get it right away but I think it’ll be different this time.

There is not a sash that goes with the RFO (if she has yet received it). She would only get a sash from a foreign order or is she was given an order from QEII.
Yes, I am aware that the RFO dies not come either a sash, but I was referring to the sash of a Dutch order.

Right, so I hope Camilla, William and Catherine, Edward and Sophie, will be given orders on this visit. It’s just extra special when the UK receives an incoming royal State Visit. The second one in many years.

Why are you hoping/expecting William and Catherine to receive a Dutch order? They are only reported to be attending the state banquet and that isn’t normally a reason to get an order. If that was the requirement then the entire BRF would be laden with foreign orders.

Why are you hoping/expecting William and Catherine to receive a Dutch order? They are only reported to be attending the state banquet and that isn’t normally a reason to get an order. If that was the requirement then the entire BRF would be laden with foreign orders.

It would be nice if they received a Dutch order. They are senior royals after all.

It would be nice if they received a Dutch order. They are senior royals after all.
It would be nice to see Catherine with the RFO as well.

The Duchess of Cambridge is wearing the family order for the second time. It’s first outing was at the Diplomatic Corps reception in December. #NetherlandsStateVisit

Unlike other examples of the family order, the Duchess of Cambridge’s is made of glass rather than ivory.

via MajestyMagazine Twitter

Specially made of glass, not ivory. Just for Catherine.

Woooooooooow now i stand corrected fot the next million years :eek::eek::eek:
So, so the debate is really over ? Just can't believe it.

I’m not sure why, but I think this is really exciting for Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge. She may end up being the only one of her generation to receive the honor.

I’m not sure why, but I think this is really exciting for Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge. She may end up being the only one of her generation to receive the honor.

Quite right!

The Duchess of Cambridge is wearing the family order for the second time. It’s first outing was at the Diplomatic Corps reception in December. #NetherlandsStateVisit

Unlike other examples of the family order, the Duchess of Cambridge’s is made of glass rather than ivory.

via MajestyMagazine Twitter

Hadn't realized that Catherine has had it for nearly a year as we rarely see full length photos from the Diplomatic Corps reception. Glad to see that a compromise was made by substituting glass for the traditional ivory.

I must have missed it when the Duchess of Cambridge received the RFO :lol:

Its been reported that there has been global earth tremors sending things flying off their shelves and it seems the epicenter of the small quake is located in the Midwest. Oh wait.... this just in. Its being reported that the cause is one Dman jumping up and down repeatedly while jubilantly shouting "YES!!!" :D

As a passionate advocate for Kate and the RFO for such a long time, its a happy day for our Dman!

I also like that its being reported that Kate's RFO is made of glass rather than ivory like the rest of the family wears. This, in and of itself, is a huge statement that the royal family embraces and supports William's work around the globe to ban the ivory trade and the illegal poaching to attain it.

Nicely done!

I assume that they had to find a substitute for the ivory anyway, because the use of ivory is just no longer acceptable. So I don't think that it's only Williams personal involvement with conservation issues.

I'd love to see really good pics of Kate's RFO, but I might be asking too much? Sigh.

Congratulations to The Duchess of Cambridge. She did deserve the RFO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom