The Royal Family Order (RFO) and other Royal Orders and Decorations 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• image-177397782.jpg
    image-177397782.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 422
  • image-1407326240.jpg
    image-1407326240.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 343
  • image-1461692671.jpg
    image-1461692671.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:
some one see the orden diana, princess of wales fot the ladies in waiting? is really beautiful

Looks like a mayor or mayoress chain.

You can tell I'm American - because I always forget about those. :bang:

Thanks, Lumutqueen!

The lady in question would be Councillor Angela Harvey she is the Mayor of the City of Westminster, Baker Street falls under her jurisdiction.

A picture of the Duke and Duchess at the enthronement of Pope Francis

Courtesy Royal ORder of SArtorial Splendour

" morning coat for him and a day dress for her, but adding in some medals and orders (the Royal Victorian Order, the Diamond Jubilee Medal, and a rare daywear sighting of the Royal Family ORder for the Duchess"

When will the to-be-new-born Cambridge princess get QEII's RFO.. Hope she will get old enough soon..BTW what age did Anne get her RFO? I know Queen and Margaret got them (GeorgeV's) pretty early..But I am sure now its not so easy (read early)..And BTW do Lady Sarah Chatto/Viscountess Linley/Autumn Phillips have RFOs?

Anne was 19 - born - 1950 - RFO - 1969.

Currently it appears that only Camilla, Sophie, Anne, Birgitte, Katherine (Kent), Alexandra and the Dowager Duchess of Grafton have the RFO of QEII.

I'm not sure baby Cambridge will get the order. Perhaps under Charles. I think the Royal Order of Queen Elizabeth II is only given to senior royal ladies. Catherine will most likely be getting her soon if she don't have it already. Trouble is the Orders aren't announced. You have to wait for the royal ladies to show up at State Banquet or State event to see if they have received it.

Yea was just going to say- if Catherine doesn't have it already I bet she gets it after she has the baby.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm long way to go for the Cambridge princess..so I think its unlikely she gets RFO of QEII. And I guess Sarah Chatto/Serena Linley/Zara/Autumn may not get RFOs as they are not 'proper' royals..So next will be Kate, Mrs Harry..Thats all for QEII I guess..And maybe Bea&Eu..But thats again an entirely different thing..

I think the Queen's granddaughters and wives of grandsons as well as Serena Lindley and Sarah Chatto will get the RFO but we most likely won't know until Charles's coronation.

I suspect that granddaughters and granddaughters-in-law of QEII who don't get her RFO won't get the one from their uncle or uncle-in-law.

Not about 'honorary' appointments, you have to have served in the military to be an ADC. Anne hasn't served. Edward quit after a third of his 12 month training. He isn't listed as a 'second lieutenant' anywhere on Wikipedia, other than that page, so this maybe incorrect.

Edward did the commissioning course while at uni so 2nd Lt is correct. He then had to do the specific training for the marines and that is what he quit.

What is did complete was similar to what William and Harry did at Sandhurst and then they went and did their specific training to be able to work in their chosen area of the army (note similar not exactly the same) and then had to retrain to be helicopter training which took ages - in Harry's case nearly 2 years.

diana have the orden of the royal family, right???
catherine not yet¿

diana never have the orden of the family, right? is unfair

According to Wikipedia (I know, not the best source) Diana had the Royal Family Order of Queen Elizabeth II First Class. Catherine doesn't have it (yet), but neither does Autumn. Sarah never had it.

We don't know about younger members of the family. They do not attend events where the RFO would be worn. You only know someone has it when you see them wear it.

We don't know about younger members of the family. They do not attend events where the RFO would be worn. You only know someone has it when you see them wear it.

That is true. What I should have said is that we don't yet know that Catherine or Autumn has it.

I believe, for Sarah though, we can say she didn't get it.

HMQ has never been known for being generous in handing out honours within her gift, and there was some surprise that the Duchess of Cornwall received the GCVO so soon!

As for Catherine, I would say nothing received as yet, perhaps after the birth.

We can ad that two others extrovert, much-publicized and sometimes controversial figures of the RF received nothing from HM : Sarah Duchess of York and Princess Michael of Kent.

Although there are numerous articles at the time saying that Charles basically begged the Queen to give Camilla the GCVO because he was embarrassed that other senior royal woman have multiple orders (Sophie has the Order of St John in addition to her GCVO)

I have heard that her and Sophie are close and is The Queen favorite Daughter-In-Law. Not saying she is playing favorites but could be why she got it pretty quick.

After 2 tours and a blemish-free 2 years, I would be surprised if Kate didnt already have QEII's family order. She just has not yet had the opportunity to wear it publicly. I think all in all, HM is well aware of her advancing years and is taking care to see that appropirate acknoweldgements are made all around. I expect Harry to be made a Knight of the Garter either this year or next (30th bday would be appropriate). I think giving Camilla the GCVO was partially at Charles encouragement, and part of the plan of her increasing profile and role. If we know anything about the BRF, they are planners - very few things are left to chance.

I have heard that her and Sophie are close and is The Queen favorite Daughter-In-Law. Not saying she is playing favorites but could be why she got it pretty quick.

Yeah, The Queen is pretty close to Sophie. I just think she is trying to give her current daughters-in-law a deserved pat on the back for their hard work now. The Queen just didn't do it back in the day.

Although there are numerous articles at the time saying that Charles basically begged the Queen to give Camilla the GCVO because he was embarrassed that other senior royal woman have multiple orders

Not numerous BUT only one article, from the Daily Mail :

Frantic pleas by Charles, an honour from Her Majesty and a question... Is 'Dame' Camilla now a step closer to becoming Queen? | Mail Online

It woul be, indeed, quite innocent to believe that the GCVO granted to Camilla was not part of the "transitional monarchy" plan. But i still think there is some level of acknowledgment from HM regarding Camilla's attitude since 2005.

...We can ad that two others extrovert, much-publicized and sometimes controversial figures of the RF received nothing from HM : Sarah Duchess of York and Princess Michael of Kent.
Unlike Prince Charles, Prince Michael chose a somewhat better wife, who can be a controversial figure, but knows how to preserve the marriage. Princess Michael does not have this order and will not have it for the reasons known to Elizabeth II.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom