The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1081  
Old 10-16-2017, 02:14 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 242
Dare I say it also looks petty and like someone is settling scores, but I could be wrong.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #1082  
Old 10-16-2017, 02:17 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
I don't know about the settling scores thing...it's more about people dropping the ball I think.


LaRae
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #1083  
Old 10-16-2017, 02:17 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,835
The senior royals should received Spanish Orders during the State Visit. William, Catherine, and Camilla. For some odd reason, they were all skipped.

As I said before, when it comes to the British royals and orders, you’ll end up getting a massive headache trying to figure it all out.

I think the family knighthood system needs to be looked at in the next reign.

Look at Catherine; been a working senior royal for nearly 7 years and she’s yet to even receive the family order. I mean that’s sad and silly at the same time.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #1084  
Old 10-16-2017, 02:26 PM
Leopoldine's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
It is very odd that Camilla did not receive an order, as the wife of the heir. I would have wondered if the Spanish were trying a new way of giving orders ala Belgium or Sweden, but since they gave Harry an order, I just don't get it. I get why the British are stingy, it's just the way they are, but even Prince Lorenz has a Spanish order.

Somebody in Spain dropped the ball BIG TIME.

I think it is possible that when Charles becomes King, he may visit Spain and perhaps then Camilla will finally get a Spanish Order, but who knows what the future holds.
I think that there was some Buckingham Palace input on the Spanish orders. The detailed planning of such visits would be no surprise to our regular posters here.

I think that Harry, Anne and Andrew were given their specific parts to play in the visit with the knowledge that there would probably be orders given.
Reply With Quote
  #1085  
Old 10-16-2017, 02:29 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
......

Look at Catherine; been a working senior royal for nearly 7 years and she’s yet to even receive the family order. I mean that’s sad and silly at the same time.
Or she's rec'd them but isn't wearing them.


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #1086  
Old 10-16-2017, 02:38 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Or she's rec'd them but isn't wearing them.


LaRae
I don’t think Catherine would graciously accept the family order from The Queen and not wear it. Again, if the order being made with ivory is the issue, you’d think William and The Queen would change the portrait setting so Catherine can proudly wear her family order at State Banquets, Diplomatic Corps Reception and other events.

Clearly, someone in the family aren’t using their brains and leaving this child without the family order. This wouldn’t be the case in the Danish, Swedish, Spanish, Dutch, and Norwegian royal families.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #1087  
Old 10-16-2017, 02:40 PM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 4,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
I think that there was some Buckingham Palace input on the Spanish orders. The detailed planning of such visits would be no surprise to our regular posters here.

I think that Harry, Anne and Andrew were given their specific parts to play in the visit with the knowledge that there would probably be orders given.


That Spanish visit got moved around so much. It quite possibly that different people were initially scheduled to participate when it was scheduled for earlier in the year and then the election caused it to get pushed back. The Cambridges both had other events on the day after the State Dinner when the events with Andrew, Anne and Harry happened. It could have been different people if the initial 2017 dates stayed the same.
Reply With Quote
  #1088  
Old 10-16-2017, 03:01 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 6,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I don’t think Catherine would graciously accept the family order from The Queen and not wear it. Again, if the order being made with ivory is the issue, you’d think William and The Queen would change the portrait setting so Catherine can proudly wear her family order at State Banquets, Diplomatic Corps Reception and other events.

Clearly, someone in the family aren’t using their brains and leaving this child without the family order. This wouldn’t be the case in the Danish, Swedish, Spanish, Dutch, and Norwegian royal families.
The Norwegian RF also doesn't hand out their order to all 'married-in' family members... Ari Behn for example never received a Norwegian order. That is why he wore his Dutch order to the wedding of Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling.

The only order Iñaki had was based on his success in sports. I don't think Jaime Marichalar ever received an order.

The Dutch do hand out the family order (Laurentien has it) but Pieter only got the (higher) Order of the Dutch Lion on his 65th birthday after decades of service to the queen(s).
Reply With Quote
  #1089  
Old 10-16-2017, 03:03 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 6,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
That Spanish visit got moved around so much. It quite possibly that different people were initially scheduled to participate when it was scheduled for earlier in the year and then the election caused it to get pushed back. The Cambridges both had other events on the day after the State Dinner when the events with Andrew, Anne and Harry happened. It could have been different people if the initial 2017 dates stayed the same.
However, the notion of awarding some people an order on the basis of an activity that might take an hour or so (and others, Camilla(!), not) instead of based on seniority is what is most awkward.
Reply With Quote
  #1090  
Old 10-16-2017, 03:07 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
The Norwegian RF also doesn't hand out their order to all 'married-in' family members... Ari Behn for example never received a Norwegian order. That is why he wore his Dutch order to the wedding of Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling.

The only order Iñaki had was based on his success in sports. I don't think Jaime Marichalar ever received an order.

The Dutch do hand out the family order (Laurentien has it) but Pieter only got the (higher) Order of the Dutch Lion on his 65th birthday after decades of service to the queen(s).
Catherine is the wife of the Duke of Cambridge, Second in line to the throne, been a working senior royal for nearly 7 years. She should’ve been had the family order by this time.

It was a shock that Camilla, William and Catherine were passed up on then Spanish order, but perhaps they will get orders during another royal State Visit in the future.

Lord knows, the British royals don’t host incoming foreign royal State Visits often like they used to.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #1091  
Old 10-16-2017, 03:15 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,908
If it was announced beforehand that three British royals would be receiving orders, how many people had said Anne, Andrew and Harry?

Spain can do as it likes but to pass over three higher ranked royals looks odd.

Al least we knew only to expect the Garter for Felipe. There no surprises there.
Reply With Quote
  #1092  
Old 10-16-2017, 03:37 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 242
I always kinda cringe when I see the BRF around other royals, because it is so awkward. All the other European royals seem so close, but the BRF just don't. Not sure why.

I find it odd Catherine doesn't have an order and I wonder why. I have my theories, but I won't share.

I wonder if Harry will get an order from Denmark when he visits. What order could he get?
Reply With Quote
  #1093  
Old 10-16-2017, 03:44 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 10,782
I kind of agree. But only when they are in a group together. In one-on-one situations they seem quite okay and even friendly and relaxed.

At least the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh and the POW do. The others not so much.

Charles has very elegant, gracious manners when greeting foreign Royals. I love to watch him with female Royalty in particular!
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Reply With Quote
  #1094  
Old 10-16-2017, 03:50 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 242
It's the younger generation of the BRF who lack manners when with other royalty. Does Charles have Spanish Orders? Did Diana?
Reply With Quote
  #1095  
Old 10-16-2017, 03:54 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,908
Charles has an order from almost every country including Spain. Diana had one order and it was from Queen Beatrix
Reply With Quote
  #1096  
Old 10-16-2017, 03:56 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 10,782
Wow..I was somehow under the impression that the late PoW had been loaded with Orders!?

I got it wrong.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Reply With Quote
  #1097  
Old 10-16-2017, 03:57 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 242
Diana never had a BRF family order? I could have sworn she got one after William was born.
Reply With Quote
  #1098  
Old 10-16-2017, 03:57 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Charles has an order from almost every country including Spain. Diana had one order and it was from Queen Beatrix
Diana had two foreign orders Dutch and Egyptian.


Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
Diana never had a BRF family order? I could have sworn she got one after William was born.
Yes, Diana had the family order. She just never received any other order from the Queen.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #1099  
Old 10-16-2017, 04:00 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 10,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
Diana never had a BRF family order? I could have sworn she got one after William was born.
You are correct, she received an Order from HM shortly after the birth of Prince William.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Reply With Quote
  #1100  
Old 10-16-2017, 04:03 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 242
I thought only countries with monarchies gave out orders. What was Diana's Egyptian order for?
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
orders and decorations, protocol, royal family order


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
america archie mountbatten-windsor asia asian birth britain britannia british royal family camilla camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles carolin china china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing chinese clarence house colorblindness commonwealth countries coronation crown jewels customs daisy doge of venice duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex edward vii elizabeth ii family life family tree fashion and style gemstones george vi gradenigo hello! henry viii highgrove hochberg house of windsor hypothetical monarchs japan japanese imperial family jewellery kensington palace king edward vii książ castle liechtenstein lili mountbatten-windsor line of succession list of rulers medical meghan markle monarchist movements monarchists mongolia nara period pless politics portugal prince harry queen elizabeth ii royal ancestry solomon j solomon spanish royal family suthida thai royal family tradition united states united states of america wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:23 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×