The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh Host Reception for Team GB: October 23, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemisia

Heir Presumptive, Royal Blogger
City
Yerevan
Country
Armenia
Buckingham Palace has announced that The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will give a reception for the 2012 Great Britain Olympic Team on 23 October 2012. Further details will be announced in due course.

I wasn't sure where to put this thread - here, in Queen & Prince Philip forum, or in the Olympics forum. I put it here because it is extremely likely other members of the Royal Family will be in attendance as well, and I'm not sure the Olympic Forum will be open by the end of October. However, if mods would like to move this thread, feel free to do that.

OH for clarification purposes the official list for today's engagement
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter @liltinglimes HM, Philip, Charles, Camilla, Kate, Anne, Edward will be among the royals hosting the Buckingham Palace London 2012 reception.

Also it will be an evening reception
A busy, glittering night ahead for the royals: a big turnout to honour Team GB Olympic and Paralympic medal winners
and a Bond premiere.

I believe it's in the early evening, probably around 7pm our time.

Charles and Camilla have pulled out of the reception for Team GB as they were delayed in flying down from Durham in the north-east of England due to fog. They will still be at the Bond premiere, however.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
Kate's in an Alice Temperley dress tonight.

Pippa & Kate Style@KatePippaStyle
One WKW member thinks Kate's TEmperley dress is black and lacey with sleeves

2.14955601.jpg

Thanks for the updates. Catherine looks beautiful as usual.

I just love Catherine's smile. Great photo of her chatting with the hockey team.

Was the DoE there as well?
He was co-hosting the event along with the Queen, so I assume he's somewhere there, just no pictures yet.
Similarly, there are no pictures (as of now) of Prince Edward who was also supposed to be there.

Charles and Camilla were to attend but had to change their plans because their plane arrived later then scheduled (because of fog).

Princess Eugenie was present too.
You can see her (sort of) in the background of this picture.

Thank you to everyone who shared photos. I wish there were more of HM though.

Last edited:
Did Zara attend? and was she torn between being a hostess and guest?

Thank you to everyone who shared photos. I wish there were more of HM though.
Check the gallery from Getty; there are now plenty of pictures of Her Majesty. :)
And another gallery from Zimbio.

Did Zara attend? and was she torn between being a hostess and guest?
I don't think she did; there would have been pictures of her by now.

Last edited:
Apparently Beatrice and Sophie were there too, though not seen either of them.

Apparently Beatrice and Sophie were there too, though not seen either of them.
I thought I saw a glimpse of Beatrice somewhere, but not Sophie.
Hopefully, there'll be more pictures soon.

Hopefully, we'll get a glimpse of Beatrice and Sophie as well. :)
One of the ladies in the pictures looked like Princess Alexandra too (hair, clothing style, profile-wise).

I dont like the Duchess of Cambridge's dress....too 60's for my liking:nonono::nonono::nonono: in my mind it would be something an old woman would wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom