The Monarchy under Charles

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Charles and Camilla were getting divorced and they were negotiating a 2 billion (yes billion) pound settlement for Camilla (according to either NI or WD down here anyway).

That was when she was drinking. Now that she's sobered up she's pals with the Queen!

According to an article I came across a few days ago, A deeply worried Kate has been at the Queen's side day/night since she got sick and helped her with all sorts of things.

I also read an article-headline that said the Queen had given the throne to William as a Christmas gift.

Last edited:
I have the utter inside scoop which a courtier close to the throne has told me that its looking good for Lupo to become the next Prime Minister.

Nothing like a good bout of levity but we are seriously getting off topic. I was told that in confidence by the upcoming new press secretary, Marvin the Royal Hamster. It just hasn't broken on Twitter yet. :D

It was brought up in a discussion about length of reign comparison be Victoria/Bertie/George and Elizabeth/Charles/William. A poster stated since William is a smoker and a drinker thus must be less healthy than his father. That started the questioning about William smoking since unlike Harry it isn't a proven thing.

All I think is that it is quite morbid to try and compare reign and making guesses about the length of the future reigns based on lifestyles...:ohmy:

Thank you, Royal Norway.

I actually read an article while in a check-out line today. Turns out the Queen is dying and told Will and Kate (who both reacted with tears of joy) over the holidays that she plans to abdicate hand the reigns over to them, because she wants to see William's coronation before she dies.

Best part! She has help in this. In order to convince Charles that he doesn't want the throne himself, she's turned to Camilla who's become disillusioned with the idea of becoming the King's wife. The pair of them have talked Charles into stepping aside.

It has to be true, because it was all told to the writer of the article by an unnamed source close to the couple, who is heavily quoted.

Yep, that's the one I saw in the supermarket checkout line today also.

Thank you, Royal Norway.

I actually read an article while in a check-out line today. Turns out the Queen is dying and told Will and Kate (who both reacted with tears of joy) over the holidays that she plans to abdicate hand the reigns over to them, because she wants to see William's coronation before she dies.

Best part! She has help in this. In order to convince Charles that he doesn't want the throne himself, she's turned to Camilla who's become disillusioned with the idea of becoming the King's wife. The pair of them have talked Charles into stepping aside.

It has to be true, because it was all told to the writer of the article by an unnamed source close to the couple, who is heavily quoted.
:lol: THANK YOU for reading this and sharing the contents. I'd miscalculated how long I'd have in line and missed the opportunity to read it. I'm reacting with tears of joy myself knowing that William and Kate were crying as well when they received the news.:D

Thank you, Royal Norway.

But...but...how does Camilla have any influence with Charles at all when she is a raging, violent alcoholic who beats and belittles him at every opportunity? And she loathes Kate!:lol:

She is also blackmailing him for a larger divorce settlement. She's got one foot out the door in fact.

Yep, anyone who wants to be in the know should get all their information from that particular checkout tabloid.;)

Last edited:
I apologize to the mods for the off topic detour that I've started... but I'm so glad we went on it. The tabloid headers are just... so wonderful.

It does give us a glimpse into what the royal family has to put up with too. I can imagine during Charles' reign, they're going to have even more ammunition to work with and most likely are already staying up nights dreaming up headlines. What we see now may just be the tip of the iceberg.

Makes me also realize that with the position of monarch comes the need to have a thick skin and let the garbage roll off your shoulder or even forget about glancing at the drivel they write. Charles is reputed to be far more sensitive to criticism than his mother is and also has a quick temper. It has been reported in several places I've read though that Charles feels reading a lot of newspapers and publications a waste of time. That just may be a redeeming factor.

Unless he abdicates of course.

Which is a word not even used by the Windsor RF, and something we can solidly exclude as an option for the current members of the Royal Family, for historical reasons.

I was happy to see the new PM of New Zealand make so very clear in a recent interview, that the monarchy in New Zealand was not tied to H.M the Queen, as many naysayers seem to think, and that most people in NZ would want the current system to continue.
What Bill English learned from lost flag vote - National - NZ Herald News

That's very good news for the future of the monarchy in NZ, where the only real threat to the monarchy in the past has come from over-eager politicians seeking to create yet another office for themselves, and not from public demand at all.

I thought this was a proper article, but it was Ephraim Hardcastle:
Prince Charles is preparing for a new style of monarchy by seemingly tilting at President Trump with remarks about climate change

Prince Charles is seen to be courting danger by seemingly tilting at President Trump with remarks about climate change and warnings over ‘forgetting the lessons of the past’ – a veiled reference to 1930s fascism.

‘Charles is determined to push the boundaries to prepare for a new style of monarchy,’ says a source.

‘And he believes he’ll merely be returning to an old style of monarchy. Queen Victoria expressed an opinion on virtually everything, publicly and privately.’

Ephraim says 3 things in this article, and I answer them:

1. Prince Charles is preparing for a new style of monarchy by seemingly tilting at President Trump with remarks about climate change?

Answer: He has talked about climate change for several years, and is not preparing for a new style of monarchy.

2. ‘Charles is determined to push the boundaries to prepare for a new style of monarchy,’ says a source.

Answer: You and your fake sources do nothing but lie.

3. ‘And he believes he’ll merely be returning to an old style of monarchy. Queen Victoria expressed an opinion on virtually everything, publicly and privately.’

Answer: If Charles does this, then he is stupid, and he's not.

I think for better or worse, when he steps in to take the throne he needs to learn how to shut his mouth. Monarchs are legally required publicly to express no opinion, to be politically neutral, to not favor one or the other. What they say in private is their own business.

I do not think Camilla cares either way about becoming Queen. Legally whether anyone likes it or not, she will be queen.

She married the man she loves and they seem content and happy 12 years later.

I think that there is not better summary of the above post that shares my own opinion on the matter XD.

Posts involving discussion of President Trump and the upcoming state visit have been deleted.

I think for better or worse, when he steps in to take the throne he needs to learn how to shut his mouth. Monarchs are legally required publicly to express no opinion, to be politically neutral, to not favor one or the other. What they say in private is their own business.
He will need to learn to keep his mouth shut and his pen in the drawer. Remember last year when he compared Putin to Hitler? Or this year when he refused to meet China's Premier? These are not actions that he can contemplate if he is the Monarch.

He will need to learn to keep his mouth shut and his pen in the drawer. Remember last year when he compared Putin to Hitler? Or this year when he refused to meet China's Premier? These are not actions that he can contemplate if he is the Monarch.

Alternative facts? Prince Charles did not refuse to meet the Chinese premier. He and Camilla officially welcomed the Premier to London before the ceremonial welcome by the Queen. He and Camilla also welcomed the Premier and his wife to Clarence House where they had tea. There are photos on Getty.

Prince Charles is free to do what he pleases. However, he must remember an old Arab saying about the secret of power, " A sultan rules no one. Thousand eyes verify and direct his every step. If a sultan does anything against wishes of people [i.e., courtiers and government], he will be stopped and advised to change his wishes. If he persists, he will be removed from a throne for peace and quiet of the nation".

Last edited:

"Learn to keep his mouth shut" - although you prob didnt mean to sound rude, that could perhaps have been better phrased.

the British people supported his view re Putin

He met with the Chinese President twice.

He knows better than anyone what is required to be Monarch.

"Learn to keep his mouth shut" - although you prob didnt mean to sound rude, that could perhaps have been better phrased.

the British people supported his view re Putin ....
The same British people supported/support many unacceptable things the British Crown represented by the British government perpetrates all over the world.

The same British people supported/support many unacceptable things the British Crown represented by the British government perpetrates all over the world.

I was clarifying a situation

the British people supported his view re Putin

He met with the Chinese President twice.

He knows better than anyone what is required to be Monarch.

So, just asking here, you think it would have been just accepted as ok if QE had compared Putin to Hitler, and there would not have been a massive kerfuffle? While I personally think quite a bit of Putin's actions have been reprehensible , I highly doubt that the Queen would have made remarks like that. He will not be able to continue making remarks like this should he become sovereign.

I am curious as to why you think it was rude to say that he cant keep on doing these kinds of things i.e. keep his mouth shut on these subjects. And I believe that the Queen, who has been an exemplary sovereign for 60+ years, 'knows better than anyone what is required to be monarch'. She NEVER makes statements like this.

Last edited:
I tremble for the Monarchy's future, says STEPHEN GLOVER*

http://dailym.ai/2kbkVBE
I tend to agree with a lot of this
I should explain I agree with Charles views but I don't agree with him voicing them that's not part of the job.

Last edited:
I think for better or worse, when he steps in to take the throne he needs to learn how to shut his mouth. Monarchs are legally required publicly to express no opinion, to be politically neutral, to not favor one or the other. [....].

Which legislation says so, if I may ask? By my knowledge there is no Constitution in the United Kingdom. Without any doubt the King will, like all his colleagues, try to remain above parties -in public- (it is known that the Queen has an opinion on Brexit or Scottish independence) but you state "legally required". Which legislation?

I tremble for the Monarchy's future, says STEPHEN GLOVER* | Daily Mail Online
I should explain I agree with Charles views but I don't agree with him voicing them that's not part of the job.

But he is not the monarch. He has no any role in the legislative or executive processes of Government and yes, he takes the opportunity to speak out. Like Diana did. Like Harry does. Their high profiles help them to influence causes to their heart. The Prince of Wales is no exception in that.

Last edited by a moderator:
But he is not the monarch. He has no any role in the legislative or executive processes of Government and yes, he takes the opportunity to speak out. Like Diana did. Like Harry does. Their high profiles help them to influence causes to their heart. The Prince of Wales is no exception in that.

But he will be and things he has said will be dug up again

I tremble for the Monarchy's future, says STEPHEN GLOVER  | Daily Mail Online

Over the years The Queen has also voiced her opinions and dipped her toes into political issues. It's just a rare thing though.

Of course Charles won't get too political, but he will voice some opinions. He's not going to totally shut his mouth when he's king. That's not how he will operate and people get used to it with time. Right now, people are having time seeing a light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to the end of the Elizabethan Age.

I tremble for the Monarchy's future, says STEPHEN GLOVER* | Daily Mail Online
From this article:
At the eleventh hour, the Prince of Wales could still follow the noble example of his mother, and unite rather than divide the country. But I fear that he has no intention of doing so — which is why I really do tremble for the future of our great monarchy.
And that's exactly what he's going to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom