The Lascelles Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

destiny

Commoner
City
nassau
Country
United States
HarewoodArms.jpg

Harewood Arms

I would like to know if there are pictures or information on the marriages or weddings of the Hon Martin David Lascelles and his brother the Hon James Lascelles.i read that both brothers are married to black women.one from nigeria and the other a jamaican in 1999. they are descent cousins of the queen.

does anyone know about this?:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
the hon lascelles brothers

as far as i am aware they are aristocrats ,(Viscountess) if I am not mistaken.

And also cousins of the queen. there grand mother was the late princess mary, princess royal.

Are you sure they're brothers? I thought James was the son of George Lascelles and Martin was the son of George's younger brother Gerald.

I don't know anything about their weddings, but I thought they were cousins, not brothers.

according to my source,

James was Married to Joy Elias-Rilwan(his 3rd wife), 1999.1.30, Anguilla, West Indies.
Joy Momuday Olaribigbe Elias-Rilwin. Born 1954.6.15.
Lagos, NigeriaNigerian actress using the artist's name of "Joy Lemoine"

Martin David Lascelles, married Charmaine Christine Eccleston 1999. don't know about her nationality

Last edited:
Martin Lascelles

florawindsor said:
Martin David Lascelles, married Charmaine Christine Eccleston 1999. don't know about her nationality

Martin Lascelles married Charmaine Eccleston in Kingston, Jamaica. She was born in Kingston in 1962, and they have a son, Alexandre, born in London in 2002.
source: Queen Victoria's Descendents, Companion Volume, Marlene Eilers, 2004.

The fact that a woman was born in Jamaica doesn't make her a black woman. Jamaica has white and black natives. So, unless there's proof she's black, then we can't assume.

Does it really matter if the lady is black or white as long as they are happy. I wish adults were like children when they play with their friends it doesn't matter what color they are I hope we are above the color issue everyone bleeds the same color blood red. Don't mean to sound rude but this is 2005 color should not be an issue.

No one ever said it was a big deal, but these are the first members of the extended Windsor family to possibly marry a different race, so it's natural some comment would be made. I've never read any negative commentary on the possible ethnicities of the two brides, so don't assume the statement about these women being black means its a big deal. The Lascelles themselves are hugely ignored in the press, and their various marriages, divorces, and children born before marriages are also ignored, except in genealogy books.

I wonder are there any pics of the lascelles

tonight on bbc 2 they are starting a new serie called "the slavery business" a drama based on the life of british slave trader Henry Lascelles, one of the richest businessmen of the 18th century and according to the bbc website his descendants are now cousins of the queen.

Well, let's have a link to the website, then. Don't leave us in suspense here!

I didn't know the UK had slavery. that was some neat infomation. I wouldn't want to be one of the families in the film...They must keep really good records of everything in the UK to know what has happened to the families involved...

destiny said:
I would like to know if there are pictures or information on the marriages or weddings of the Hon Martin David Lascelles and his brother the Hon James Lascelles.i read that both brothers are married to black women.one from nigeria and the other a jamaican in 1999. they are descent cousins of the queen.

does anyone know about this?:confused:

do they descend from Mary, the Princess Royal, daughter of George V?

Yes; I think they're grandsons of hers.

Martin David Lascelles and Family

Hello all,

This is my first posting and I look forward to conversing more on the board. My question pertains to Martin David Lascelles and his second wife Charmaine Christine Eccleston. Does anyone know her birthdate? I also wonder when they were married, and if they have any children. I am doing a genealogy of the royal family and these dates and information would be helpful.

Best Regards,

Cameron Bryant

Welcome! :flowers:

Charmaine was born 24th Dec 1962 and they married 23rd April 1999, their son is Alexandre, born 20th Sept 2002

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much! :) That's very helpful. I look forward to future discussions. Hope I can help others too!

Cameron

Elspeth said:
Are you sure they're brothers? I thought James was the son of George Lascelles and Martin was the son of George's younger brother Gerald.

I don't know anything about their weddings, but I thought they were cousins, not brothers.

You are right. :flowers: They are cousins

Martin is the illegitimate son of Elizabeth Collingwood and Gerald Lascelles (son of Henry George Charles Lascelles and Mary Windsor). Because he is illegitimate he is not entitled to be the Hon. Martin David Lascelles. He was born Martin Colvin, his name was legally changed to Lascelles in 1978

James is the 2nd son of George Lacelles, 7th Earl of Harewood (son of Henry George Charles Lascelles (Viscount) and the Princess Royal, Mary Windsor) and his mother is Countess Marion Donata Stein. Because he is legitimate he is the Hon James Edward Lascelles.

Last edited:
Death of Angela Lascelles

Angela Lascelles, the first wife of the Hon Gerald Lascelles, 2nd son of Mary, Princess Royal, died on February 28 at the age of 87.

The London Telegraph obituary

" The wedding in July 1952 led to comment: "... the fact that the Queen had excused herself at the last moment, blaming a cold, was construed as "a royal snub" by Time magazine, which pointed out that "cousin Gerry [was] never a royal favourite".

Three years after their marriage the Lascelles moved to Fort Belvedere, once home to the Prince of Wales prior to the Abdication.

After her marriage ended in 1978 Angela continued to live in Windsor Great Park and remained on good terms with the Royal Family.

She is survivrd by her son Henry, who is now 51st in line of succession to the throne. "

Last edited:
Tanit Lascelles
She was born on 1 July 1981, daughter of the Hon. James Lascelles and his second of three wives, Lori Susan Lee. Tanit was born on the isle of Ibiza, Spain. Her mother is from Albuquerque, New Mexico. Tanit's brother Tewa was born on 8 June 1985, in Edgewood, NM. Tanit lives in Los Angeles, and I think she works for EMI. But she is close apparently to her siblings (whom she visits in England at holidays) whose mother is Fredericka Ann Duhrrson: Sophie (a dancer, in London) and Rowan.

The Sun News Online | Woman of the Sun | The Hon. Mrs. Joy Lascelles --> an article about the current/third wife of The Hon. James Lascelles, Lagos-born Joy Elias-Rilwan

The Hon. James Lascelles seems to have a very nice relationship with all four of his children, and they in turn seem to be very close to their grandmother, Marion Stein, who divorced The Earl of Harewood in 1967 (and secondly married to Jeremy Thorpe, a Liberal MP). Marion Stein has a stepson, Rupert Thorpe, who is a friend to her grandchildren.

The Hon. Robert Jeremy Lascelles married Julie Bayliss and has the following children:
*Ellen (works for the Warner Music Group in London)
*Amy
*Tom
The other cousins of Tanit, Tewa, Sophie, and Rowan are the children of Viscount Lascelles, future Earl of Harewood....
*Emily
*Benjamin (Ben)
*The Hon. Alexander
*The Hon. Edward (Eddy)

Last edited:
I didn't know the UK had slavery. that was some neat infomation. I wouldn't want to be one of the families in the film...They must keep really good records of everything in the UK to know what has happened to the families involved...

Yep, there was English slavery (as there was in many countries). England became one of the first (or perhaps even thee first?) to abolish slavery, beginnng with an act passed 200 hundred years ago this year. If you are interested there is a recent film, called 'Amazing Grace', which recounts, the
parliamentary efforts by Wilberforce, and his ilk, to have it abolished.

Harewood Estate

* Owned by the Harewood House Trust of the Viscount and Viscountess Lascelles
* Set on 4,000 acres in West Yorkshire
* Not to be confused with the Duchy of Cornwall's Harewood Park Estate in Herefordshire (where it was once speculated Prince William would set up his 'starter home')
* The Harewood Estate of the Lascelles family has a 'Harewood Castle' and 'Harewood House' --> The Castle, on the far north end of the estate, is from the 12th Century and is presently dilapidated, "structurally unsafe" and cannot be visited by the public. But 'Harewood House', the main attraction, is an 18th Century Grade 1-listed treasure.
* The Estate is a natural haven for extinct and rare birds: Red Kites, Ostriches, Parrots, Flamingos, Owls, even Penguins

References
1) Harewood Estate (official website)
2) BBC - Hands on Nature - Harewood Estate
3) Harewood House - Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia

^ I know, really! I had the same thought.

I wonder if The Earl of Harewood, or if Lord and Lady Lascelles, actually live at Harewood. The official website declares it is still "home to The Earl" but the House Trust and Estate are chaired by Lord and Lady Lascelles.

The Independent published a very good article about Harewood in 2000. The writer, Kenneth Powell, spoke to Diane, Lady Lascelles, about the work she and her husband have done with the estate.

Kenneth Powell "Architecture: A radical vision of the country"
Independent, The (London)
May 15, 2000
FindArticles.com
Retrieved on 19 Dec. 2007 for The Royal Forums :D
Architecture: A radical vision of the country | Independent, The (London) | Find Articles at BNET.com

"Elizabeth Collingwood"?

I recently went on the "britroyals.com" royal family tree site and I came across the name "Elizabeth Collingwood" born in 1981. Who was elizabeth collingwood?

I recently went on the "britroyals.com" royal family tree site and I came across the name "Elizabeth Collingwood" born in 1981. Who was elizabeth collingwood?
Elizabeth Evelyn Collingwood (1924-2006) was the second wife of The Hon. Gerald Lascelles, son of Henry Lascelles, Earl of Harewood, and his wife, nèe Mary, the Princess Royal. They had a son, Martin, born in 1962 out of wedlock.

Back
Top Bottom