The Lascelles Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are we likely to see the Lascelles family present at the funeral on Monday? Surely Charles must be in contact with some of them.

But normal. My mother's family was quite close and I grew up with my cousins - the children of her siblings. However, I barely knew the children of my mom's cousins, and have no idea what any of them are doing now. Because I moved half the US away after I married, I don't know my cousins' kids and grandkids AT ALL - not even most of their names - and if it wasn't for Facebook I'd know even less.

The Lascelles family were private citizens despite their descent from Princess Mary, and they are even more "private" now. What is more unusual is the fact the Gloucesters and Kents ARE still relatively close to the core Royal Family; most likely because The Queen's cousins are still in the "family business." Once that link is no longer there those families will probably slowly drift away too.
Yes, it's vital to make efforts to spend time with family. Unfortunately, it happens all too often that a matriarch of the family passes then the family unit seemingly dissolves.

Are we likely to see the Lascelles family present at the funeral on Monday? Surely Charles must be in contact with some of them.
Maybe the Lascelles will go. But I’m not so sure. I don’t think Charles is in contact with any of them.

Yes, it's vital to make efforts to spend time with family. Unfortunately, it happens all too often that a matriarch of the family passes then the family unit seemingly dissolves.
I don’t think it has to do with that, but more about the degrees of separation in terms of how closely related they are as well as distance.

Maybe the Lascelles will go. But I’m not so sure. I don’t think Charles is in contact with any of them.

Sad in fact, George (future Earl of Harewood) and Gerald were closent in age with his mother and they probably played together in childjood.

Sad in fact, George (future Earl of Harewood) and Gerald were closent in age with his mother and they probably played together in childjood.
I don’t think so, as families become larger, the more distant in terms of relation they become. Plus the Lascelles are mostly private and quiet, aside from the few blacksheeps.

But King's second cousin, the current Earl of Harewood, is just two years younger than him, so closest in age.

And who is a "blacksheep"? Both late Queen's cousins have been dead for long time ago, what are their sons, grandchildren and great-grandchildren, guilty of?

With Richard, Duke of Gloucester and Kent siblings there is much closer relationship, because of what? Because they are closer to the throne in the line of succession and have Dukely/Princely titles?

But King's second cousin, the current Earl of Harewood, is just two years younger than him, so closest in age.

And who is a "blacksheep"? Both late Queen's cousins have been dead for long time ago, what are their sons, grandchildren and great-grandchildren, guilty of?

With Richard, Duke of Gloucester and Kent siblings there is much closer relationship, because of what? Because they are closer to the throne in the line of succession and have Dukely/Princely titles?
I’m not referring to age, I’m referring to how closely related they are and also the Lascelles live in Yorkshire, Leeds. A good example is Rowan Lascelles who has serious issues with drugs, lacking respect for people of other races (you type his name, Marlene Koenig has something written). I didn’t mention the Kent’s and Gloucester’s are closer because of their princely titles, but simply because they live closer to the BRF and work with the BRF whereas the Lascelles are female-line descendants of a forgotten Princess and don’t live near the BRF.

The real reason why Princess Mary didn’t attend the Queen’s coronation was because she was unwell.

Same-sex marriage in the Lascelles family!

Ellen Mary Lascelles (born 17 December 1984) [daughter of Jeremy Lascelles (b.1955) {himself son of George Lascelles, 7th Earl of Harewood, paternal cousin of QEII (1923-2011) & his first wife Marion Stein (1926-2014)} & his first wife Julie, nee Bayliss (b.1957)] has just announced on her Instagram account (which is private) her engagement to her partner, who is named Chan, Peerage News site reports.

Ellen has a son Jack Marley (21-3-2016) and a daughter Penny Moon (1-1-2018) with her former partner Michael G. Hermans.

Source: https://peeragenews.blogspot.com/202...endant-to.html

Another grandchild for the Earl of Harewood!

Alexander Edgar "Orly" Lascelles, Viscount Lascelles (born 13 May 1980) [second son and third child of David Henry George Lascelles, 8th Earl of Harewood (b.1950) {himself oldest of three sons together of George Henry Hubert Lascelles, 7th Earl of Harewood (1923–2011) [first cousin of QEII] & his first wife Marion Stein (1926-2014)} & his first wife Margaret Messenger (b.1948)] & his wife Annika Elizabeth, nee Reed (b.September 1984) [daughter of William J. Reed & Rosalind S. Driver] had their second child together (his third), Kit Moon William, at Bath on 4 June.

A brother for Ivy (b.October 2018) and a half-brother for Leo Cyrus Anthony (22-3-2008) - son of Alexander & his former girlfriend Laleh Yeganegy (b.1980).

Sources: https://peeragenews.blogspot.com/2023/06/hon-kit-moon-william-lascelles-son-for.html
Descendants of King Christian IX of Denmark

Another grandchild for Jeremy Lascelles!

Amy Rose Lascelles (b.26 June 1986)
[youngest of three children together of Honourable Jeremy Lascelles (b.1955) {himself youngest of three sons together of Sir George Lascelles, Earl of Harewood (1923-2011, first cousin of QEII) & his first wife Maria Donata (Marion) Stein (1926-2014)} & his first wife Julie Baylis (b.1957)] & her partner Matthew Michael Bolton (b.1990) [son of Kevin Bolton & his wife Patricia, nee Best] had their second child, Bailey Blue, around 23 October.

A sister for Marlow Fox (20-7-2020).

Source: https://peeragenews.blogspot.com/2023/10/latest-descendant-of-royal-house-of.html

Back
Top Bottom