The Honours thread 1: Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw Angela Lansbury and Penelope Keith on the BBC taking about their new 'Damehoods'.

Lynda Bellingham is on the list! Helen Herriot at the Palace!

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 2h
Sir Marcus Setchell, the doctor who helped delivered Prince George last July, is to be knighted at Buckingham Palace on Tuesday.

Apparent William is doing the investiture today so he gets to knight Sir Marcus which is neat.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1h
Prince William today knighted Sir Marcus Setchell, the royal doctor who delivered George, and spoke about his bouncing baby boy.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1h
William had an animated conversation at a Buckingham Palace investiture with Sir Marcus after knighting him with a ceremonial sword.

Last edited:
Australia to reintroduce Knights and Dames as the highest level of the Order of Australia.

The first to be so knighted will be the outgoing Governor-General - Quentin Bryce - to be Dame Quentin Bryce. Strange that she would accept such an honour - given that she is a confirmed republican and even made that comment while being the Queen's official representative in Australia.

Tony Abbott reintroduces knight and dame honours for Australians

The incoming GG will be the first new knight - so Sir Peter Cosgrove while Quentin Bryce will be the first Dame - Dame Quentin Bryce.

Others who will be eligible will be State Governors, chiefs of the defence forces and chief justices but not politicians.

Doubt that this will go down well in Australia.

Strange that she would accept such an honour - given that she is a confirmed republican and even made that comment while being the Queen's official representative in Australia.

If the actual changes to the statutes of the Order of Australia are made before Friday, it sounds like she'll become a dame automatically.

Peter Hunt @BBCPeterHunt · 19h
The Queen has made one of Camilla's aides, Amanda MacManus a Lieutenant of the Royal Victorian Order. (She can do this independently of gov)

Did Robert Hardy get a knighthood? I see Maggie Smith is getting something- yay!

I read tonight that Maggie Smith is going to be made a companion of honor.
Awesome! Just what is a companion of honor?
An award her Majesty gives out to her girlfriends? I jest.:lol:
Really disappointed Robert Hardy was not knighted. Guess I will have to write more letters.
It would be wonderful if he was made a KBE.
Could he also be made a companion of honor, or a knight of the Garter?
Which are the honors that her Majesty has control over, and which ones are the ones that the government awards?
Frankly, I am shocked that her Majesty hasn't given him a position in an honor she has control over.
They've met a few times, and she seems to like him.
Somebody better make up their mind soon. He's not going to live forever.

Here you go - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Companions_of_Honour

Robert Hardy could be awarded any number of honour government backed or not. When the honours come out twice a year, I believe they are a joint "venture" between Queen and government.

Robert Hardy won't ever be made a knight of the garter, there's no need.

Whether The Queen likes him or not makes no difference, all awards are dependent upon servitude of some kind to some service.

Has anyone considered the possibility that he has been offered a knighthood and turned it down? The recipients are notified some time in advance and are able to say 'no thanks'.

Here you go - Order of the Companions of Honour - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Robert Hardy could be awarded any number of honour government backed or not. When the honours come out twice a year, I believe they are a joint "venture" between Queen and government.

Robert Hardy won't ever be made a knight of the garter, there's no need.

Whether The Queen likes him or not makes no difference, all awards are dependent upon servitude of some kind to some service.

Thank you for the information. Wouldn't it be :lol: and :cool: if Maggie Smith showed up to collect her honor in her Lady Grantham costume, hat and all?:lol: I think Prince William should be the one to give it to her.
He and Kate are supposedly big Downton Abbey fans. They have good taste.

Last edited:
Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 33m 33 minutes ago
The Queen gave former NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg an honourary knighthood today (KBE).

Brilliant! Congrats Dame Maggie! You deserve it!
Or should I say m'lady!
Now if Robert Hardy could finally get a knighthood- if he accepts one...

Last edited:
Martin @CourtierUK · 14h
New Year’s Honours list still to come before the year’s out - due to be released on Tuesday.

Martin @CourtierUK · 14h
New Year’s Honours list still to come before the year’s out - due to be released on Tuesday.

Why Joan Collins? She is up there and still attractive but she does not have an award winning body of work? Does she do a lot of charity work?

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom