The Heads Together Campaign: Activities from April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
zwbvhf.jpg

The Heads Together Campaign
Spearheaded by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry to tackle mental health issues

Announced April 24, 2016

Official Website

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/724155309384720384
Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal 1h1 hour ago
Let's get our #HeadsTogether to change the conversation on mental health @Heads_Together

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge & Prince Harry will spearhead a new campaign to end stigma around mental health #HeadsTogether

The @Heads_Together campaign aims to change the national conversation on mental wellbeing as the 2017 @LondonMarathon Charity of the Year.

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/724154400600653824
Kensington Palace Retweeted Heads Together
Watch this #HeadsTogether video for more info

Kate, William and Harry support mental health charity campaign | Daily Mail Online

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry spearhead a new campaign called Heads Together in partnership with inspiring charities to end stigma around mental health. The campaign has the huge privilege of being the 2017 Virgin Money London Marathon Charity of the Year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV8nXSTkllo

Thank you Rudolph and Lumutuqueen for sharing this news. What time of the year does the marathon take place?

Thank you Rudolph and Lumutuqueen for sharing this news. What time of the year does the marathon take place?

The 2016 Marathon took place today. Next year it will mostly be Sunday 23rd. :flowers:

how fabulous - this is a great topic for them to get involved in. well done to WK and harry!

This is so great! I am very proud that they are putting their weights behind this very important topic. And them doing it as a trio from different sides etc is really clever!

It's wonderful to see William, Catherine and Harry getting involved with this campaign. I loved the video of them, they seemed very down to earth in it and the part where William and Harry take selfies with each other was fun. But, what matters the most of course is the important message they are spreading.

It's a great cause and one that still needs much attention. However, I do wonder why (young) women seem to be excluded from their main target groups.

It's a great cause and one that still needs much attention. However, I do wonder why (young) women seem to be excluded from their main target groups.
Not excluded (they are included a bit in Kate's child work as in teens and also in Williams cyber bullying). I think they have a big focus on generally starting a conversation on mental health and mental illness and that includes everyone. But then they all have focus areas that work with their other charities, interests and themes. So women, elderly etc. There are so many kinds of mental health issues. Trauma is one, Harry is doing work with a very specific group of people who have experienced trauma but they cannot cover it all. (And I say this as a young woman with mental health issues)

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
The Duke, The Duchess and Prince Harry will launch #HeadsTogether today.
Let's end the stigma on mental health!

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/732108021262913537

Heads Together ‏@heads_together
For live coverage of our launch event and to see the national conversation unfold see our conversation wall

https://www.headstogether.org.uk/the-conversation/

The Duchess of Cambridge pulled no punches when she tried her hand at Boxercise, as she helped launch a campaign to end the stigma around mental health.

Kate pulled on a pair of boxing gloves and was encouraged to punch hand pads being worn by former professional boxer Duke McKenzie.

However, the Duchess's punches are unlikely to have caused any damage - and she laughed at her own efforts.

She and the Duke of Cambridge were joining forces with Prince Harry to launch their biggest campaign to date as they set themselves the goal of ending the stigma around mental health.

The trio have used their Royal Foundation to set up Heads Together, an umbrella organisation bringing together eight of the country’s leading mental health charities.
Read more: Duchess of Cambridge pulls no punches as she dons boxing gloves at launch of Heads Together mental health campaign

It's troubling to know that an estimated 1/4 of the calls that EAAA handles involve suicides or attempted ones. As William points out that is only in one region of the UK. Very glad to see that the Royal Foundation has chosen to spotlight this issue.

Published on May 26, 2016

At the launch of the Heads Together campaign that they are spearheading, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry met with the leaders of the inspirational charities that they have brought together for the campaign to talk in detail about what they are all hoping to achieve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx30kAhPX7U

What do The Duke, The Duchess and Prince Harry and the leaders of the inspirational charity partners want Heads Together to achieve?

Read more: https://www.headstogether.org.uk/523-2/

Good for, William. Hope it's an on going thing.

Prince William has thrown his support behind a wellbeing initiative by hosting a coffee morning for fathers and sons affected by mental health.

The Duke of Cambridge met a dozen men in a secret get-together at a Caffe Nero near Kensington Palace.

It was part of a new campaign for charity Heads Together, aiming to encourage fathers and sons to talk more openly about mental health.

Paul Scates, who was there with his Dad, said: “It was a lovely opportunity and Prince William is incredibly passionate about tackling these issues.

"He understands mental health problems have gone under the radar because people are uncomfortable talking about it, so he’s keen to use his position to try to improve that.
Red more: Prince William shares a secret cuppa with dads who are battling mental health issues - Mirror Online

Last edited:
A Father's Day message from Prince William. ‘Sons and daughters need our help as much as their mothers’ says The Duke of Cambridge

TODAY I celebrate my third Father’s Day as a father.

For me it is a day not just to celebrate how fortunate I am for my young family, but to reflect on just how much I’ve learned about fatherhood and the issues facing fathers in all walks of life.

In particular, it is a time to reflect on my responsibility to look after not just the physical health of my two children, but to treat their mental needs as just as important a priority.

Along with Catherine and Harry I have been spending a lot of time working on issues around mental health.

What we have seen time and time again is that so many of the issues that adolescents and adults are dealing with can be linked to unresolved childhood challenges – addicts that were not getting treatment for a serious psychological condition that started in their teens; men who committed suicide who had been depressed since they were in primary school; homeless teenagers who could not confront significant emotional challenges.

While the circumstances of any one situation are unique, it is clear that many families could have been helped if they had found it easier to talk openly about mental health challenges in the home.
Read more: Prince William, Harry and Duchess of Cambridge campaigning for mental health causes | Royal | News | Daily Express

The Duke of Cambridge joins a Heads Together Father’s Day breakfast with dads, mentors and the children they support. We’re inviting people celebrating Father’s Day to #celebratewithconversation by taking the Heads Together Father’s Day Challenge as seen in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAbIKG1FwGs

Very very nice!! He's really putting his face behind some great causes recently!

There has been discussion recently about what would possibly be done to mark the 20th anniversary of Diana's death and now that this has been announced, I think its a wonderful initiative that will not only focus on Heads Together and the remarkable work they're doing with that but also show very publicly that Diana's humanitarian legacy continues.

Diana did so much in her short life to raise awareness and even more importantly acceptance of stigmas such as AIDS, never mind that misery of war torn countries, I hope and am sure they will do her proud.

The concert in recognition of her 10th anniversary, while a nice gesture, fell, in my opion, short of the mark. There are more photographs out there of William looking back at a grinning ex than anything ele.

They are older and more established now, so looking forward to what's to come!

:previous:Wasn't the ex Kate? Although she wasn't really an ex by the time the Diana concert was televised. She and William were back together, but she and her parents were still seated several rows back. I know Chelsy was there next to Harry waving her arms about. How long ago that all seems now.

It was Kate. She was with her brother James couple rows back. They had split a couple of months earlier but we were secretly back together by the point of the concert.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom