The Heads Together Campaign: Activities from April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glad to see this being launched in the coming days.

“Today we launch Heads Up starting the biggest ever conversation on mental health.”

“At the #CommunityShield, iChoir from Liverpool and Bee Vocal from Manchester – sang the @lfc and @ManCity anthems ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’ and ‘Blue Moon’.”

#HeadsUp | @FA | @Heads_Together

* Video *

Via Kensington Palace Twitter

Last edited:
It's a brilliant initiative & just what's needed to normalise the conversation around mental health, which many people (especially men) are reluctant to discuss.

Thanks for posting the link to the video.

It's a fantastic initiative. Mental health issues can affect anyone at any time, and the more we destigmatize it and make it possible for people to access help, the better for all of us.

Last edited:
I think so too. Too many times, even if one realizes that they have mental health issues, it feels so unique to them that they cannot fathom that others also can and do go through the same thing. The more there is conversation, the more its going to be to realize that we're never alone when we have issues and there is always someone, somewhere ready, willing and able to be there for support, help us to understand and work to resolve issues and just be there for us.

I'm hoping the day will come when *any* mental health issue, no matter how big or how small, will be realized to be as important to deal with as any physical ailment our bodies may be affected with. Its becoming more and more evident that a healthy body and a healthy mental state work in tandem to let us live life at its best.

BBC ONE has commissioned a landmark film focusing on men’s mental health through the prism of football, with access to the Duke of Cambridge over the course of a year.

'A Royal Road to Wembley: Tackling Mental Health' will cover the 2019/20 FA Cup season as the Duke of Cambridge works in partnership with the FA @FootballAssoc to launch an ambitious new plan to raise awareness of male mental fitness.

As well as following the Duke’s work, the film will tell the stories of men from across the country who have been affected by or are currently experiencing mental health issues.

Heads Up

Via Majesty Magazine Twitter

1 year ago, The Duke of Cambridge launched #MentalHealthatWork with our partner @MindCharity.

The site is now packed with 270 tools and resources to help you talk mental health in your workplace & has been visited by over 167,000 people. Get started > Mental Health at Work

Via Heads Together Twitter

:previous: As a Mind volunteer it makes me happy that the Cambridges are working on such an important cause, especially with Britain's rather introverted society. We need figures like the Cambridges to highlight the issues that have been raised through the campaign!

Last edited:
Meghan's voice is so lovely!

This sounds like a good initiative.

My mother was part of the team who put together the campaign and she said that the Sussexes and Cambridges were very easy to work with and very down to earth and normal - Harry even started chatting to members of the production and organisation team casually during their breaks. It’s great to see their video messages finally up on screen! I know my mother will be glad the campaign is over, though, since she can actually have some rest, haha! It’s great that the four are doing this campaign though.

My mother was part of the team who put together the campaign and she said that the Sussexes and Cambridges were very easy to work with and very down to earth and normal - Harry even started chatting to members of the production and organisation team casually during their breaks. It’s great to see their video messages finally up on screen! I know my mother will be glad the campaign is over, though, since she can actually have some rest, haha! It’s great that the four are doing this campaign though.

Aww that is a lovely bit of insight! Thank you for sharing., :flowers: Harry chatting to folks sounds about right lol.

And kudos to your mother for her work!

So this is the thing we saw the Cambridges working with Richard Curtis. He recorded all four individually yet only William and Kate were put in the CC. I wonder why? Great video. The work with Heads Together is so crucial and nice to see despite the separate foundations that the four of them will still come together for this.

Your mom must have a very good feeling inside right about now knowing that she was part and parcel that made this whole campaign come together. She's as much as to be lauded for the success as the Sussexes and Cambridges are and her work will be reflected as the campaign grows and makes a difference. This is one thing that I do believe the younger royals are also trying to focus on. That its not just them making a difference but also the people that they meet and work with. Without those people, nothing would be accomplished.

If you're the Hereditary Princess, that makes your mom the Hereditary Queen! :D

So this is the thing we saw the Cambridges working with Richard Curtis. He recorded all four individually yet only William and Kate were put in the CC. I wonder why? Great video. The work with Heads Together is so crucial and nice to see despite the separate foundations that the four of them will still come together for this.

I've never understood how some things get in the CC and others don't. It's a good thing most people just see the end result, which in this case is an excellent initiative that is clearly supported by both the Cambridges and the Sussexes, so well done to them all.

Kudos to Heads Together and the Sussexes and Cambridges. The PSA and the initiative are great.

I've never understood how some things get in the CC and others don't. It's a good thing most people just see the end result, which in this case is an excellent initiative that is clearly supported by both the Cambridges and the Sussexes, so well done to them all.

It is rather strange and frustrating. And frankly not very transparent. There should be a better way to account for royal work. It would probably help all of them out in terms of actually educating the public about what they do because a lot of British folks in my circles, even those who work in government (with a few exceptions i.e. those who work in certain sections), don't think the royals do much and the current way engagements are tallied doesn't help.

Neither have I Ista. I wonder if things might be easier to understand with the next reign?

The Full Every Mind Matters Film-

Aww that is a lovely bit of insight! Thank you for sharing., :flowers: Harry chatting to folks sounds about right lol.

And kudos to your mother for her work!

Your mom must have a very good feeling inside right about now knowing that she was part and parcel that made this whole campaign come together. She's as much as to be lauded for the success as the Sussexes and Cambridges are and her work will be reflected as the campaign grows and makes a difference. This is one thing that I do believe the younger royals are also trying to focus on. That its not just them making a difference but also the people that they meet and work with. Without those people, nothing would be accomplished.

If you're the Hereditary Princess, that makes your mom the Hereditary Queen! :D

Thank you! I'll pass on your kind words to her - I'm sure she'll be happy to hear them ?

As of right now the video has been posted to Kensington Royal’s Twitter and Instagram accounts but nothing from the Sussexes.

Last edited:
What I don't completely understand is how this campaign 'Every Mind Matters' relates to the 'Heads Together' campaign. What exactly are they 'doing'? And how is that different from what Heads Together is already doing?

Thanks in advance!

What I don't completely understand is how this campaign 'Every Mind Matters' relates to the 'Heads Together' campaign. What exactly are they 'doing'? And how is that different from what Heads Together is already doing?

Thanks in advance!

I believe Every Mind Matters is a government sponsored mental health campaign that the Cambridges and Sussexes through Heads Together are supporting.

"...Every Mind Matters – a groundbreaking new mental health campaign from Public Health England, in partnership with the NHS."
"In backing the campaign, we join famous names as well as some of the nation’s biggest companies from the high street, entertainment, sport and finance. Launching ahead of this week’s World Mental Health Day, it is also backed by a coalition of mental health charities, including Mind, the Mental Health Foundation, the Samaritans, Heads Together and Time to Change."

https://www.lta.org.uk/about-us/ten...pports-groundbreaking-mental-health-campaign/

As of right now the video has been posted to Kensington Royal’s Twitter and Instagram accounts but nothing from the Sussexes.

Its been on the Sussexes IG for most of the day...

Just checked, its been on sussexroyal and KP exactly the same amount of time....

Last edited:
Its been on the Sussexes IG for most of the day...

Just checked, its been on sussexroyal and KP exactly the same amount of time....

My mistake. I looked at Sussexes but missed it.

The Queen decides what is and what isn't in the CC. If she didn't approve Harry and Meghan's involvement it was because she didn't think it was something they did that was official. They did it as private individuals and not as representatives of the monarchy - plain and simple. It is the same with a number of the things Meghan did on the recent tour of southern Africa - didn't count as an official engagement and thus they were private events for her. Just because there is media coverage of an event doesn't make if an official event e.g. only the Queen is credited with attending Ascot and yet we see most of the family there at least once if not two or three times over the five days. For all bar the Queen it is a private event even if for her it is an official one.

Last edited:
It is rather strange and frustrating. And frankly not very transparent. There should be a better way to account for royal work. It would probably help all of them out in terms of actually educating the public about what they do because a lot of British folks in my circles, even those who work in government (with a few exceptions i.e. those who work in certain sections), don't think the royals do much and the current way engagements are tallied doesn't help.

Engagements are tallied differently by everyone who does them and the royals themselves do NOT publish a tally. They simply put out a record of the official events. People, like me, then do a count. I have recently seen articles comparing the number of days Camilla has worked with the number of engagements the Queen has done to put down Camilla. The 'official' count that comes out at the end of each year is, like mine, simply done by a fan and has nothing official about it.

Two royals can attend the same event - for one it is an official event while for the other it isn't e.g. earlier this year there was an official event at the National Gallery for Catherine. Beatrice was also there but she wasn't there officially and so not in the CC.

The Queen makes the decision. If you think it should be done better - write and tell her.

What goes into the CC also changes over time e.g. in 1997 pretty well every time a royal went overseas (and they seem to have done a lot more then than they do now) there was an official farewell at the airport with the Ambassador/High Commissioner of the country/ies to be visited present to 'farewell' the royals. The Queen and Philip were also officially welcomed home. Either that no longer happens or if it does it is no longer recorded.

The Queen decides what is and what isn't in the CC. If she didn't approve Harry and Meghan's involvement it was because she didn't think it was something they did that was official. They did it as private individuals and not as representatives of the monarchy - plain and simple. It is the same with a number of the things Meghan did on the recent tour of southern Africa - didn't count as an official engagement and thus they were private events for her. Just because there is media coverage of an event doesn't make if an official event e.g. only the Queen is credited with attending Ascot and yet we see most of the family there at least once if not two or three times over the five days. For all bar the Queen it is a private event even if for her it is an official one.

This makes zero sense as they all to put in the same amount of time. Mr Curtis traveled to all four of them and recorded it. So how is it official for the Cambriges and private for the Sussexes yet launched as an official campaign. They need to fix their system because it is flawed.

Back
Top Bottom