The Heads Together Campaign: Activities from April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Makes me even more anxious to see him with his own baby ;)

He was so cute with the little dancers, and even trying the balancing ?

And going over and talking to the mom with the little infant. Asking about if she was sleeping. He is getting ready.

He is always in his element with kids. :D

In the CC - Prince Harry is still under Kensington Palace -

3 April 2019
Kensington Palace
The Duke of Sussex, Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, this afternoon visited YMCA St. Paul's Group, 25 St. Mary's Road, London W5, in support of Heads Together, and was received by Mrs. Rosemary Prescott (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

Perhaps that may be because The Royal Foundation's offices are still at Kensington Palace and Harry was at this event in support of one of the Foundation's incentives.

Then again, what do I know? :D

Perhaps that may be because The Royal Foundation's offices are still at Kensington Palace and Harry was at this event in support of one of the Foundation's incentives.

Then again, what do I know? :D

You are probably right,. But KP did not report the event on their twitter feed, instead it was reported on the Royal Family twitter; that is what is confusing.

Buckingham Palace is under construction, Anne, Edward and Sophie have moved out to St. James's Palace. It’s possible the Sussexes will only move after the work is done.

The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester are listed under Kensington Palace as well, but are reported under royal family social media. It just means where their office is.

Last edited:
Yes, a documentary series on mental health issues that sounds extremely interesting. Hope it's a success.

With two very high profile people such as Harry and Oprah behind this documentary, I believe the message is going to reach a wide audience of people and that is a good thing. I know I'd really be interested in seeing it when it airs.

Interesting collaboration. Oprah was on TV this morning speaking about how it came together. Basically is happened from them just having a casual conversation.

Telegraph says that Harry asked for the production to donate his "fee" to a charity of his choice. I was curious how that would work as he is the EP of the documentary.

Harry and Oprah are teaming up to tackling mental health issues through a series of episodes to air on the new Apple service. According to Omid, they have been working on this for months with Oprah recently meeting with Harry in London in March.

I am impressed.

I'm not an Oprah fan...but I hope this is a really good program.

LaRae

It's an interesting project. Not only because of the topic, but also the platform it's using. The TV+ was only launched in late March. It seems they are getting a lot of high profile support, and added attention can only be good for the campaign. It is a subscription service, but it comes with a free trial. It's also an available app on Roku and Amazon Fire. So even those of us without an Apple TV will be able to watch.

How is Ophra seen in GB and the Commonwealth? Wouldn't have been an GB / or at least Commonwealth Personality been a 'better' option?

I know that Ophrah has loads of money, connections, experience etc. ... but still.

How is Ophra seen in GB and the Commonwealth? Wouldn't have been an GB / or at least Commonwealth Personality been a 'better' option?

I know that Ophrah has loads of money, connections, experience etc. ... but still.

I do believe Oprah has done a lot charitable work in Africa. I think she is a much more global name and a lot of her series are quite well done after she left her show. I'm trying to think of the hosts that have collaborated with various streaming services, I do think most are more US based.

And I think that's the market that's really interesting. Haven't seen much data in UK, but Pew Research published a report last year that said 61% of young adults (defined as age 18-29) primarily uses streaming to watch TV. And based on the latest financial releases, that's only grown. But Apple is more of an untested market as they are new to this, although they've had a stake in Netflix for awhile.

Would it be appropriate to point out another project the media had no clue about with all their supposed "sources" on everything Sussex. Just saying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Harry, Prince, Instagram Influencer, TV streaming star...

I don't know! Sure, as the "spare part Prince" (in which role he is btw no longer necessery) life can be "hard". But he has to make some decisions, or he will cross, including his actress wife, the fine line from royalty to celebrity.

And if he seeks that attention, he should not complain about the social medias and the press, which can be quite attentive in a harmful way.

Last month Prince Charles appointed Lionel Richie a global ambassador for The Prince’s Trust International; a charity set up and run by Prince Charles.

Folks can work together "across the Isle" -

Last edited:
Harry, Prince, Instagram Influencer, TV streaming star...

I don't know! Sure, as the "spare part Prince" (in which role he is btw no longer necessery) life can be "hard". But he has to make some decisions, or he will cross, including his actress wife, the fine line from royalty to celebrity.

And if he seeks that attention, he should not complain about the social medias and the press, which can be quite attentive in a harmful way.

Last Jan William said he could not get celebrities to rally with him on the mental health initiative. If he did get them to work with him. Would you say the same thing about him?

Last edited:

I really am enthused about the Mental Health campaign documentary, my only misgiving is that it is Oprah Winfrey. While I certainly admire her, IMO I believe that a UK/Commonwealth national would have been the "better" option too.

Would you say the same thing about William? Last Jan he said he could not get celebrities to rally with him on the mental health initiative. If he did get them to work with him. Would you say the same thing about him?

Yep! They, the Windsors have no real power, their might is more "pope like".

And the abyss of cable and streaming TV is surely not the place for them! What is next? A guest appearance at the "Kardashians" to promote mental health? The "Rich Kids of Windsor" at Instagram? :ermm:

Some of y’all need to go back and watch the video interview with ‘O’ and watch her talk about how this project came about. They’re focusing on mental illness and mental wellness. Real issues, folks.

Last edited:

And the abyss of cable and streaming TV is surely not the place for them! What is next? A guest appearance at the "Kardashians" to promote mental health? The "Rich Kids of Windsor" at Instagram? :ermm:

I don't see it as you do. Oprah and Harry are *producing* a documentary on mental health and mental wellness. I'd be willing to bet my last bite of bacon from my spinach salad that the two of them are not seen prominently on screen. This documentary is designed to get a message out and listened to and inform and isn't a reality show to stroke one's own ego.

As far as it might be better if instead of Oprah, it was someone from the UK, if you're aiming to get a message out globally to have an impact, the more diverse the high profile people involved with the project are, the wider the demographics of who the message will reach is. People that have no clue or interest in the British royal family but are more familiar and like Oprah will be reached.

Personally, I love being able to stream shows at my own convenience although I do not subscribe to any streaming service such as Netflix or Hulu. If people can watch this documentary whenever they want to stream it, I'm almost positive that it will reach a wider audience than just aired on a TV channel.

This way of communicating and getting the word out about causes and issues and getting people that are celebrities, royals, philanthropists and sports figures to work globally can accomplish so much more than a ribbon cutting event or a photo op. This, I believe, is the wave of the future of making a difference in our world around us. ?

I really am enthused about the Mental Health campaign documentary, my only misgiving is that it is Oprah Winfrey. While I certainly admire her, IMO I believe that a UK/Commonwealth national would have been the "better" option too.

Who would you suggest would have been a better option? Who in the Commonwealth, with an interest in mental health, has the global reach and name recognition of Ms Winfrey?

Is this project actually part of the Heads Together campaign? Is it connected to The Royal Foundation?

I've read reports and haven't seen them mentioned but probably have missed it.

Anyone got a source?

It's on the Sussex IG account and all over Twitter.

LaRae

It's on the Sussex IG account and all over Twitter.

LaRae

I know its happening but I've now been advised that it is building on Heads Together not part of it apparently.

What you call the "abyss" of streaming video is the best access a lot of people outside of major cities have to more serious fare like documentaries and arthouse films. The BBC does do better work in that direction than other broadcast entities, but if you're outside of the UK, you still need streaming to access much of their best work. For Harry and Meghan, with their Commonwealth focus, it seems to me that a major international streaming operation is their best chance of getting a documentary to a Commonwealth audience, not just a UK one.

I know its happening but I've now been advised that it is building on Heads Together not part of it apparently.

That's my impression also. From what little I've picked up I think the HT Campaign is going by the wayside...nothing confirmed.

LaRae

Is this project actually part of the Heads Together campaign? Is it connected to The Royal Foundation?

Anyone got a source?

Perhaps the Heads Together campaign is the starting block for this project to take off globally. We see this happen with quite a few incentives started by the Royal Foundation. For example, the Invictus Games. Its a Royal Foundation incentive but it also has picked up celebrity ambassadors and financial sponsors along the way to support these games. Same with United For Wildlife.

Lets say, for example, it started with Harry's idea and gets the Heads Together campaign involved. He then talks with Oprah and they decide to work together for this. Oprah, perhaps, has her own specific organization working towards the same goal as the Foundation and brings that organization on board. And so forth and so on. The game plan is to reach as many people as possible and, frankly, the more people that are involved, the bigger success of the incentive.

This is just my guess and speculation but I believe this is how it works. :D

Anyone got a source?

Nothing I’ve seen from Omid or the Sussex IG has this connected in any way to Heads Together. I think this is an initiative of the Duke of Sussex, not the Royal Foundation. I know KP is trying to claim it, but nothing released supports that.

Who would you suggest would have been a better option? Who in the Commonwealth, with an interest in mental health, has the global reach and name recognition of Ms Winfrey?

That's an excellent question that I have no answer for as I am not aware who might be the UK's version of Oprah Winfrey. So I typed " Who is the UK's most trusted public figure?" and came up with this link. Please note that the article is from 2018.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...bama-piers-morgan-boris-johnson-a8143096.html

Britain's top 10 most trusted celebrities

1. David Attenborough
  2. Tom Hanks
  3. Michelle Obama
  4. Prince William
  5. The Queen
  6. Morgan Freeman
  7. Prince Harry
  8. Stephen Hawking
  9. Barack Obama
  10. Judi Dench
I've "bolded" anyone who was from the UK. Stephen Hawking is now deceased. If we remove #'s 4,5, and 7 that leaves Sir David Attenbourgh and Dame Judi Dench who do have some on camera experience.

Dame Judi Dench has participated in last year's Mental Health Minute Campaign.

https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/new...eness-mental-health-foundation-flash-response

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom