The Heads Together Campaign: Activities from April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I distinctly smelled the sarcasm in Rudolph's post. ;) I believe he was joking.

None of the BRF can really be classified as slackers in my book. They do what they are scheduled to do in regards to official engagements approved by HM, The Queen and are all active in their own charities and work for the issues that are their personal passions.

I wonder if Catherine's Heads Togerher official engagement will be postponed tomorrow due to the terror attack?

I wonder if Catherine's Heads Togerher official engagement will be postponed tomorrow due to the terror attack?

My current thinking is that if they were going to cancel, it would have been announced by now, like the Queen's cancellation.

I saw someone comment earlier that the location wasn't any issue, the issue would be the police requirements.

My current thinking is that if they were going to cancel, it would have been announced by now, like the Queen's cancellation.

I saw someone comment earlier that the location wasn't any issue, the issue would be the police requirements.
I agree. Yeah, I think it was Rebecca English who said the location was not an issue. IF it was canceled it would be to lighten load for police.

Last edited:
https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...mbridge-kate-middleton-westminster-bridge/amp

I must say how proud I am of the Duchess of Cambridge. Her speech today was deeply meaningful, meaty and personal. I've been waiting for her to really put some personal touches in her speeches on the issues she really care about. Today, Her Royal Highness did just that.

I liked Catherine pointed out the highs and lows of being a parent. She made it known that, although she have the help of a nanny, being a mother can be very challenging and rewarding.

She, William and Harry are really doing a good job in highlighting mental health issues.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0rJr4rlabpg&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...mbridge-kate-middleton-westminster-bridge/amp

I must say how proud I am of the Duchess of Cambridge. Her speech today was deeply meaningful, meaty and personal. I've been waiting for her to really put some personal touches in her speeches on the issues she really care about. Today, Her Royal Highness did just that.

I liked Catherine pointed out the highs and lows of being a parent. She made it known that, although she have the help of a nanny, being a mother can be very challenging and rewarding.

She, William and Harry are really doing a good job in highlighting mental health issues.
I agree. Today's speech was her best one so far :)

i think kate needs a speech professional to help her. her tone is monotonous and it is hard to follow her without yawning. i guess this comes mostly from the fact that she reads directly from her papers rather than just referring to them as most royals do (letizia is a good example of this).

nice touch of her to talk about her personal experience though. that helps people to follow the story more easily, despite the unchanging tone.

on the other hand, her demeanor with people is excellent. i liked the video of her talking to a group of mums, it just seemed so informal and she was so engaged that she makes people feel so relaxed. she is clearly 'in her sauce'.

Last edited:
i think kate needs a speech professional to help her. her tone is monotonous and it is hard to follow her without yawning. i guess this comes mostly from the fact that she reads directly from her papers rather than just referring to them as most royals do (letizia is a good example of this).

nice touch of her to talk about her personal experience though. that helps people to follow the story more easily, despite the unchanging tone.

on the other hand, her demeanor with people is excellent. i liked the video of her talking to a group of mums, it just seemed so informal and she was so engaged that she makes people feel so relaxed. she is clearly 'in her sauce'.
We are all good and less good with different things. Kate is clearly improving, and that is all one can wish. Comparing her to Letizia, the news anchor, is hardly fair. And the Queen basically reads all her speeches this way as well.

My mother is marketing for a project at the Department of Health surrounding the issues that were raised in Catherine's speech and as a result, she was invited to the event. She didn't get a chance to speak to Catherine herself, but she did listen to her speech. She said that Catherine appeared to be nervous at first but eased into the speech as it went on, and that she came across as very ordinary in the terms of her personality - or from what she could gather of her personality from the speech. I've enclosed a photo she took of Catherine at the event below (it's a bit blurry because of the device she used to photograph Catherine):

Attachments

• IMG_2105.jpg
    IMG_2105.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 128
Please note that several empty posts that add nothing to the conversation (and incidental responses) have been deleted.

Attitudes to mental health in Britain are now at a "tipping point", the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry have said, as they sign up a host of high-profile public figures to help "shatter the stigma".

The senior Royals launched the next stage of their Heads Together campaign on Thursday: a series of ten videos designed to spark "simple conversations" about mental health.

Starring the likes of Freddie Flintoff, Ruby Wax, Stephen Manderson - better known as the musician Professor Green - and Alastair Campbell, the videos are part of the Royals' ongoing battle to break down the "walls of judgement" they perceive to be standing in the way of progress.
Read more: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry join together to 'shatter the stigma' of mental illness

Last edited:
In their capacity as patrons of Heads Together, the members of the Royal Family will be opening the brand new academy this month!

We’re so excited to announce that The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry will officially be opening the doors to our brand new state school, The Global Academy.

The Global Academy is a state school, founded and sponsored by Global, to prepare students for careers in the broadcast and digital media industry, offering academic and vocational training and our Royal guests will be opening the building on 20th April.
Read more: We're Excited To Announce The Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge And Prince Harry Are... - Capital

Homepage | Global Academy

One thing. Those headbands do not go well with the ever present blue suits but its a temporary thing for now. :lol:

Those wax effigies are truly amazing and very life like and is almost like looking at a photograph of the real live person.

Back
Top Bottom