The Heads Together Campaign: Activities from April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It does generate attention. Yet I wonder how much people actually focus on Kate's clothing than on the actual cause.

It does generate attention. Yet I wonder how much people actually focus on Kate's clothing than on the actual cause.

Probably the same people who focus of Harry's love life rather than the actual cause. Every article about Harry has to mention Meghan or her family

Last edited:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge joined a training day alongside Prince Harry and the runners taking part in the 2017 Virgin Money London Marathon.

They joined in training sessions on the new London Marathon Community Track with more than 150 Team Heads Together runners on Sunday.

They also teamed up with world-record holder and three time London Marathon winner Paula Radcliffe and British 400m record holder and London Marathon regular, Iwan Thomas.

Heads Together is the official Charity of the Year at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in London.
Read more: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge put through their paces with London Marathon runners for training session | London Evening Standard

When training to run 26.2 miles around London, the thing you hear from well-intentioned souls time and time again is: “remember: it’s a marathon, not a sprint”.

Except on Sunday, in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, it was most definitely a sprint, and not a marathon. Specifically, a sprint against Paula Radcliffe and Iwan Thomas. In the Duke of Cambridge’s relay team.

I felt that poor Prince William had rather pulled the short straw. In the lane to my left, Paula Radcliffe limbered up, ready to high five her captain, the Duchess of Cambridge.

Come April 23rd - bodies willing - we will all be running the Virgin London Marathon for Heads Together, the charity campaign set up by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry to help change the national conversation about mental health. But for now we had to get through the training day, including this surprise - and rather surreal - race. It’s a Royal Relay, if you will.
Read more: Running with the royals: Bryony Gordon goes marathon training with William, Harry and Kate

Love the cover!

She may have spent last night rubbing shoulders with the stars at the BAFTAs but the Duchess of Cambridge wasn't going to let a late night get in her way today.

Kate, 35, joined her husband Prince William and brother-in-law Prince Harry at St Mary's university to film a warm up and running for their mental health charity.

They met with DIY SOS presenter Nick Knowles who is working with the royal trio on a new show for the BBC called Mind Over Marathon.

The show, which will air in April, sees the presenter work with those with mental health issues to take part in the London marathon.

Their royal highnesses join him in relation to their charity Heads Together which aims to challenge the stigma of mental health.

The three were pictured training together just over a week ago where they joined members of their charity at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
Read more: Kate Middleton films TV show with Nick Knowles | Daily Mail Online

Great pictures and thanks Polyesco. One thing that I like doing whenever there is a picture of Harry is actively looking at his body language. He's very expressive. For example, in the group shot. Harry is leaning forward which shows the level of attention he is paying to what is going on around him.

Actions do speak louder than words and with Harry's actions, they say a whole lot. :D

Thanks Polyesco for posting the pictures and Iceflower and Dman for the links. They're great! I'm sure the veterans and those who care for them appreciate that Harry is interested and engaged. It's quite a shame that there just aren't enough trained counsellors in this area, though. It's so vital.

Last edited:
Any reason why William and/or Kate couldn't attend this event? They are also part of the H2T initiative.

Harry shines as usual. He's really got the gift of appearing passionate, engaged, and at ease with people. Certainly far more than his brother.

All hail King Henry IX!

Any reason why William and/or Kate couldn't attend this event? They are also part of the H2T initiative.

Harry shines as usual. He's really got the gift of appearing passionate, engaged, and at ease with people. Certainly far more than his brother.

All hail King Henry IX!

Sometimes they go together as a trio and sometimes they attend the H2T events as individuals.

I've noticed that there is a pattern of the Cambridges being more visible one week and then Harry is the following one. Keeps the media attention on whomever is busy that week. With the Cambridges heading to Paris on Friday, I'd expect that Harry will have a quieter end of the week.

I think the reason this engagement was purely Harry is because as much as W&K&H work together for H2T, this conference was nearer and dearer to Harry because of his involvement with veteran issues.

If it was an conference for H2T that focused on child bereavement, that would be more up Kate's alley.

H2T covers a lot of different mental health issues in many different aspects of society and sometimes they just happen to fall under a category where the royal has a specific interest.

Nope.. Never gonna really be a King Henry IX in the picture unless something drastic happens. The BRF just doesn't work that way. :D

All hail King Henry IX!

Kate is attending event for Heads Together debuting Best Beginning Maternal Metal Health Films at the Royal Gynecology Society on March 23. Why is Harry skipping this Head Together event ?

They each having focal causes with the heads together umbrella. Harry- mental health of veterans, Kate-mental health of kids, William- male suicide

Harry is skipping the event on March 23. Slacker

They each having focal causes with the heads together umbrella. Harry- mental health of veterans, Kate-mental health of kids, William- male suicide

Which gives each one a chance to champion various causes and allow the spotlight to be shone upon each one at different times throughout the year.

Back
Top Bottom