Lady Davina Lewis & Lady Rose Gilman and Families, News 1: September 2007 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The artikel is about Lady Davina. But I said Lady Rose is seen with two children!

Post on Miss Honoria Glossip's blog says Rufus Gilman was born in November and will be christened soon at Kensington Palace Chapel.

And his christening is tomorrow! Indeed, in the Chapel of Kensington Palace!!

I can't wait to see this beautiful family !

Sorry don't like Rufus, Rufus sounds too much like dufus:whistling::ROFLMAO:

When I hear Rufus Gilman together I think of the Goofus and Gallant cartoon.

Lady Rose's son is called Rufus apparently. I didn't know Lyla's full name was Lyla Beatrix Christabel Gilman.

The meaning of Rufus is "red-haired."

Christabel is in honor of Rose's grandmother, Princess Alice Christabel, who was born on Christmas day. Princess Alexandra of Kent was also born on December 25 and was named Alexandra Helen Elizabeth Olga Christabel.

Last edited:
Cristabel is a fairytale name, conjurs up visions of snowflakes and lights through the windows. How good to be born on Dec. 25 and be named Christabel.
That is interesting that Rufus means red-haired. I think Rowan does too but I am not sure.

William II was nicknamed Rufus for the very reason that he was a red-head.

All royal palaces have at least one chapel although the BP chapel was converted to the Queen's Gallery so I am not sure if there is another chapel in the palace now.

I can't wait to see this beautiful family !

Doubtful we'll actually see them. Took a post in a tumblr blog to tell us his name 4 months after his birth.

The meaning of Rufus is "red-haired."

Christabel is in honor of Rose's grandmother, Princess Alice Christabel, who was born on Christmas day.
Princess Alexandra of Kent was also born on December 25 and was named Alexandra Helen Elizabeth Olga Christabel.

Thank you, but the names were quite self explanatory. :)

Daily Mail reports today that Lady Davina and Gary Lewis have divorced. They write that a BP spokesperson confirmed "Lady Davina Lewis and Gary Lewis were divorced last year."

Friends are quoted as saying "cultural differences" caused the split.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...arriage-Maori-sheep-shearer-husband-ends.html

That's really sad. I always thought they made a lovely couple.

Well done them to have kept it out of the press in the early stages when it would have been a difficult time for them both.

So sorry ! They were such a lovely couple !

They were indeed, but, if reports of "cultural differences" are true, when reality set in, it was an ill-conceived match. I mean, they really came from very different backgrounds and cultures.

When I saw that there are new posts in this thread and in the "Birth Announcements 2019" I thought it was about new baby for them or for Rose and George; I definitely didn't expect such a sad news.:sad:

Sad news indeed. Although, it’s hard to believe their “cultural differences” was the cause of the end of their marriage after all these years. Sometimes it’s just as simple as two people growing apart and wanting different things.

They were such a lovely couple. He tall and handsome and she very pretty. They knew each other a long time before marriage as well.
I really thought they could make it work. Very sad news whenever a marriage fails.

And doubly sad when little children are involved; Senna is only nine and Tane seven.

That's really sad news. Especially for Senna and Tane but also for Davina and Lewis themselves. Hopefully they have found a way to go forward as they will always share their 2 children together.

Always sad news to hear when a couple divorces. But from the fact we haven't heard until now, it seems to have at least been a civil divorce. If it had been a messy one it would have come out sooner.

Hopefully they are co-parenting well for the sake of their kids.

I’ve been wondering why this has been announced now. I wonder if Senna might be a bridesmaid for Lady Gabriella? So there might have been speculation if Gary wasn’t at the wedding.

I’ve been wondering why this has been announced now. I wonder if Senna might be a bridesmaid for Lady Gabriella? So there might have been speculation if Gary wasn’t at the wedding.

Very possibly.

It hasn't really been announced, apparently one of Davinas friends has talked to Richard Eden of the Daily Mail. Buckingham Palace has chosen to confirm via a spokesperson that the information is accurate so that the rumours didn't fly around.

They were indeed, but, if reports of "cultural differences" are true, when reality set in, it was an ill-conceived match. I mean, they really came from very different backgrounds and cultures.

They've been married for a long time and divorced without an ugly slanging match in the media so it can't have been that ill conceived. Perhaps if "cultural differences" are a truth it was as simple as him wishing to move back or spend more time in New Zealand than any more exotic differences. Or maybe things that seemed unimportant years ago became more so as they grew older. I find it hard to believe they suddenly discovered a new cultural deal breaker after so long.

Back
Top Bottom