The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-22-2019, 05:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
It sure is. Indeed it's a necessity.
But it is preferably that everybody are in on it - or at least those in charge are in on it.
Doing reforms from a lower level on your own initiative is rarely advisable.

That's a very good point but just to clarify...there is no evidence Harry and Meghan have said they are modernizing the monarchy.

According to CNN's Max Foster that statement was made by an "source close to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex." But of course the source isn't named.

Harry did state "We are involved in modernizing the British monarchy" but that was in June 2017, a year before his marriage. By "we" he probably meant the BRF as a whole, or as you say "everybody [is] in on it."

Old 10-23-2019, 11:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

I firmly believe that the future of the British Monarchy can only be bright and modern, if there’s any effort to unite the family. These separate paths the family are taking will only bring about a sense of division and chaos — which is happening now.

The reunion of the Cambridge’s and Sussexes on their mental health campaign was a success. They need to build on that success and create some harmony within the working “Firm” by publicly working together more often rather than acting like they don’t even know each other and are from two separate planets. Harness the power of “The Royal Fab Four.” Theres tons of power in that — trust me on this, my friends.

They can turn all of this around.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-23-2019, 12:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I firmly believe that the future of the British Monarchy can only be bright and modern, if there’s any effort to unite the family. These separate paths the family are taking will only bring about a sense of division and chaos — which is happening now.

The reunion of the Cambridge’s and Sussexes on their mental health campaign was a success. They need to build on that success and create some harmony within the working “Firm” by publicly working together more often rather than acting like they don’t even know each other and are from two separate planets. Harness the power of “The Royal Fab Four.” Theres tons of power in that — trust me on this, my friends.

Some may argue that there are two people who need to understand and emulate the powerful message that you have put out there, and the rest of the infrastructure will fit in there.
Old 10-23-2019, 12:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Some may argue that there are two people who need to understand and emulate the powerful message that you have put out there, and the rest of the infrastructure will fit in there.
Very good point. Though one that I suspect will be lost on those who like to do a lot of blaming and finger-pointing at everyone except the couple at the root of the drama and conflict. There's no denying that the BRF have seen their share of untrue, negative, and/or greatly exaggerated press over the years but typically if one is the kind of person that drama just seems to follow then in most instances you tend to be courting it to some extent or on some level. We've seen this multiple times over the years with the BRF and I really don't think there's much difference in what we're seeing now, to be perfectly frank.
Old 10-23-2019, 01:01 PM
Heir Apparent

In my opinion, there is a risk.. and it comes from the sheer self-obsession of some within the family.. who seem blinded to the 'good of the whole'.

This isn't new, we have seen it before [at least twice], but in the era of social media, it is yet more corrosive
Old 10-23-2019, 01:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:

Unfortunately I think the days of the Fab four have gone, but there is no reason why they cannot all do their important work without standing on each others toes.
The story given to CNN re the modernising of the monarchy is very bad.

For Harry to speak about not playing the game the media want and then have somebody speak for him in this way to CNN is total hypocrisy but then this is not the first time he has shown this trait.

If H & M have nothing to do with this then I would suggest they need to get to the bottom of it and who allegedly spoke on their behalf. This is one media story they should be fighting. If a member of his staff spoke out of turn they should be sacked,

This was an insult thrown at the Queen his grandmother, never mind the other members of the family.

Anybody who witnessed the War of the Wales knows how much trouble the tv interview and this spokesperson have caused.

The Brexit debacle is keeping it at the second story with the media but this needs to be curtailed.
Old 10-23-2019, 01:17 PM
Majesty

The future of the monarchy is in good hands. Charles is the most experienced heir we’ve ever had and William is certainly showing his statesman like qualities with every engagement.

As long as everyone knows their place. If they don’t then something will have to be done.
Old 10-23-2019, 01:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
According to CNN's Max Foster that statement was made by an "source close to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex." But of course the source isn't named.

The BBC's clarification on the source of the statement given to CNN:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50154033

Quote:
The source told CNN "that the institution around the British Royal Family is full of people afraid of and inexperienced at how to best help harness and deploy the value of the royal couple".

The source said that Harry and Meghan "have single-handedly modernized the monarchy."

The BBC has repeatedly asked to speak to the couple's communications secretary, Sara Latham, but has had no response.

A friend of Ms Latham told the BBC that the comments defending Harry and Meghan, and criticising the Palace, did not come from her.
Old 10-23-2019, 01:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
The future of the monarchy is in good hands. Charles is the most experienced heir we’ve ever had and William is certainly showing his statesman like qualities with every engagement.

As long as everyone knows their place. If they don’t then something will have to be done.

You are correct, and it will be nipped in the bud, it will not be allowed to continue unchecked.
Old 10-23-2019, 01:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post

The truth is, whether or not those statements came from Ms. Latham, they're still incredibly damaging and very, very shortsighted. If they truly didn't come from Ms. Latham then she needs to issue an immediate statement clarifying that. And regardless of who they came from they need to be evaluated, recognized for the problems that they are, and whoever did make those statements needs to be swiftly dealt with. Those are the type of incendiary statements that reflect very, very poorly on the Queen and on the institution as a whole and cannot be allowed to go unchecked.

And if those statements did come from Ms. Latham then they reflect very poorly indeed on the Sussexes and both the Sussexes and Ms. Latham will need to be immediately checked by those higher up in the hierarchy.
Old 10-23-2019, 01:29 PM
Heir Apparent

I also think the monarchy is in good hands. Charles will be a good king. William and Kate are doing a good job and they know where they are in the royal house. I have no doubt that William will be a good king.
Harry and Meghan have to stop controversy and think more about the institution they represent.
Old 10-23-2019, 01:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Everyone is doing their part. The power behind the idea of the “Royal Fab Four” shouldn’t be underestimated.

The four of them can strike a mighty blow on the royal stage to benefit the Monarchy. Separating these couples have brought nothing but division and chaos and dividing the royal press and public support into camps. Now, the narrative is - which couple do you like best? Which couple is the best example for the future of the Monarchy and which couple is the black sheep of the Monarchy? Of course both couple have to peruse their own agendas within their royal roles and patronage’s, but the lack of working unity between the Cambridge’s and Sussexes — the very couples that will lead the Monarchy into the future — are leading to trouble.

Family unity is needed to help make the future of the Monarchy thrive.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-23-2019, 01:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post

Spot on. Charles is more than prepared and shows every sign of being a thoughtful, forward-thinking, and inclusive monarch and William has really, really stepped it up in the last few years. I absolutely believe the monarchy is in safe hands. However, for the institution as a whole to run like a well oiled machine, everyone within it needs to be comfortable playing their parts and representing the monarch and the institution in their public duties and those players all need to realize and be in step with the fact that while their individual contributions are important, the overall goal of the whole thing is that of the Firm as a whole, just as it is with any organization.

It rather appears that in the not so distant future there may need to be some very serious sit downs in which everyone's ability and willingness to play their parts are evaluated and by everyone I do mean everyone from the monarch on down through the Sussexes, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, Princess Anne, the Wessexes, the Kents, etc. It might very well be time for some serious conversations to determine who is ready to retire, who is ready to step up their game, who is ready to take on less, who is ready to take on more, and maybe even who is ready to step outside the Firm and create a different sort of life for themselves or who is ready to step more fully into the Firm and take on those responsibilities on behalf of monarch and country.
Old 10-23-2019, 01:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Pranter and I were hitting on this before. The family need to come together through some official engagements and even projects. Close ranks and turn this nonsense around. They have the power to do this. They have to lead on this going into the future...

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-23-2019, 01:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
The four of them can strike a mighty blow on the royal stage to benefit the Monarchy. Separating these couples have brought nothing but division and chaos and dividing the royal press and public support into camps.
There's definitely truth in this but I suspect the era of the Fab Four is long gone and with it the potential for any sort of joint impact. I do think it's necessary to point out, though, that your statement implies that they were separated by those higher up in the hierarchy, i.e. the Queen or Prince Charles, when in reality their separation was a direct result of their own desires, requests, and demands. They chose to split the foundation and separate their working and personal lives, it wasn't a decision that was imposed on them. So, while I absolutely agree that there could have been significant power in that pairing, the division is no one's choice but their own and it does appear based on statements issued by them and their teams, that this was a decision coming from the Sussex team so there's no point in attempting to ascribe that to any other entity.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post

This is really not good. The statements in themselves are outrageous and damaging to the monarchy, and the fact that Sara Latham did not immediately and energetically deny that she was the source also raises more questions than it answers. A "friend's" denial is all well and good, but then who was the source? Whoever it was certainly seems to feel that they have the inside story, so are they an insider, and how inside is that?
Old 10-23-2019, 02:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
This is really not good. The statements in themselves are outrageous and damaging to the monarchy, and the fact that Sara Latham did not immediately and energetically deny that she was the source also raises more questions than it answers. A "friend's" denial is all well and good, but then who was the source? Whoever it was certainly seems to feel that they have the inside story, so are they an insider, and how inside is that?

The British monarchy is being constantly modernized. In fact, I recall an interview of the late Duke of Windsor (yes, the former King Edward VIII) where he mentioned how his niece (Queen Elizabeth II) had scaled down the monarchy considerably compared to the days of his parents, King George V and Queen Mary. Presumably that process will only intensify under Charles and William.

To claim that Harry and Meghan alone have modernized the monarchy, if that is what was really said, is ludicrous.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:29 PM
Heir Apparent

That the Monarchy has always evolved is undeniable [institutions don't endure a 1000 years unless they do]. But who wants 'credit it for it' [in this instance] is fascinating, and why they want it attributable to them, is yet more so.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
I agree , this is really "You had one job" territory and she failed .
Old 10-23-2019, 02:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
There's definitely truth in this but I suspect the era of the Fab Four is long gone and with it the potential for any sort of joint impact. I do think it's necessary to point out, though, that your statement implies that they were separated by those higher up in the hierarchy, i.e. the Queen or Prince Charles, when in reality their separation was a direct result of their own desires, requests, and demands. They chose to split the foundation and separate their working and personal lives, it wasn't a decision that was imposed on them. So, while I absolutely agree that there could have been significant power in that pairing, the division is no one's choice but their own and it does appear based on statements issued by them and their teams, that this was a decision coming from the Sussex team so there's no point in attempting to ascribe that to any other entity.
No, I’m not saying the separation came from higher up. I’m just saying their separation is bringing about division. People are going into their own corners and pitting the couples against each other. Now, the narrative is: Let’s build up the golden couple and let’s tear the other couple down. When the narrative should be the Cambridge’s and Sussexes are working together as the “Royal Fab Four” to help move the Monarchy into the future.

We’re in the last years of the reign of Queen Elizabeth II and I think there’s a panic going on within the outside forces and royal watchers on who’s going to be the face of the Monarchy once The Queen departs this earth.

Well, obviously, the new faces of the Monarchy is The Prince of Wales and his family. Charles, Camilla, William, Catherine, Harry and Meghan. The kids will come in down the line because they’re still babies at this point and they have years of schooling to go through before they become major players in the firm.

There seems to be an effort by some to sideline the Sussexes and downplay their commitment to their royal roles and duties and the wellbeing of the Monarchy. They are doing their part and is fully committed to their official obligations. That’s obvious to see. They just got back from a royal tour to South Africa; where they worked their tushies off for the working visit.

Both couples have roles to play and both couples are indeed the future of the British Monarchy. So the very idea of all this division is beyond nuts. I totally understand that William and Catherine are being prepared to assume the roles of Prince and Princess of Wales, but, still, the power these couples have with each other (as the Royal Fab Four) should be put forward on the royal stage, not eliminated. The effects - as we can clearly see - isn’t for the best.

Okay, Cambridge’s and Sussexes, come together and start collaborating. Get back to one planet and let’s see some public appearances. Let’s see some family unity. You’ve got the power to turn all this stuff around.

A.W. TOZER