The Earl and Countess of Snowdon and Family News 1: January 2017 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the updates !
The Snowdons are a beautiful family, indeed. Sadly their public appearances are rare.

Last edited:

Lord Snowdon at the Jacky Tsai exhibition at Linley London on February 5:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

There has been a bit of a debate on Twitter over an account that is suspected of posing as Margarita. Royal editors and reporters have got into contact with Buckingham Palace as well as Lord Snowdon asking for confirmation about the account, but so far only the palace has refused to comment (I haven’t seen any Tweets about Snowdon’s take on the situation). The first account was suspended but the owner has created a new account. Due to fake accounts for royals being a common phenomena amongst royal fans on social media, and also the nature of the accounts tweets and the fact all their photos came from stock sharing websites like Getty Images rather than private sources - though the old and new profile photos are ones I have not seen before. However they are linked to many royal fan base accounts as well as fake accounts posing for Lady Louise and Estella Taylor; so there are many obvious signs that this account is an imposter. What do you all think? It’s garnered an interesting discussion on Twitter so I wondered what your takes on the matter were.

Lord Snowdon is standing for election as one of the 92 hereditary peers in the House of Lords. He would sit as a non party political crossbencher.

Source: Richard Kay, Royal Reporter.

:previous:
The Earl Snowdon said that he would stand for election, and he is doing it. Hopefully he will win in the election in question. Crossbencher is an interesting word though.

Last edited:
I would imagine that he would have his say of what he believes on an issue at hand and not partial to party stances on an issue. Listen to all sides of a matter and then form an opinion would be my guess.

Then again, what do I know? :D

I would imagine that he would have his say of what he believes on an issue at hand and not partial to party stances on an issue. Listen to all sides of a matter and then form an opinion would be my guess.

Then again, what do I know? :D

Which is a great thing but it might be helpful for whoever is supposed to vote for him to have some idea of what his core values or points of view are :flowers:

The Earl of Snowdon comes across as skilled and thoughtful. He obviously respects craftsman, wood and preservation of history and furniture along with modern interpretation. He has worked in industry, with an array of customers and workers creating his own business.
He seems to have brought up two lovely children. I think many people will identify with him and vote for him.

The Earl of Snowdon attended the Serpentine Gallery Summer Party at Kensington Gardens in London yesterday, June 19:

** Pic ** rex gallery **

The Earl of Snowdon attended the Goodwood Festival of Speed 'Cartier Style Et Luxe' enclosure today, July 15:

** Pic ** rex gallery **

On August 2 the Countess of Snowdon attended day 3, Ladies Day, of the Qatar Goodwood Festival 2018 at Goodwood Racecourse in Chichester:

** Pic **

The Earl of Snowdon was in Paris to attend the "Society of Friends of the Orsay Museum" Dinner at the Orsay Museum yesterday, September 24. He was pictured with Prince Pavlos of Greece:

** Pic **

Today he was back home and seen driving on the Balmoral Estate:

** rex gallery **

Last edited:

The Earl of Snowdon attended a VIP Preview of the Frieze Art Fair in Regents Park yesterday, October 3:

** Pic **

Lady Frances von Hofmannsthal and Lucy Countess of Snowdon attended the Frieze Art Fair on October 4:

** rex gallery **

:previous:

She is the second wife of Antony Armstrong-Jones, 1st Earl of Snowdon ex-husband of Princess Margaret

It’s a shame Catherine didn’t attend this event.

Might have been a bit difficult though since she was in Aberdeen today!

She was in Dundee not Aberdeen, and she wasn't there all day.

Why would you have expected her to attend the event? She does not wear much Dior

No but she is patron of the V&A. I didn't realise it was a requirement that you have to wear Dior a lot to attend the event, Sarah Chatto definitely doesn't fit that criteria.

Her mother's dress is a part of the exhibition.

That's great, but it's not Sarah's dress is it. I never said it didn't make sense that Sarah attended either.
Muriel said Catherine doesn't wear a lot of Dior which seemed to me like a need to attend this exhibit, as far as I'm aware neither does Sarah.

Also having Princess Margaret's dress on display, should be another reason Catherine could have gone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom