The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester Current Events 2: January 2006-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't find pictures as well, but they attended it; they were seating behind the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, if I recall correctly, and at the right of the Duke of Kent.
Also their three children and their spouses attended.

Did they attend Prince William's wedding last week at all? I couldn't find their pictures anywhere.......
I, too, am looking for a picture of the Gloucesters at the Royal Wedding but have not located any. I caught a glimpse of one of the Gloucester girls in the buses carting the minor Royals to the Abbey but that was all. I saw the Duke and Duchess of Kent arrive at the Abbey and the others but not the Gloucesters. Would love to see pictures of them.

**This question is not about the the Duke or Duchess but the current Duke's late brother William. In his book on the porphyria gene in the royal families of Europe, John Röhl makes the claim that the late Prince William had signs of porphyria. Has anyone else heard this claim or knows of a thread for the late Prince William?

**This question is not about the the Duke or Duchess but the current Duke's late brother William. In his book on the porphyria gene in the royal families of Europe, John Röhl makes the claim that the late Prince William had signs of porphyria. Has anyone else heard this claim or knows of a thread for the late Prince William?

The thread for the late Prince William of Gloucester is http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f23/prince-william-of-gloucester-1941-1972-a-11354-4.html .

The Duchess of Gloucester as patron of Friends of St. Paul's Cathedral attended the "Went the
Day Well?" concert at St Paul’s Cathedral in aid of Help for Heroes, London, 29 June 2011.

** Pic **

On July 7, the Duchess of Gloucester officially opened Phoenix Montessori Nursery School,
United Reformed Church, London Road, Long Sutton.

** Pic ** Nursery’s Royal visit **

On July 19, the Duchess attended the Royal Horticultural Society's Flower Show at Tatton
Park, Knutsford.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gallery **

The Duchess is ageing well .... I've always liked her because she doesn't have quite as many "airs and graces".

The image of the little girl curtseying to the Duchess is adorable. :) Thanks for the image links. I agree Renata4711, she's lovely and down to Earth and does her Royal duties so covertly, yet she is obviously very appreciated.

The Duchess is ageing well .... I've always liked her because she doesn't have quite as many "airs and graces".

I know from what people say in my own circle that The Duchess has long been regarded as one of the Queen's hidden blessings. Her life turned out to be very different from what she might have imagined; she met the-then Prince Richard when he was a Cambridge Student, reputedly on her first day in the City; he was at the University, she was doing a language course. Prince Richard was destined for a professional career as an architect and thus the Duchess would have expected to settle down to life as the wife of a professional man [Prince Richard was, as a younger son, never destined for Royal Duties, but expected to be occupy the sort of role that was envisaged for Prince Michael -i.e. not to be on the Civil List but invited to the 'wider' type of Royal Occasion [state banquets and the like, whilst his elder brother became the 'working royal'.

It is also interesting how sometimes unintended consequences turn out quite well; it was never intended that George VI and The Queen Mother would end up being Sovereign and Consort; yet the country turned out to be served so well by them; ditto the fact that Elizabeth II was never born to be Queen, yet look at the success she has made of her reign.... And then look at the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester

just my thoughts

Alex

On October 4th 2011 - The Duke of Gloucester is opening my local hospital, I will be making it my mission to be there on the day and be taking pictures.

:previous:

The Selby War Memorial Hospital and Civic Centre? And have you been successful, Lumutqueen?

Here are some of the Duke of Gloucester latest events:

On October 4, he opened the new Harrogate Library in Harrogate,

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Harrogate Library gets a Royal opening **

he opened the Train Shed Roof Replacement as part of the "Train of Thought" Project at the North
Yorkshire Moors Railway, Pickering Station, Pickering

** Duke of Gloucester views Pickering Station restoration work **

and as mentioned he officially opened the new Selby War Memorial Hospital and Civic Centre.

** Royal opening for Selby hospital **

On September 28, the Duke of Kent visited Nene Valley Railway to see his namesake and to officially
open the cafe "The Barnwell Tea Rooms":

** Pic **

** Two Dukes of Gloucester meet at Nene Valley Railway **

** Duke of Gloucester drives engine at Nene Valley Railway **

Indeed it was and I did succeed it was a lovely day besides the weather.

They are such a lovely couple. I do so love reading about their activities. The Dutchess is always immaculately turned out. This particular outfit in burnt orange outfit is absolutely beautiful. The shade really does suit her. I do love her brooch.

Last edited:
SKNVibes | Visit by his Royal highness The Duke of Glouceste to Mark Her Majesty The Queen's Diamond Jubilee
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]To celebrate The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee (sixty years of The Queen’s reign), Her Majesty The Queen has asked members of the Royal Family to travel overseas to visit every Realm as well as Commonwealth countries, Crown Dependencies and British Overseas Territories on her behalf.
The British Virgin Islands (BVI) has been chosen to host a visit by HRH The Duke of Gloucester from March 5 to 9.
As The Queen’s emissary, HRH The Duke of Gloucester’s aim will be to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee year with members of the BVI community, to learn about the rich history of the islands, and to meet with the people of the Territory in person.
[/FONT]

I am assuming that the Duke is going solo to the British Virgin Islands on the Diamond Jubilee Tour - though it would be great to see the Duchess accomany him as she such a great asset to the Royal Family

PrincessofEurope said:
I am assuming that the Duke is going solo to the British Virgin Islands on the Diamond Jubilee Tour - though it would be great to see the Duchess accomany him as she such a great asset to the Royal Family

Why would you assume this? Is the Duchess ill?

Why would you assume this? Is the Duchess ill?

No i just assumed from any press releases that it was a solo trip for the Duke as there has never been any mention of the Duchess accompanying him on the Jubilee trip. Though if any other members are aware of the Duchess joining her husband it would be great to have clarification on this

Is The Duchess of Gloucester going with Prince Richard? Would be nice if she did. Such a shame this tour will likely receive little media attention, just like The Earl and Countess of Wessex's tour.

The reports only mention Prince Richard.

Bit of a shame but it would make sense for it to only be Prince Richard, though Sophie went with her husband and both Camilla and Catherine are attending with their other halves, but perhaps The Duchess is busy.

It is only the duke who is visiting the BVI. Perhaps the duchess already had engagements scheduled during this period. It is a short visit afterall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom