The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester Current Events 2: January 2006-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Court Circular, The Duke of Gloucester had a video meeting with Mr. Paul Ndungu (Prior of the Priory in Kenya) on 20th April at Kensington Palace. The Duke of Gloucester is also the Grand Prior, the Most Venerable Order of the Hospital of St. John of Jerusalem.

20 April 2021
Kensington Palace
The Duke of Gloucester, Grand Prior, the Most Venerable Order of the Hospital of St. John of Jerusalem, this morning held a Meeting with Mr. Paul Ndungu (Prior of the Priory in Kenya) via video link.
https://www.royal.uk/court-circular...te]=09/04/2020&date[max][date]=21/04/2021&id=

7th
COURT CIRCULAR
Kensington Palace
The Duchess of Gloucester, Patron, Parkinson’s UK, this morning held a Meeting with Mr Michael Tindall (Patron, Cure Parkinson’s) via video link.

The Duchess of Gloucester, Patron Parkinson’s UK, and Mike Tindall, Patron Cure Parkinson’s, have joined forces to mark Parkinson’s Awareness Month this April.

The Duke of Gloucester, Vice Patron of National Churches Trust, attended the book launch of The Treasures of English Churches: Witnesses to the History of a Nation" virtually on the afternoon of 29th April. The Duchess of Gloucester, the Honorary President of the Lawn Tennis Association held a virtual meeting with the President (Mr. David Rawlinson) and Deputy President (Sandra Procter).

29 April 2021
Kensington Palace
The Duke of Gloucester, Vice Patron, National Churches Trust, this afternoon attended the book launch of "the Treasures of English Churches: Witnesses to the History of a Nation" via video link.

The Duchess of Gloucester, Honorary President, the Lawn Tennis Association, this afternoon held a Meeting with Mr. David Rawlinson (President) and Mrs. Sandra Procter (Deputy President) via video link.

https://www.royal.uk/court-circular...te]=26/04/2020&date[max][date]=01/05/2021&id=

The Duke of Gloucester as Colonel-in-Chief of the Royal Army Medical Corps sent a video message to the Corps to mark their Annual Corps Day:

** video **

Is it his first actual/real-life visit since the pandemic?

Is it his first actual/real-life visit since the pandemic?

No - last week he and the Duchess went to the British Museum to view two new exhibitions.

15th June
Kensington Palace
The Duke of Gloucester, Royal Patron, and The Duchess of Gloucester this morning viewed the Thomas Becket: murder and the making of a saint and Nero: the man behind the myth exhibitions at the British Museum, Great Russell Street, London WC1.

No - last week he and the Duchess went to the British Museum to view two new exhibitions.

15th June

Kensington Palace

The Duke of Gloucester, Royal Patron, and The Duchess of Gloucester this morning viewed the Thomas Becket: murder and the making of a saint and Nero: the man behind the myth exhibitions at the British Museum, Great Russell Street, London WC1.

Those sound like interesting exhibits. I wish I could see them. I loved visiting the British Museum when I went to London. Wish I’d had more time there.

I too would love to see them. I was supposed to visit the UK last year but covid and then I was supposed to be there now but again covid so next year will my third attempt but there is no guarantee that Australia's external borders will be open in time.

Those sound like interesting exhibits. I wish I could see them. I loved visiting the British Museum when I went to London. Wish I’d had more time there.
I swore I would go back and live for a week in the British Museum.

The exhibit I loved most was "Henry VIII, Dressed to Kill". But it was in the Tower of London, not the British Museum.

I have no doubt the Duke and Duchess had a wonderful time. This is one of the most intelligently designed museums I've ever visited.

I swore I would go back and live for a week in the British Museum.

The exhibit I loved most was "Henry VIII, Dressed to Kill". But it was in the Tower of London, not the British Museum.

I have no doubt the Duke and Duchess had a wonderful time. This is one of the most intelligently designed museums I've ever visited.

I wonder if you could see it all even with a full week! Lol I remember both there and at Victoria and Albert having to strategically pick sections I “most” wanted to see.

That sounds like a fabulous exhibit.

I was such a history nerd when I visited London. Lol I was even excited studying- and I do mean studying- the stained glass at St George’s in Windsor. Lol [emoji23] I loved that cathedral.

So- I’m sure they had a great time. It must be fabulous to live in a city with such truly extraordinary collections. Not up mention all the access they must have to behind the scenes extras, etc.

I too would love to see them. I was supposed to visit the UK last year but covid and then I was supposed to be there now but again covid so next year will my third attempt but there is no guarantee that Australia's external borders will be open in time.

Oh….that‘s too bad. COVID has messed up a lot of our travel plans. I hope your 3rd try is the charm!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if you could see it all even with a full week! Lol I remember both there and at Victoria and Albert having to strategically pick sections I “most” wanted to see.

That sounds like a fabulous exhibit.

I was such a history nerd when I visited London. Lol I was even excited studying- and I do mean studying- the stained glass at St George’s in Windsor. Lol [emoji23] I loved that cathedral.

So- I’m sure they had a great time. It must be fabulous to live in a city with such truly extraordinary collections. Not up mention all the access they must have to behind the scenes extras, etc.
Oh, I'd be an illegal visitor living in the museum, so when I'm unable to see everything, I'll just extend my stay since no one will know I'm there anyway.

I was a history nerd as well. I remember my cousin announcing that she was never going anywhere with me again after our visit to the Tower of London. Starting the next day. She hated anything to do with history. Well, the next day we visited the Westminster Abbey and I had a good laugh. She was fascinated, tugging me along like a puppy on a leash. Quite the reversal of the roles...

I wonder if they can really appreciate living in such a city. Perhaps the Duchess did one time, in her first days there. I'm not sure about the Duke. To him, it would only be natural. When I see my own Sofia through foreigners' eyes, I am reminded that it has a rich and ancient history. I remember an American friend mesmerized by a 4th century church. To me, it's just the environment, most of the time. Unless I make a point to visit.

Oh, I'd be an illegal visitor living in the museum, so when I'm unable to see everything, I'll just extend my stay since no one will know I'm there anyway.

I was a history nerd as well. I remember my cousin announcing that she was never going anywhere with me again after our visit to the Tower of London. Starting the next day. She hated anything to do with history. Well, the next day we visited the Westminster Abbey and I had a good laugh. She was fascinated, tugging me along like a puppy on a leash. Quite the reversal of the roles...

I wonder if they can really appreciate living in such a city. Perhaps the Duchess did one time, in her first days there. I'm not sure about the Duke. To him, it would only be natural. When I see my own Sofia through foreigners' eyes, I am reminded that it has a rich and ancient history. I remember an American friend mesmerized by a 4th century church. To me, it's just the environment, most of the time. Unless I make a point to visit.

True. I think locals tend to take for granted what’s in their area. I live in a big city….but it’s not London. It’s definitely not a prime tourist destination either. I really can’t think of a city comparable to London. There is just so much right there between museums and historic sites alone.

Lol Westminster is definitely extraordinary. I thoroughly enjoyed the Tower too. (I took more than a couple of looks at the Crown Jewels. They were amazing to see in person.)

The Duchess of Gloucester attend at the annual Friends Festival of St Paul's Cathedral last night

"Yesterday we were delighted to hold our annual Friends Festival attended by HRH The Duchess of Gloucester. HRH met with clergy, staff and choristers to hear about their experiences of the pandemic, and has been Patron of the Friends since 2003"

Last edited:
Yesterday, July 15, the Duke of Gloucester as Royal Colonel of the 6th Battalion The Rifles visited the Infantry Training Centre in Catterick to mark its 25th anniversary:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

On September 3 the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester attended the Miners Memorial dedication at the National Memorial Arboretum in Staffordshire:

She seems nice and a hard worker.

Last edited:
They really are a hardworking couple and I admire the manner in which they do that they just get on ..... I have always admired them

Last edited:
"Yesterday, Princess Alexandra attended a reception at @RBHCharity in London.

Her Royal Highness spoke to hospital employees and viewed an art installation designed by staff, inspired by their experiences of working in intensive care throughout the pandemic."

The Duke of Gloucester visited the Leaves of Southwell project in Southwell Minster:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Last edited:
The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester attended the Lord Mayor’s Big Curry Lunch Reception at Mansion House, London yesterday evening:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Last edited:
The Duke of Gloucester as Vice Royal Patron of the Almshouse Association recently visited Le Personne Homes in Caterham, Surrey for its 80th anniversary:

Last edited:
Yesterday, September 23, the Duke of Gloucester as Patron of Canine Partners for Independence officially opened the Kennel Blocks at the Midlands Training Centre, Osgathorpe, Leicestershire:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom