The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester Current Events 2: January 2006-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
INDEPENDENT online

The Duke of Gloucester will visit Malta from 13 to 16 April. The visit, which is part of the Royal tour to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee of the Queen, coincides with celebrations taking place to mark the 70th anniversary of the award of the George Cross to Malta by King George VI. This is the duke’s first visit to Malta, although his father, the late Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester, came here in November 1947 and February 1962.

The Duchess of Gloucester met the Great Britain Team during day one of the Davis Cup match between Great Britain and Belgium.
The match took place at the Braehead Arena on April 6, 2012 in Glasgow, Scotland.
- The Duchess of Gloucester
- The Duchess of Gloucester 2

Last edited:
I love the Duchess, she appears to be so lovely. She and Richard have undertaken their duties since marriage so privately and they go so unrecognised and unappreciated. It is a real shame, but I imagine they both prefer it. They could walk down the street and no one would know who they were, which I think they like.

The Duke of Gloucester is on a visit to Malta from 13 to 16 April 2012 as part of the royal tour to celebrate
the Diamond Jubilee of the Queen. The visit will coincide with celebrations to mark the 70th anniversary of
the award of the George Cross to Malta by King George VI.

After his arrival today the Duke of Gloucester met with President George Abela and Prime Minister Lawrence
Gonzi - a video and some more information can be found here:

** timesofmalta.com: Duke of Gloucester starts Malta tour **

She is a class act IMO also just love her suit the peplum jacket gorgeous.

:heart::heart::heart: her suit! So ladylike. Somehow, she reminds me of Helen Mirren(sp) in these photos (although I doubt Ms. Mirren would dress so conservatively).

Duke of Gloucester Interview

Rare interview given by the Duke of Gloucester to a Bronx, USA student reporter (HRH The Duke of Gloucester - YouTube). Formerly Prince Richard of Gloucester, he was the younger brother of Prince William of Gloucester - aka the Forgotten Prince William - who died in a tragic accident at 30 years old.

On May 14 the Duke of Gloucester as Patron travelled along the Severn Valley Railway from Kidderminster Town Station to
Bewdley Railway Station to mark the 150th anniversary of the opening of the railway between Hartlebury and Shrewsbury,
he visited West Midland Safari Park and the Shrub Hill Workshop, Worcester, Worcestershire.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** worcesternews.co.uk: Duke pops in to arts workshop **

** BBC: Duke of Gloucester marks Severn Valley Railway's 150th year **

Duke of Gloucester visit to the SVR 14/05/12 - YouTube

All good stuff here the Gloucester's really work hard quietly supporting the Queen and His Grace looks really handsome in the uniform.

I really like the Duke; there's something so kindly and professorial about his looks. I understand he was formerly an engineer before he assumed the title.

Last edited by a moderator:
The dukes daughter Davina has recently given birth to a son. No name announced.

:previous:

Great news, thanks for sharing!

On May 24, the Duchess of Gloucester attended the annual The Not Forgotten Association Garden Party
for eligible service veterans at Buckingham Palace.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** NFA gallery **

Thank you Ice Flower. Ooh my, the Duchess of Gloucester does look incredibly chic in this outfit. It is such a refreshing shade of pale lemon which almost borders on a subtle lime green. Absolutely exquisite. I also love her elegant hat.

The Duke of Gloucester has visited the Isle of Wight and among several other events presented the Queen's Award for Voluntary Service to members of Shanklin Theatre and Community Trust and the Isle of Wight Steam Railway, marking the contribution unpaid volunteers make to both. The award ceremony on July 3 took place at Osborne House, the Duke's great great grandparents' former home.

Here's a nice large gallery from a local photo agency:

** wightphoto.com: Queens Awards Osborne House **

The Duchess of Gloucester as Patron of "Friends of St Paul's Cathedral" attended the 60 Anniversary Annual Festival Service
at St Paul's Cathedral, London, on July 4, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

On September 6 the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester were in Rotherham. The Duke of Gloucester toured the Greasborough Road factory and "visited the Rotherham Hospice and along with the Duchess of Gloucester, enjoyed a garden party at Clifton Park and visited the headquarters of children's charity, Safe@Last and the Lifewise Centre, the interactive learning centre based at Hellaby and run by South Yorkshire Police and South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue".

** rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk: Royals back at Rotherham Hospice: VIDEO **

** rothbiz.co.uk: News: Beatson Clark showcases Rotherham manufacturing to royal visitor **

HRH the Duke and the Duchess of Gloucester visit Finland's capital Helsinki on 19 - 20 September.
The visit is linked to Helsinki’s status as World Design Capital 2012 and the 200th anniversary of Helsinki as the Capital of Finland. Additionally, the visit accommodates the Royal couple’s interest in design and architecture.
During the visit, Their Royal Highnesses will meet the Finnish President Sauli Niinistö and his spouse Jenni Haukio and they will also call on Helsinki City Mayor, Jussi Pajunen.
Their Royal Hignesses will visit Helsinki landmarks like the Olympic Stadium and will be introduced to well known Finnish brands with visits to the Design Museum and the Finnish design house Marimekko.
HRH the Duke and the Duchess of Gloucester in Helsinki 19 - 20 September

Daisiesforever, I agree that the outfit of the Duchess at the "Not Forgotten" garden party was absolutely scrumptious! I might go so far as to say it was the best royal daytime outfit I have ever seen! This lovely lady, in her sixties, is an amazing credit to the family. And remember, she was one of the "commoners" who joined The Firm. Trace back to her wedding to Prince Richard, six weeks before his brother Prince William died.
She looked like a scared little mouse, but a determined little mouse, in that room full of
royalty, including Prince Charles, the Queen Mum, and Princess Margaret. Mouse no more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom