The British Nobility thread 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a sad story! But I hope that his son will now be able to get the title.

It's a sad story all round, particularly for Sandra Rivett, the murdered nanny, and her family. I also feel for Lady Lucan and hope her children will reconcile with her one day.

Indeed very sad story for everyone.

Was it ever determined if the blood in his car belonged to the nanny, Lord Lucan or Lady Lucan?

There must be more to the story if the children have not spoken to their mother since 1982.

Yeah, I have to say that thirtythree years is a long time to not speak to your mother. But I wonder if she maybe hurt them before she was commited and lost the custody?

The Dowager Marchioness of Cholmondeley, née Lavinia Margaret Leslie, died on 7 November 2015, at the age of 94.
She was born in 1921, the daughter of Lt-Col John Leslie and of his wife (née Margaret Gilliat). She married in 1947 to Hugh Cholmondeley, who later succeeded as the 6th Marquess of Choldmondeley. They became parents of three daughters and one son and remained married until the Marquess died in 1990.
She is survived by her daughters Lady Rose, Lady Margot and Lady Caroline, her son the 7th Marquess of Cholmondeley and their families.

Peerage News: Lavinia Marchioness of Cholmondeley dies aged 94

Charles Innes-Kerr, Marquess of Bowmont and Cessford, and his girlfriend Morvarid Sahafi are expecting their first child together.
Lord Bowmont, 34, is the eldest son and heir of the Duke of Roxburghe. He has been shortly married to the Hon. Charlotte Aitkens, daughter of Lord and Lady Beaverbrook, in 2011, but they split after just about one year of marriage.
He has been dating Miss Sahafi for one year. She is an Iranian fashion designer. The couple doesn't plan to marry.

Ben Cohen slashes the price of his marital home so he can 'start afresh' next year | Daily Mail Online

Charles Innes-Kerr, Marquess of Bowmont and Cessford, and his girlfriend Morvarid Sahafi are expecting their first child together.
Lord Bowmont, 34, is the eldest son and heir of the Duke of Roxburghe. He has been shortly married to the Hon. Charlotte Aitkens, daughter of Lord and Lady Beaverbrook, in 2011, but they split after just about one year of marriage.
He has been dating Miss Sahafi for one year. She is an Iranian fashion designer. The couple doesn't plan to marry.

Ben Cohen slashes the price of his marital home so he can 'start afresh' next year | Daily Mail Online

Therefor the child will be illegitimate and if a son not in line to the dukedom, that could create all sorts of ill feeling later on. A somewhat selfish thing to do in my opinion.

The DM article says the baby is a girl so she wouldn't inherit the dukedom anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Therefor the child will be illegitimate and if a son not in line to the dukedom, that could create all sorts of ill feeling later on. A somewhat selfish thing to do in my opinion.

The father isn't divorced from his first wife, so he can't really marry his girlfriend.

Last edited:
When she came back, Charlie told her the marriage was over. She is devastated. She's a Catholic and took her vows very seriously,
Well, I don't see why she would like to keep her wows to a husband, who is clearly serious about another woman and expects a child with her. Then again, I guess I'm not Catholic.

This isn't the 30s, can't he file for divorce even if his wife doesn't want to? The divorce would be legal but just not recognised by the Catholic Church.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

.. Of course he can divorce her, even if she doesn't want to - it just takes longer...

Sorry, but isn't it possible that the couple has quietly divorced sometime in the past three years and simply the thing hasn't been made public?
This would explain why Lord Bowmont and Miss Sahafi told that they don't plan to marry.

Such situation for the British upper class is typical.

The 6th Earl of Erne, who has died aged 78, was for 25 years the Queen’s representative in Co Fermanagh, Northern Ireland, and the owner of Crom Castle, on the shores of Upper Lough Erne, which in 2013 became the setting for Blandings, the BBC’s adaptation of the PG Wodehouse stories, starring Jennifer Saunders and Timothy Spall.

The Earl of Erne, obituary - Telegraph

The Earl of Erne was in my humble opinion a gentleman. May he rest in peace.

She was a member of one of the most glamorous, eccentric families the British upper classes have ever known.

Admirers of Deborah, the late Duchess of Devonshire, are to be given a glimpse into her remarkable personal life, as photographs by Sir Cecil Beaton are exhibited together at Chatsworth for the first time.

Rarely-seen Cecil Beaton photos celebrate life of Duchess of Devonshire, the last Mitford sister - Telegraph

The owners of stately home Goodwood House were attacked and tied up by a robber who stole more than £700,000 worth of heirlooms including a diamond ring that Charles II gave to his mistress, police said.

Lord March was struck over the head during the robbery, while his wife Lady March was forced to open the safe at their 17th century stately home in the early hours of the morning. The couple were then bound before the robber made his escape.
Read more: Lord and Lady March attacked and bound by robber who stole heirlooms worth £700k from Goodwood House - ITV News

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Ceawlin Weymouth and Lady Emma Weymouth attended The Art of Elysium 2016 HEAVEN Gala presented by Vivienne Westwood & Andreas Kronthaler at 3LABS in Culver City, California, on January 9:

** Pic **

Last edited:
The Earl of Sandwich and Viscount Hinchingbrooke talk about their plans

PROPOSALS to improve facilities at an historic west Dorset house have been submitted to planners.

Mapperton House near Beaminster will open its doors from Easter until Hallowe'en - as the owners hope to have completed their first phase of improvements by the end of the year.

Mapperton House has been the home of the Earl and Countess of Sandwich for the past 30 years - with management of the historic house and estate now passing to their son, Viscount Hinchingbrooke, who intends to turn the property into a more widely-known tourist destination.
Read more: Plans to improve Mapperton House for visitors (From Bridport and Lyme Regis News)

Sorry, but isn't it possible that the couple has quietly divorced sometime in the past three years and simply the thing hasn't been made public?
This would explain why Lord Bowmont and Miss Sahafi told that they don't plan to marry.

Everything I've seen and read about Charlie screams that he has issues w/commitment. And now there is a baby. I hope he doesn't turn out to be one of those guys who is very comfortable w/walking away from a 'family' unit (which is what he & his girlfriend will be regardless of marriage) when it suits him.

Back
Top Bottom