The British Nobility thread 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wouldn't one of the babies have been removed first? If so, maybe no-one remembers which one it was. Ah! The interesting questions that occur reading TRF. :D
The trouble is, even though they know which one was removed first, it was human intervention that delivered the children and that is not normally the way inheritance rules work. Didn't the doctors or nurses notice which child was nearest the natural exit (so to speak)?:D I can see this causing problems as the boys grow, because it will appear the parents chose one over the other. Terrible dilemma though!

I am probably way off base here but I seem to remember reading once - back in the Dark Ages of the 1970s - that when multiple births are delivered by c-section it means that the child who is intended to be born second actually comes first and vice versa. It is also normal (but not always) for the larger twin to be born first so taking the larger twin by birth weight would also mean that they are taking the child intended to be born first if a natural birth had occurred.

Iluvbertie may have hit on the reason for the decision to be made according to birth weight.

But I still foresee lots of fights deteriorating into ugly screaming matches with the second born screeching "I've got just as much right to it as you have and you were only chosen because you're fat!":D

:previous: I wonder, in years to come, if we will see a challenge through the courts?
----------------------
On the face of it, he was a man who had the world at his feet. But the real life of John Hervey, the 7th Marquess of Bristol, was one of chronic addiction - to sex, drugs and alcohol. In the first part of our riches-to-rags tale, his true story is told for the very first time - by the people who knew and loved him best...

:previous:this caught my eye: so strange...........

'He was obsessed with Rupert for a bit,' says a female friend; another speaks of the sight of the handsome Everett in a diamond choker.

Iluvbertie may have hit on the reason for the decision to be made according to birth weight.

But I still foresee lots of fights deteriorating into ugly screaming matches with the second born screeching "I've got just as much right to it as you have and you were only chosen because you're fat!":D
:lol:
They should just choose the one closer to the birth canal, unless they were side by side.

I am wondering if anyone could assist me, I'm looking for a Picture of Deborah Duchess of Devonshire in her Coronation Robes 1953 or any other Rare Photograph of Debo Dowager Duchess of Devonshire Thanks

I am rather surprised that there is not a copy of the 1953 studio sitting portrait of Deborah Devonshire with Stoker in his outfit as her page on the Google images files!

I am pretty sure that Chatsworth would happily provide you with a copy of one of the photographs from that sitting for a nominal fee! I doubt Lismore have the facilities to offer such a service!

I wish I could be more helpful! There are various other photographs of Deborah at Google images which you may also find useful! Although I am pretty sure you have already had a good look through there!

Sorry I can not be more helpful

Tinkerty Tonk

End of a very private affair between Tara Palmer-Tomkinson and her Churchill

Relations are already cooling between Tara Palmer-Tomkinson and her toyboy lover Alexander Spencer-Churchill after just a month together.

Friends say Ali, 26, prefers his privacy and would rather have a relationship out of the spotlight.

‘He likes to keep his private life just that,’ said a well-placed source.

Katie Nicholl is ever so entertaining. Wasn't she the one who 'revealed' the world exclusive that Ali was supposedly dating Pippa Middleton about a month ago? :whistling:

Tara and Ali are not closest friends but they are on good terms and both belong to the same circle of friends (as well as social set).
They are not (and weren't) in a relationship. For around a year now, Ali has been involved with someone else. She's from the same set as Ali but it is not Tara and not even Pippa (sorry Katie).

One thing KN did get right though; Ali is really a very private person, who happens to have 2 of the most recognizable surnames in the UK.

It has never been publically revealed whom Ali is dating; since they are not exactly public people or celebrities, there seemed no point of ‘revealing’ anything. It is hardly a secret though, it’s just that Ali is a very private person and does try to keep his private life out of spotlight, insofar that is possible.
Still, if Katie Nicholl had a ‘source’ which was as much as acquainted with anyone from Ali’s set, she’d have no problems with identifying his girlfriend.

The lady he's dating is in her early 20's and they have been good friends for many years.

Last edited:
This must be the most eclectic (or mixed up) thread ever. Say what you mean and mean what you say, innuendo isn't realy interesting.

Do you know them personally then Marcel?:flowers:

LOL.. first of all, Alexander was born in 1974. He is a year older than me. That is an easy piece of information to find, which makes him 35, NOT in his twenties or a toy boy....where does she get this stuff?

Where does Marsel say he is in his twenties............

LOL.. first of all, Alexander was born in 1974. He is a year older than me. That is an easy piece of information to find, which makes him 35, NOT in his twenties or a toy boy....where does she get this stuff?

If you read the article..it is in there... ;-)

"Friends say Ali, 26, prefers his privacy and would rather have a relationship out of the spotlight."

This was from the newspaper posting on the previous page.

Marquess of Cholmondeley's heir is declared

Mandrake reported last month on the dilemma facing the Marquess of Cholmondeley and his wife, Rose, 25, following the birth of their twin sons.

I recounted how the couple had decided that it would be the son who was heaviest at birth who would be the eighth marquess. However, it is now understood that the identity of the heir was determined by the order of birth and the medical records made by the hospital.

Why would that be debatable? Even with a Caesarean, one twin is still a couple minutes older. They're never born at exactly the same time. :ermm:

Scottish - Duke of Tr.otternish?

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to put this but I was wondering if someone could either help me, or point me in the right direction for where I can find this information. I need to learn if there is a Scottish Duke titled the Duke of Tro.ttern.ish, and if so, what is the name of the person who currently holds this title. I have been led to believe this person is associated with "Dunv.egan" and the Isle of Skye.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've been led in many confusing directions.

Thank you much

A man named Douglass I believe, he has one daughter and 4 grandchildren. :)

Thank you lumutqueen,

I found this much with a basic internet search, which is why I am here in this specified forum. I can find nothing more, and have found what you have written here on only 1 page on the internet in my searches.

The Curzon Sister's

Hi all, hope you all had a lovely Christmas and are not too stuffed from all the food. Anyway I was wondering if anyone had any information on these three extrodinary sisters and wonderful Photos to match. The Youngest was a God-Daughter to Queen Alexandra , The Lady Alexandra Curzon (Baba Metcalfe) whose husband was equiry to Duke of Windsor (King Edward VIII) . Much Appreciated , Many Thanks Ste

Hi all, hope you all had a lovely Christmas and are not too stuffed from all the food. Anyway I was wondering if anyone had any information on these three extrodinary sisters and wonderful Photos to match. The Youngest was a God-Daughter to Queen Alexandra , The Lady Alexandra Curzon (Baba Metcalfe) whose husband was equiry to Duke of Windsor (King Edward VIII) . Much Appreciated , Many Thanks Ste

Mary Irene Curzon, 2nd Baroness Ravensdale CBE (20 January, 1896 – 9 February, 1966) was the eldest child of George Nathaniel Curzon, 1st Marquess Curzon of Kedleston and Mary Victoria Leiter, a daughter of Levi Zeigler Leiter. She inherited her father's Barony of Ravensdale and was created a life peer as Baroness Ravensdale of Kedleston, in Derbyshire in 1958 - this allowed her to sit in the House of Lords prior to the passing of the Peerage Act 1963, which allowed suo jure hereditary peeresses to enter.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2d/Mary_Irene_Curzon.jpg

Lady Cynthia Blanche ("Cimmie") Mosley (23 August 1898 – 16 May 1933) was a British politician of Anglo-American parentage and the first wife of Conservative MP, Labour MP and British fascist Sir Oswald Mosley, Bt.
Born Cynthia Blanche Curzon at Kedleston Hall, she was the second daughter of Hon. George Curzon (created Marquess Curzon of Kedleston in 1921) and his first wife, Mary Victoria Leiter, an American department-store heiress.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a9/Oswald_&_Cynthia_Mosley_1920.jpg

Lady Alexandra Naldera Curzon, CBE (20 April 1904 - 7 August 1995)
Alexandra was conceived in July 1903 at Naldehra 25 km from Shimla, perhaps after a high altitude game of golf. Her mother died in 1906 when she was only two years old. Her father's Indian servants called her "Baba Sahib", "the Viceroy's baby", and she was thereafter best known as "Baba".
She was the first love of Prince George, Duke of Kent but in 1925 she married Major Edward Dudley Metcalfe, the best friend and equerry of George's older brother, Edward VIII. She had a son, David Metcalfe, and twin daughters.
She later became a mistress of Oswald Mosley, her sister Cynthia's husband, as did their stepmother, Grace., She had affairs with Jock Whitney, Michael Lubbock, Walter Monckton and Charles Duncombe, 3rd Earl of Feversham. Before World War II she earned the sobriquet Baba Blackshirt, and for a while played a murky role as a semiwitting go-between for Mosley and her other lover at the time, Dino Grandi, Mussolini's ambassador to London, while simultaneously enjoying the romantic devotion of the foreign secretary, Lord Halifax who was staying at the same Dorchester Hotel as Alexandra and her sister.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3270/2476889899_b16c9d64c6.jpg?v=0

If anyone is interested in the Curzon's sisters, they should check out The Viceroy's Daughters, its a pretty good book. Also the book about the Mitfords, touches on Cimmie and Diana's common husband, Oswald Moseley. Very interesting as well.

In other news:

At 94, the Duke of Wellington will be delighted and relieved to learn he does not have to worry about his mighty title continuing down the generations - his grandson, Arthur, the Earl of Mornington, has proudly informed him he has become a great-grandfather of twins - and one is a boy.

Babies Mae Madeleine and Arthur Darcy were delivered last week at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and their mother, make-up artist Jemma Kidd, 35, sister of supermodel Jodie and whose great-grandfather was newspaper tycoon Lord Beaverbrook, was allowed home yesterday.

'They are absolutely perfect. The boy looks like his father and the girl looks like Jemma. It couldn't be better,' says proud grandmother Wendy Kidd, who has temporarily abandoned her plantation house in Barbados, where she organises the island's annual arts festival each spring, to help with nappy chores. 'Everything went to plan. We are all absolutely thrilled.'

The babies are Wendy's ninth and tenth grandchild. Their names are mostly family ones - both the Duke and his eldest son, the Marquess of Douro, the twins' grandfather, are called Arthur, and Darcy is a Kidd family name, as is Madeleine.

'I am not sure where the Mae comes from,' adds Wendy. 'It's just a name they liked.'

:previous:
What beautiful names.
Congratulations to the couple and The Duke of Wellington on becoming a great-grandad. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom