The British Nobility thread 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The grandmother of the groom you mean?

Lady Brigid Guinness was the daughter of the Earl of Iveagh an an Anglo-Irish noble.
His mother is the daughter of Lord Mancroft.

British Prime Minister marries his longtime partner!

It is reported that the marriage took place, 29 May, 2021, at Westminster Cathedral, between the Rt Hon [Alexander] Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, PC, MP [born 19 June, 1964], Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, and descended from the Royal House of Wurttemberg, son of Stanley Patrick Johnson [born 18 Aug, 1940], by his wife the former Charlotte Maria Offlow Fawcett [born May, 1942], & Carrie Symonds [born 17 March, 1988], illegitimate daughter of Matthew Symonds [born 20 Dec, 1953], by Josephine McAfee.

The bride is a granddaughter of John Cowburn Beavan, Baron Ardwick [1910-94], life peer. It is the prime minister's third marriage.

Boris Johnson is the first prime minister to marry in office since the Earl of Liverpool in 1822.

Source: Peerage News

It is reported that the marriage took place, 29 May, 2021, at Westminster Cathedral, between the Rt Hon [Alexander] Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, PC, MP [born 19 June, 1964], Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, and descended from the Royal House of Wurttemberg, son of Stanley Patrick Johnson [born 18 Aug, 1940], by his wife the former Charlotte Maria Offlow Fawcett [born May, 1942], & Carrie Symonds [born 17 March, 1988], illegitimate daughter of Matthew Symonds [born 20 Dec, 1953], by Josephine McAfee.

The bride is a granddaughter of John Cowburn Beavan, Baron Ardwick [1910-94], life peer. It is the prime minister's third marriage.

Boris Johnson is the first prime minister to marry in office since the Earl of Liverpool in 1822.

Source: Peerage News

I'm actually surprised that Boris Johnson and Carrie Symonds married not long (4-5 days) after The Sun's revelation that they would get married in July 2022. To be fair, the article mentioned "a lavish bash" on July 2022, which could have been large reception after a small, private wedding. Yes, I know that The Sun is not a reliable source, but other more reputable newspapers start picking this rumour up.

WAIT WEDDING Boris Johnson and Carrie Symonds ‘will celebrate their wedding’ next summer
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/15046794/boris-johnson-carrie-symonds-2022-wedding/

The Marchioness of Bath attended the inaugural British Ballet Charity Gala presented by Dame Darcey Bussell at The Royal Albert Hall on June 3:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** rex gallery **

Last edited:
The Marchioness of Bath attended the unveiling of the Zimmermann Resort 22 Collection at Harry's Bar in London today, June 10:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited:
Ceawlin and Emma have now become the Marquess and Marchioness of Bath since the previous Marquess died last year.

I suppose their elder son is now Viscount Weymouth.

The Marchioness of Bath attend a drinks reception celebrating 2021 BFC/GQ Designer Menswear Fund winner Priya Ahluwalia during London Fashion Week June 2021 yesterday, June 14:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

Ceawlin and Emma have now become the Marquess and Marchioness of Bath since the previous Marquess died last year.

I suppose their elder son is now Viscount Weymouth.

I'm curious - what is the pronunciation of the Marquess's forename? Is it a variant of Colin, or something completely different?

I'm curious - what is the pronunciation of the Marquess's forename? Is it a variant of Colin, or something completely different?

Hopefully this will answer your query

It's the name of an ancient king of Wessex. Why his parents chose it, I have no idea. If they wanted the name of a king of Wessex, you'd think Alfred would have done much better :) .

AFAIK, he pronounces it See-AR-lin.

It's the name of an ancient king of Wessex. Why his parents chose it, I have no idea. If they wanted the name of a king of Wessex, you'd think Alfred would have done much better :) .

Most his predecessors were called Thomas ,John, Henry or Alexander ;)

Lots of Alfreds only one Ceawlin....

The Marchioness of Bath attended the Cartier Queen's Cup at Guard's Polo Club, Windsor Great Park, today, June 27:

** rex gallery **

Major General Alastair Bruce of Crionach, The Governor of Edinburgh Castle, married his boyfriend of twenty years Stephen Knott yesterday at St John's Episcopal Church in Edinburgh.
Alastair writes on Twitter: - "This would not have been possible in the British army I joined in 1979 and thanks to the Scottish Episcopal Church for making this joy possible in Scotland. Attitudes change but love is constant."

Major General Alastair Bruce of Crionach, The Governor of Edinburgh Castle, married his boyfriend of twenty years Stephen Knott yesterday at St John's Episcopal Church in Edinburgh.
Alastair writes on Twitter: - "This would not have been possible in the British army I joined in 1979 and thanks to the Scottish Episcopal Church for making this joy possible in Scotland. Attitudes change but love is constant."

Congratulations to the happy couple .

Best wishes to the couple.

Stephen Benn, 3rd Viscount Stansgate is now a member of the House of Lords replacing Nicolas Rea, 3rd Baron Rea, who passed away on 1st June 2020. Stephen Benn is the eldest son of Tony Benn, who famously disclaimed the peerage Viscount Stansgate on 31st July 1963. This was also the day when Peerage Act 1963 was passed, where women peeresses and all Scottish hereditary peers are permitted to sit in House of Lords and allowed newly inherited hereditary peerages to be disclaimed.

Tony Benn's second eldest son, Hillary Benn is the Labour MP (in the House of Commons) for Leeds Central.

Without even a vote, Tony Benn’s son reclaims his family seat in the Lords
Labour’s hard-left stalwart fought a long battle to renounce his peerage. Now his oldest child is to sit in the chamber
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...claims-his-family-seat-in-the-lords-ffmwftlp8
Archived link: https://archive.ph/4emKW

The Marquess and Marchioness of Bath attended the "Aline, The Voice Of Love" screening and a dinner hosted by Pomellato at Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc to celebrate The 2021 Cannes International Film Festival on July 13:

** gettyimages gallery 1 ** gettyimages gallery 2 **

Last edited:
Lady Clara Paget, daughter of 8th Marquess of Anglesey marries Oscar Tuttiett on 17th July 2021.

@clarapaget Verified
No idea where to begin...how do I say that was the best day of my life and you make me the happiest girl in the world without being cliche? You do. I am. I love you @oscartuttiett 17.07.21 ???
4d​
https://www.instagram.com/p/CRlj9IBp-Ku/

oscartuttiett
We did it! Worth every single day of the wait. Thank you to all our family & friends ? 11.5 years together. 6 days married ???*??*???? @clarapaget ???
2d​
https://www.instagram.com/p/CRrJyfEChUT/

Tatler has picked up the news and images from the wedding.

Lady Clara Paget weds Oscar Tuttiett in chic country wedding
The 32-year-old daughter of the 8th Marquess of Anglesey wed her Burberry model beau in front of guests including Lady Mary Charteris and Jaime Winstone
https://www.tatler.com/article/clara-paget-wedding-pictures

Congratulations to the happy couple sadly there was no tiara for us avid jewel watchers.

Lady Jemima Herbert (daughter of The 17th Earl of Pembroke and sister of The (current) 18th Earl of Pembroke) married Hugo Davies last Friday (20th August) at the Palladian family seat of Wilton House. Lady Jemima wore the Pembroke Sapphire and Diamond tiara for the occasion.

The Earl of Pembroke’s sister was married at her family seat, Wilton House, on Friday
The Earl of Pembroke’s sister wore the Pembroke Sapphire and Diamond tiara for the spectacular high society occasion – attended by Lady Kitty Spencer, Viscount Althorp et al
https://www.tatler.com/article/lady-jemima-herbert-hugo-davies-wedding-wilton-house-salisbury

Lady Jemima Herbert marries Hugo Davies
https://peeragenews.blogspot.com/2021/08/lady-jemima-herbert-marries-hugo-davies.html

Congratulation to the newly wedded couple! :flowers:

Last edited:
What a really beautiful location and church for the wedding :previous:

Back
Top Bottom