The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-23-2020, 01:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

India Hicks on her Instagram:

"Lots of questions asking if my mother still has the dress she wore as a bridesmaid to the Queen. She does. See it here on the table in front of us. Next to the one I wore to Charles and Diana’s wedding."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH7uXhQHeht/

Old 11-23-2020, 03:16 PM
Serene Highness

Wonderful photos of mother and daughter and the bridesmaid dresses!

Old 11-24-2020, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC21091968 View Post

Wonderful photos of mother and daughter and the bridesmaid dresses!
India and her mother Lady Pamela Hicks look very alike.
Old 12-07-2020, 02:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

India Hicks yesterday on her Instagram:

"Today I should be David’s wife. Yesterday we were meant to get married.
Way back in early September we set the date for our tiny wedding. We sent out invitations, designed dresses, and debated vows (to obey or not to obey?)
But as the weeks past the romance did slightly slip away. I think the crunch came when our priest told us we could not have hymns that might be humable - humable hymns are not Covid protocol.
And so we will wait a little while longer, which is OK because we’ve already waited 25 years."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIdyKVfn8td/
Old 12-07-2020, 03:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
India Hicks yesterday on her Instagram:

"Today I should be David’s wife. Yesterday we were meant to get married.
Way back in early September we set the date for our tiny wedding. We sent out invitations, designed dresses, and debated vows (to obey or not to obey?)
But as the weeks past the romance did slightly slip away. I think the crunch came when our priest told us we could not have hymns that might be humable - humable hymns are not Covid protocol.
And so we will wait a little while longer, which is OK because we’ve already waited 25 years."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIdyKVfn8td/
Still cold feet after 25 years but obviously their relationship has worked for this long, why fix it if it isn't broken. Perhaps the wedding will happen post covid, when they can have a good sized church wedding and not only hum but actually sing.
Old 12-09-2020, 09:58 PM
Serene Highness

Maddison May Modupe-Ojo (great-granddaughter of Louis Mountbatten, 1st Earl Mountbatten of Burma and granddaughter of Lady Pamela Hicks) did an interview with Tatler, which will be feature in the January Issue.

Lord Mountbatten’s great-granddaughter opens up in the January issue
Maddison May Modupe-Ojo steps into the limelight armed with the wisdom – and wardrobe – of her grandmother Lady Pamela Hicks
https://www.tatler.com/article/maddi...dy-pamela-hick
Old 12-09-2020, 10:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC21091968 View Post
Maddison May Modupe-Ojo (great-granddaughter of Louis Mountbatten, 1st Earl Mountbatten of Burma and granddaughter of Lady Pamela Hicks) did an interview with Tatler, which will be feature in the January Issue.

Lord Mountbatten’s great-granddaughter opens up in the January issue
Maddison May Modupe-Ojo steps into the limelight armed with the wisdom – and wardrobe – of her grandmother Lady Pamela Hicks
https://www.tatler.com/article/maddi...dy-pamela-hick
I had forgotten India Hicks has an older sister Edwina Hicks Bruddenell, the mother of Maddison, featured in Tatler. I've always considered their mother, Lady Pamela Mountbatten now 91 and her husband David Hicks (deceased) quite avant garde as well are their three children. Now, it appears grandaughter Maddison is a "chip off the old block".
Old 12-30-2020, 11:38 PM
Serene Highness

Lady Pamela Hicks has received the COVID-19 vaccine, according to India Hick's instagram post
@indiahicksstyle Verified
Today my mother received the vaccine, from her local doctor, in the local village, all via the NHS.
I asked her if I could post this image, because it gives me a sense of hope. She absolutely agreed. We all need a slither of hope right now, most especially for everyone tightly locked down again in England.
As my mother often quotes ‘Face the sun and the shadows will fall behind you’
8h
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJb0yGonvuz/
Old 12-31-2020, 11:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

New great-grandson for Lady Pamela Hicks!

Maddison Brudenell (b.16 May 1994) [daughter of Edwina Hicks (b.1961) {herself daughter of Lady Pamela Mountbatten (b.1929) & her late husband David Hicks (1929-1998)} & her husband Jeremy Brudenell (b.1960)] & her husband Olaoluwa Olamide Modupe-Ojo (b.1991) had their third child, a son, on 18 December.

A brother for Daphne Ogoluwa (26-11-2016) & Phoebe Abidemi (15-12-2018).

Sources: https://royalmusingsblogspotcom.blog...ewest-qvd.html
Descendants of Princess Julie von Battenberg
https://www.instagram.com/p/CI-osLtBfQI/
Old 12-31-2020, 04:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Maddison Brudenell (b.16 May 1994) [daughter of Edwina Hicks (b.1961) {herself daughter of Lady Pamela Mountbatten (b.1929) & her late husband David Hicks (1929-1998)} & her husband Jeremy Brudenell (b.1960)] & her husband Olaoluwa Olamide Modupe-Ojo (b.1991) had their third child, a son, on 18 December.

A brother for Daphne Ogoluwa (26-11-2016) & Phoebe Abidemi (15-12-2018).

Sources: https://royalmusingsblogspotcom.blog...ewest-qvd.html
Descendants of Princess Julie von Battenberg
https://www.instagram.com/p/CI-osLtBfQI/
Congratulation to Maddison & Olaoluwa Olamide Modupe-Ojo, parents for the third time!!! The giraffe, zebra and dinosaur on the baby's clothes look adorable.
Old 01-25-2021, 05:18 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Property from the Family Collection of the late Countess Mountbatten will be offered for sale at Sotheby’s in London on March 24th 2021.

The 350 items will include Jewellery, Furniture, Paintings, Sculpture, Chinese Works of Art, Silver, Ceramics & Objets d’Art.

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auct...urma?locale=en
Old 03-01-2021, 06:15 PM
Majesty

The Royal Family attended the preview of the film about Louis Mountbatten in 1968.
Old 03-19-2021, 12:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

""The Family Collection Of Patricia Knatchbull, 2nd Countess Mountbatten of Burma" At Sotheby's - Photocall

Over 350 lots from Patricia and her husband John’s eighteenth-century home Newhouse, will be offered for sale with estimates ranging from 80,000GBP - 100,000GBP"

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...thebys_london?
Old 03-23-2021, 08:36 AM
Serene Highness

For anyone who's got access to ITV, Pamela Hicks and India Hicks are doing a programme next Thursday (April 1st). It looks like it's just going to be them reminiscing about the Queen, Prince Philip, and Charles and Diana's wedding, but it might be interesting anyway!
Old 03-23-2021, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
For anyone who's got access to ITV, Pamela Hicks and India Hicks are doing a programme next Thursday (April 1st). It looks like it's just going to be them reminiscing about the Queen, Prince Philip, and Charles and Diana's wedding, but it might be interesting anyway!
My Years with the Queen-looks very interesting!

Lady Pamela Hicks and her daughter India.

https://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1w...my-years-queen
Old 03-23-2021, 08:10 PM
Nobility

I just looked at the Sotheby's website and I saw that the Mountbatten family is selling several family portraits. Is the family broke? It is stunning what they're selling.
Old 03-24-2021, 12:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan D View Post
I just looked at the Sotheby's website and I saw that the Mountbatten family is selling several family portraits. Is the family broke? It is stunning what they're selling.
The estate of Patricia Mountbatten, who died in 2017, are selling off part of her estate including paintings, furniture and jewellery. It's all done according to her and her husband's wishes and seems standard these days to pay off death duties and make it easier to split up the inheritance between the children.
Old 04-02-2021, 11:58 AM
Royal Highness

They must have filmed it back around eya's post in #422.

Anything with Lady P is good times.

She's screamingly funny when she turns it back on India about getting into trouble at Gordonstoun.

There's a Victoria Milford Haven sighting in a great coat.

She's got a marvelous house.

There's a mongoose story...
There's a Queen Mary story...

It's basically worth watching/listening to, like all Lady Pamela stories. I can't imagine there are any more episodes planned, but if you want more I recommend their podcast.
Old 04-02-2021, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
Anything with Lady P is good times.

She's screamingly funny when she turns it back on India about getting into trouble at Gordonstoun.
I couldn't agree more and such an enjoyable insight.
Old 04-02-2021, 02:14 PM
Royal Highness

In either the podcast or her memoir, or both, she talks about how serving as one of her father's confidants meant that naturally he would do all the talking and she would listen. Between that and her own inclination for writing, Pamela seems to have become a fantastic raconteur somewhere over the past 75 years or so.

It's almost funny how she talks about HM being so self-effacing, which is well-known, but then I think she was the only person to be both a bridesmaid at the wedding and an attendant at the Coronation, let alone with her on the accession tour in-between. Pretty remarkable.

Tags
battenberg, lord brabourne, mountbatten, patricia mountbatten