The Battenberg - Mountbattens

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nothing like celebrating being happily together for 25 years as getting married!

Speaking of people not in the the Succession and assuming she has, would India be the person highest up the line to have adopted someone?

Speaking of people not in the the Succession and assuming she has, would India be the person highest up the line to have adopted someone?

Given India is around 280th-300th in line there is scope for others to have adopted above her

Have they announced a venue like Romsey Abbey or Broadlands?

Brightwell Baldwin Parish Church and afterwards The Lord Nelson Pub.

Ok not what I was expecting but I looked it up and it says The Lord Nelson Inn can be seen from the Parish church yard which is rather handy if there's a
sudden change in the weather!

Lady Tatiana Mountbatten attended the Gentleman's Journal back to work drinks party at The Cadogan Arms in London on September 9:

** Pic **

Last edited:
Ah, she was expelled from Gordonstoun... I hope they have a happy celebration.

I like her dress but the shoes look very uncomfortable.

Doesn't India look lovely and wonderful to see Lady Pamela too.

And the DM referred to her as Lady India Hicks at least the got her godfathers name correct.

So in love with India Hicks wedding dress!! The style, cut, color......everything. She looked outstanding! Perfection for me.

I suppose she'll be able to wear the family tiaras now that she's a no longer in-her-words 'sinful woman'. :flowers:

Guess we shall see!

She was not able to wear it before? I suppose there will be few occassions where to wear a tiara for her. When was the last time her mother was seen with one?

She didn't wear a tiara to her wedding, so I don't think that she has a great interest in tiara-wearing.

When did Lady Pamela stop to act as LiW? She hasn't been seen with a tiara since then, apart from her own wedding and the coronation, afaik. And neither her daughter-in-law nor her daughter Edwina have been seen wearing one (apart from Edwina wearing it as a bride).

She didn't wear a tiara to her wedding, so I don't think that she has a great interest in tiara-wearing.

When did Lady Pamela stop to act as LiW? She hasn't been seen with a tiara since then, apart from her own wedding and the coronation, afaik. And neither her daughter-in-law nor her daughter Edwina have been seen wearing one (apart from Edwina wearing it as a bride).

Are we sure the tiara is still in the Family. Perhaps it was sold like so many of the other Family Jewels.

I was actually thinking that too and from memory wasn't the Mountbatten tiara sold off ?

https://royalwatcherblog.com/2019/04/19/mountbatten-tiara/

I love the dress and the length of the dress, really modern !

The famous diamond tiara was indeed auctioned at Sotherby's in 2002, I think. But there is nothing known about a sale of the diamond and pearl tiara which Edwina wore in 1984. If that one is gone as well, there might have been the possibility to loan the famous star tiara from the Knatchbull cousins. It was last seen in 2016 at the wedding of The Hon. Alexandra Knatchbull.
But I tend to believe that India is a unconventional and independent spirit who prefered a more low-key wedding look. On the other hand her gown was very classy and elegant and would have gone well with a tiara, imho.

This diamond and pearl is believed to still be owned by Lady Pamela. but it hasn't been seen worn since the Wedding of her daughter Edwina in 1984.

Just a little under 40 years and hopefully still in the family.

She was not able to wear it before? I suppose there will be few occassions where to wear a tiara for her. When was the last time her mother was seen with one?

On either her podcast or an article where she and Lady P had to go hunt down some of the family jewelry India mentions tiaras, how they were traditionally only worn by married women, and how that put her out of the running. I suppose it was tongue-in-cheek since unmarried women do sometimes wear them now. It does actually imply that there is something she could wear.

I can understand not wanting one for your wedding at the parish church, but it will be interesting if her position changes at all.

Lady Tatiana Mountbatten attended the launch party for the partnership between GB Snowsport & Fusalp in London today, October 28:

** Pic **

Back
Top Bottom