The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-14-2020, 10:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
2012 was Las Vegas, right? Or am I mixing things up?

This is very interesting, TBH, 4 years of trending upwards, without any hitch. These last few years have trully made me forget how universally liked Harry was in the UK.
(Also, obvious congratulations to ELF for a job very well done )
He wasn't universally liked.....

Old 12-14-2020, 10:16 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
2012 was Las Vegas, right? Or am I mixing things up?

This is very interesting, TBH, 4 years of trending upwards, without any hitch. These last few years have trully made me forget how universally liked Harry was in the UK.
(Also, obvious congratulations to ELF for a job very well done )

Yes, and if I remember correctly, ELF started working for Harry shortly after that.

Old 12-17-2020, 05:50 AM
Courtier

Nicola Sturgeon (First Minister of Scotland and Leader of the Scottish National Party) did a press interview with Julie Etchingham from ITV on her view/support of the British Monarchy and clarifying the SNP's position. This was published on the 15th December.
Chris Ship @chrisshipitv
Replying to @chrisshipitv
Does Nicola Sturgeon support the Monarchy? Will Prince William be King of Scotland one day?
Questions from @julieetchitv to @NicolaSturgeon in her @itvnews interview.
She answers “these are questions that are ultimately for the people of Scotland to decide.” [Flag of Scotland]
11:09 PM · Dec 15, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/sta...18413091819524
Old 12-17-2020, 02:13 PM
Serene Highness

Very interesting comments from the First Minister.

When asked if the Cambridges were not welcome - “of course they're welcome"

On the perception that the her comments were (just) factual & bald
(ie unwelcoming/unenthusiastic) – "well look yes I'm sorry about that".

"I’m sure people were happy to see them here. The work that they do...…it"s hugely welcome”.

So those naysayers about the visit to Scotland have their response – from the horse’s mouth so to speak.

Although clearly she is a republican. Fair enough. It’s an honourable position to take. She won't state it directly though. At least not until after a yes vote if that's the result of some future referendum.
Old 12-21-2020, 06:49 AM
Courtier

I know that this video was published on 21st October and the interview/conference itself was conducted on 30th September. I apologise in advance for this late post and going back to politicians' view on the royal family.

Jacob Rees-Mogg (Leader of the House of Commons and Conservative MP for North East Somerset) did an interview with Rabbi Jeremy Lawrence on Zoom. The interview itself was on variety of topics and lasted an hour. Mr. Rees-Mogg was asked on the topic of Privy Council, value of the Monarchy and "qualities of The Queen that he admires"
Role of Leader of the House of Commons (14:38-15:06)
Role of Lord President of the Council (15:07-15:42)
Qualities of The Queen that Mr. Rees-Mogg admire & some interesting history (15:43-17:37)
Value of Monarchy to the country (17:39-18:40)
https://youtu.be/DANFbtfiS2w?t=878

This is quite a contrast to Nicola Sturgeon and Vaughan Gething's recent response when asked on the Monarchy. But then again, Mr. Rees-Mogg himself is a staunch monarchist, as evident in a parliamentary debate in 2011
https://www.conservativehome.com/lef....html#comments
https://publications.parliament.uk/p...10630-0003.htm