Summer Holidays at Balmoral: 2019 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
UK_zps6c589394.png

Arms of The British Monarch

Summer Holidays at Balmoral

From 2019 to 2022

Last edited by a moderator:
What a lovely event for the cousins to attend together.

Glad to see there is at least one younger male in the family who wears the kilt proudly and well!

It's nice to see them all at this event. IIRC Prince Charles is godfather to one of Lady Sarah's sons so it's probably nice that they got to catch up. I presume this means the Snowdons and Chattos are staying at Balmoral (or at least visiting for a little while) this summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Her Majesty The Queen Inspects The Guard of Honour at Balmoral Castle-

Will wonders ever cease?? Cruachan IV actually behaved himself today!! :D

Despite it being August the umbrella was very wise!

Is it just me or do HM's legs seem thinner? Either way it's lovely to see her at Balmoral!

Is it just me or do HM's legs seem thinner? Either way it's lovely to see her at Balmoral!

She may have gotten some rest. Her legs swell up a bit when she’s on them for far too long.

She may have gotten some rest. Her legs swell up a bit when she’s on them for far too long.

The heat seems to bother her as well, but it is quite temperate at Balmoral-between 50-60 degrees fahrenheit.

Court Circular 6th August:
Balmoral Castle

The Queen arrived at Balmoral Castle today, was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Aberdeenshire (Mr James Ingleby) and then inspected the Royal Guard found by Balaklava Company, The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders, 5th Battalion The Royal Regiment of Scotland.

Summer Holidays at Balmoral: 2019

The Queen, The Duke of York and Princess Beatrice were all at church today.

The rumours the Sussexes would be be joining them appear to be false.

Take with a massive pinch of salt, apparently Philip arrived early forcing Sarah to leave Balmoral early as he wont have her around

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ttish-retreat-Duke-Edinburgh-turns-early.html

I mean how Philip could suddenly just turn up is beyond me, more likely the DM got their initial facts wrong so had to come up with a reason he arrived and Sarah left earlier than they thought.

If Philip has just arrived though maybe we will yet see H&M there as maybe they waited for Philip to be there before visiting

Last edited:
The Queen, The Duke of York and Princess Beatrice were all at church today.

The rumours the Sussexes would be be joining them appear to be false.
Well, the DM article does say Andrew was joined by the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cambridge :bang:

The tabloids have, since she has been married to Andrew, always created stories about a rift between her and Philip - I mean, we are talking about the same people who even suggested he was responsible for Diana's death. I'd take this with an incredibly large pinch of salt. I still don't even think it was confirmed that Sarah was at Balmoral in the first place?

Sarah was seen arriving at Aberdeen airport. She wouldn't be there if she wasn't going to Balmoral at this time of the year. She always visits for Beatrice's birthday. The Queen wants to see her granddaughter for her birthday and Beatrice wants to see her mother on her birthday so this is the way to ensure that happens.

Sarah always goes up the first week and leaves either on the Saturday or Sunday with Philip arriving on the Sunday - after church.

We don't usually get pictures of Sarah after she arrives at the castle, only reports of her arriving and leaving from Aberdeen airport.

:previous: The Queen has imbued her children and grandchildren with a deep and abiding love of the lifestyle that Balmoral offers. Beatrice and Eugenie have both stated the loved their annual holidays there and still do.

I love the annual photos of members of the BRF at Scottish games. Somehow they always seem the most relaxed and are often snapped in gales of laughter.

:previous: The Queen has imbued her children and grandchildren with a deep and abiding love of the lifestyle that Balmoral offers. Beatrice and Eugenie have both stated the loved their annual holidays there and still do.

I love the annual photos of members of the BRF at Scottish games. Somehow they always seem the most relaxed and are often snapped in gales of laughter.

Yes. I must say they’re blessed to have tranquil homes like Balmoral, Sandringham and Windsor. Those places offer very relaxed atmospheres and plenty of activities to explore. They do seem to enjoy themselves at the Highland Games, too. I wish the younger royals was interested in going.

She wouldn't be there if she wasn't going to Balmoral at this time of the year.

Ouch! That told me.

She always visits for Beatrice's birthday. The Queen wants to see her granddaughter for her birthday and Beatrice wants to see her mother on her birthday so this is the way to ensure that happens.

Sarah always goes up the first week and leaves either on the Saturday or Sunday with Philip arriving on the Sunday - after church.

We don't usually get pictures of Sarah after she arrives at the castle, only reports of her arriving and leaving from Aberdeen airport.

This is all that was needed to respond to my query - clearly I wasn't in the know if I was asking, so a response like this is just fine to satisfy my knowledge. Now I know.

Carrie Symonds will accompany Boris Johnson when he stays with the Queen at Balmoral later this summer.

The Prime Minister's girlfriend, 31, will attend the traditional weekend at the monarch's Scottish estate, it is understood.

Every year the Queen spends the summer at Balmoral Castle, Aberdeenshire, where she is joined by other members of the royal family - and traditionally hosts the prime minister for a weekend in September.

It is thought that Ms Symonds will be the first unmarried partner of a sitting PM to stay at Balmoral.

Is there a source for that information?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom