Summer Holidays at Balmoral: 2019 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice! Someone on board said their saw Carol on board too. What a nice family get away.

Hopefully no one got kidnapped on the flight ;-)

Reactions: Fem
I wonder if the Phillps and Tindall families will be there this weekend? William, Peter and Zara seem to have coordinated their family visits to Balmoral in recent years.

It would make sense for Tindall's and Philip's to be there IMO, we saw the Yorks and Wessex's there already so its their turn as such.

Sadly, their privacy was invaded. Since when the Cambridge’s started being photographed heading to Balmoral and the pictures published?

Sadly, their privacy was invaded. Since when the Cambridge’s started being photographed heading to Balmoral and the pictures published?

I disagree. They were in a public airport, no one impeded them or got in their face. It was the kind of nice real family photo that endears them to the public.

I disagree. They were in a public airport, no one impeded them or got in their face. It was the kind of nice real family photo that endears them to the public.

In the past, the only way we would know the Cambridge’s were up at Balmoral was through the regular pictures we would get of the family heading to church on Sunday and the rare pictures of the family going to a family lunch. I don’t recall seeing pictures of the Cambridge’s being pictured at the airport heading to Balmoral until now.

It is smart PR after Sussexes were blasted for using a private jet the Cambridges dear not use one to get to Balmoral.
Had there been no criticism of the Sussexes the Cambridges would have either taken a private jet or helicopter like they have in the past.

In the past, the only way we would know the Cambridge’s were up at Balmoral was through the regular pictures we would get of the family heading to church on Sunday and the rare pictures of the family going to a family lunch. I don’t recall seeing pictures of the Cambridge’s being pictured at the airport heading to Balmoral until now.

And? They were in a public place, they accepted that there might be pictures of them in that public place, no one was in their faces with cameras or bothering them in any way, and everyone's day went on just as it should have. I'm not really understanding the problem here. Just because they haven't been pictured doing this in previous years certainly doesn't mean it didn't happen but whether it did or not there's really no issue here as they were not in a private place or in somewhere that it would be considered invasive to photograph them.

Nice! Someone on board said their saw Carol on board too. What a nice family get away.

Hopefully no one got kidnapped on the flight ;-)
In trying to appease the press they risk their security by all flying together.

Not very smart!

Not very smart!

I am not sure how they are trying to appease the press here. William and the children have usually flown together if they are going to one destination. This is with the consent of the monarch.

Not very smart!

The Cambriges always fly together, just as the Wales family did when William & Harry were young. It is allowed until the children are older.

The Cambridge's fly every year to Mustique together and flew the children on overseas tours on the same aircraft. Clearly they don't feel there is a risk or that it is so small it is not worth splitting the family up.
I doubt this was booked last minute to avoid using a private jet, how could they guarantee getting enough seats etc. We know they flew flybe or easyjet before, Zara's wedding being one occasion. I don't see the issue and don't think they compromised security to make a PR point. This is what they were always going to do, its what they have done before and thus we can assume their security staff are happy with it. It is just poor timing in that it comes amid the furore around the Sussex's, that isn't a reason to try and cast this as the wrong thing to do.

It is smart PR after Sussexes were blasted for using a private jet the Cambridges dear not use one to get to Balmoral.
Had there been no criticism of the Sussexes the Cambridges would have either taken a private jet or helicopter like they have in the past.

Have they always flown to Aberdeen via helicopter or private jet?

The only time I can remember them definitely using a private jet was just after George (I think) was born and they borrowed or were lent the Duke of Westminster's jet.

The other occasions I don't recall us seeing how they arrived

The only time I can remember them definitely using a private jet was just after George (I think) was born and they borrowed or were lent the Duke of Westminster's jet.

The other occasions I don't recall us seeing how they arrived

Yes, and there were negative comments about it at the time. Use of private jets, no matter who the royals involved are, always get at least a few comments.

There alway will be, so the trick is to be discreet enough people barely notice

Interesting they were spotted after all this time. Hope they enjoy their time. Kids look cute.

Those Cambridge kids always make me laugh. They are adorable indeed.

Interesting they were spotted after all this time. Hope they enjoy their time. Kids look cute.

It did look like a chance photograph, not even all that clear. Somebody has been lucky with that one. As has been said before everybody with a mobile phone is a photographer these days,

That doesn't really count for anything, other members of the family have travelled to Balmoral and not been photographed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Why didn’t they take a train if they are concerned about carbon footprint ?

Because a train would have taken 7.5hours and cost £100 more (I've just checked).

That is just unnecessary. They took a pretty middle of the road option in taking a scheduled flight that would have been flying anyway.Its better or the environment than getting a private jet, not as good as getting the train but then even the train has some emissions, where does it end? With them walking?

Last edited:
Why didn’t they take a train if they are concerned about carbon footprint ?

It is a 12 1/2 hour trip by train with 3-4 changes—Norfolk to Aberdeen. I’d fly too.

Last edited:
It is going to be interesting now with the travel talk. The next time any of them travel privately are we going to track all carbon foot prints. You can't make such a fuss and not keep it consistent.

Because a train would have taken 7.5hours and cost £100 more (I've just checked).

That is just unnecessary. They took a pretty middle of the road option in taking a scheduled flight that would have been flying anyway.Its better or the environment than getting a private jet, not as good as getting the train but then even the train has some emissions, where does it end? With them walking?

Doubt the extra cost was an issue. But yes the much longer time with all the stops. Bad enough with kids, but also security issues.

The queen takes scheduled trips by train to Kings Lynn en route to Sandringham without much security risk. Its probably safer to take a scheduled public train than an ordinary flight. Use of the royal train is a major extravagance and is best reserved for special occasions only.

The queen takes scheduled trips by train to Kings Lynn en route to Sandringham without much security risk. Its probably safer to take a scheduled public train than an ordinary flight. Use of the royal train is a major extravagance and is best reserved for special occasions only.

Yes it would be for one adult travelling from London to Kings Lynn as there aren't any scheduled flights that could transport the Queen from London to Norfolk.

I assume you aren't suggesting that it would be safer for the Cambridges (2 adults & 3 children) to travel to Aberdeen by train are you?

There's been pics taken before of the Cambridges flying to Balmoral this time of year.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom