Summer Holidays at Balmoral: 2019 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If HM is heading up to Balmoral next week I hope she is there Monday and Tuesday when the south of the UK is heading for hottest heatwave ever. It will be 41c at Windsor vs 31c at Balmoral.

I think that forecast for Windsor is this week and not next week. Looking at the forecast for Windsor UK I am seeing 36 C today, 37 C tomorrow but only 24 C for Monday next week.

The current hot spell is expected to break on Wednesday with a drop in temperatures across the UK/Eire to more normal levels.

Sorry my post was made on Sunday so "next week" was Monday (today) and Tuesday. The article said "next week" which I took to mean this week as it was written before Sunday but we'll see. I am sure even if she is at Windsor HM is well looked after and cooled.

The Queen has left Windsor for her Balmoral holiday

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/20220721145865/the-queen-begins-summer-holiday-balmoral/

The Queen has headed to her Balmoral residence in Scotland to begin her summer holiday.

She was spotted on Thursday afternoon being driven from her Berkshire residence wearing a bright yellow and purple floral dress. Her Majesty, 96, is likely to spend several months at the estate, and she will no doubt be joined by other members of her family during her time there.

The Queen usually travels to Balmoral from mid to end of July and first stays at Craigowan Lodge - the stone cottage which is located a mile from the main Balmoral Castle.

She will reside at the seven-bedroom lodge until her main Scottish residence closes to the public on 2 August. The Queen tends to stay in Scotland until September/October time before her royal duties resume.

Makes you wonder why the other family members (Camilla, Sophie and James) don't attend. Are they not staying at Balmoral or are they not interested in attending church?

Makes you wonder why the other family members (Camilla, Sophie and James) don't attend. Are they not staying at Balmoral or are they not interested in attending church?

My guess is that Camilla ia away for a holiday in the sun. She usually has a few weeks away with her family somewhere warm whilst Charles is up at Birkhall.

Last edited:

I know, it was just Louise and Edward at church last week too, it's a bit odd.

I suspect Camilla is off with her family etc so not there. But as for the others, maybe some are staying behind to be with the Queen at the Castle?

This thread has reached 20 pages.It is time for a new thread, which you can find here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom