Summer Holidays at Balmoral: 2019 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite right.

However, some of the press is reporting that the Sussex' don't need to visit Balmoral as they live on the Windsor estate and see the Queen often. To me, this is just a bit of Sussex spin.

I would agree, the Balmoral break is totally different to a visit at Windsor.

Its a family hiatus at Balmoral and their down time. Whether or not they visit during the summer months is totally up to them. Its not like the Queen's invitation to Balmoral (which I believe is a standing and accepted fact for the family) is a command to appear and cannot be refused. Its Mum, Grandma and Granny and Gan-Gan that is in Balmoral for the family and *not* the monarch and Queen (although she is well respected by her family in those roles).

Its no big deal really if the Sussexes go to Balmoral or they don't. The world isn't going to end and the sun will still rise in the morning. :D

for all we know they may have already been there for a few days and back again, there are never any official announcements when family visit. The bottom line is we do not know and everything else is guess work.

We have heard about everyone else, though.
So I'd venture to say the Sussexes haven't been.
Still, it's no big deal either way.

Last edited:
We have heard about everyone else, though.
So I'd venture to say the Sussexes haven't been.
Still, it's no big deal either way.

Only because we've seen a few photographs of the the Queen's children and most of her other grandchildren, primarily on the way to church.

I don't recall the Tindalls being at Balmoral this year.

Only because we've seen a few photographs of the the Queen's children and most of her other grandchildren, primarily on the way to church.

I don't recall the Tindalls being at Balmoral this year.
Exactly - if the family happens to have a picnic at the one lodge and the photographers are waiting, then we get a few snaps. Occasionally there’ll be photos of members of the family driving on the estate (one of the Queen and Carol Middleton from a couple of years ago springs to mind.)
If the family is there on Sunday and goes to church, then we see pix.
We’ve seen Sarah and the Cambridges arriving at the airport.
Zara and Mike and daughters and Harry and Meghan and son could have arrived on a Monday and left on a Saturday and we’d have no photos unless they flew and were spotted at the airport.

Anyone know why Dame Judi is going to Balmoral to visit The Queen?

Interesting that Peter and Autumn are either still in Scotland or back again. I wonder when school starts for their daughters.

Summer Holidays at Balmoral: 2019

Interesting that Peter and Autumn are either still in Scotland or back again. I wonder when school starts for their daughters.

Depend on their schools timetable it could be this week, or they could be visiting Scotland for the weekend with the girls?

Anyone know why Dame Judi is going to Balmoral to visit The Queen?

She is friends with C&C, so it may well be that she is a guest at Birkhall.

Most schools in England last week, so perhaps they are just up in Scotland for the weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
As per usual, we have photos of them all smiling and laughing. The Braemar Games 2019 have once again lived up to their reputation. The sheer, unabashed joy is wonderful to see and let's be honest, how often do they get together at an official event laughing, smiling and applauding.

Seeing Autumn and Peter was a really lovly surprise even if Peter was too chicken to wear a kilt. Autumn made up for it by nailing the dress code too perfection.

If there's two things I really enjoy and look forward to seeing when the Queen goes to Balmoral in the summer, its being greeted by Cruachan IV and seeing her with family at the Braemar games totally enjoying it all.

This year didn't disappoint. The Shetland pony behaved himself like a gentleman and there was a whole lot of laughter and fun times at the games.

Oh I forgot to add. I also look forward to seeing Charles in his kilt. He cuts a fine figure when he wears one. ?

These are lovely photos of HM and family. I feel like we see a lot of Charles with Zara, relatively speaking, but very few of him interacting with Autumn and Peter. These are very nice to see for a change and he and Autumn appear to be having a nice chat. It's nice of him to explain things to her (at least that's what he appears to be doing) and make her feel comfortable at something like this. I don't really recall photos of she and Peter at the Games before.

IIRC Charles chose Zara's name when Anne was in the process of deciding, so I think Charles has always been close to Anne and her children. It's nice to see the Phillips/Tindalls at the Braemar Gathering this year.

The Royal Family at the 2019 Braemar Games- Arrivals and Departures-

Last edited:
What a nice surprise to see The Duke of Cambridge

Yes I think he's attended the last 3 years.

LaRae

Would this be the last Sunday at Balmoral for this year as H.M.The Queen returns to London during the 1st week of October.

Would this be the last Sunday at Balmoral for this year as H.M.The Queen returns to London during the 1st week of October.

Possibly but as next Sunday is the first Sunday in October she may stay until then as she does usually stay for that weekend. Her first engagement, in the FE, is on the 11th but she may have other engagements which aren't listed e.g. meeting with incoming or outgoing High Commissioners or Ambassadors.

Last edited:
Yes it is nice to see the queen with her nephew and niece inlaw,has Lady Sarah been up to Balmoral this summer/autumn?

Lovely to see Lady Sarah Chatto in attendance with her aunt the queen.

It's great to see Lady Sarah there indeed. IIRC she's fairly close to Prince Charles and if my memory serves me correctly, she's Prince Harry's godmother and Charles is also godfather to either Arthur or Samuel (I can't remember which).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom