State Visit from the President of the United States: November 18-21, 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gets pictures ready! for US president and Lady Laura Bush to state visit for 3 days til friday.

Sara Boyce

There is a little speech in Love Actually that Hugh Grant, as prime minister, says about the Anglo-American relationship that I would love to hear from Tony Blair. But I doubt he will say it. As George Herbert Walker Bush once said, "Not gonna do it".

I heard President Bush on radio yesterday. First time he sounded nervous.

The State Visit seems to be getting a lot of press already. Interesting isn't it that the 2 State Visits to Britain this year are from Russia and USA? The Cold War days are truly over LOL.

better watch out! for gunman like JFK SR who shot in 40 year ago please guard president i watch news about London police will watch for gunman they wont shot president you know that.

Sara Boyce

strange how that only happens on home turf.

Is Bush arriving Tuesday morning, afternoon, or night? I have heard conflicting reports.

Late Tuesday night British time is the is th time of arrival.

Bush will stay at Buckingham palace
His security team asked that Buckingham palace should be reconstructed in same areas
They got a no
Did they really think that they would be allowed to make some new construction on the palace…

They have that big gate!! But the Mews area along the road there would be easier to jump over but then again everybody would see you. Not to encourage a crime or anything...No, I prefer debate. Unfortunately, Bush doesn't like debates.

Anyway, 19 million pounds for all of this!

Bush's team also asked if two helicopter's could hover over BP for the duration of the stay. QE2 nixed that ... wanted her beauty sleep.

Heard on CBC this morning, that indeed it is the first state visit where the invitation has beeb issued by the Queen since 1918.

Bush's team also asked if two helicopter's could hover over BP for the duration of the stay. QE2 nixed that ... wanted her beauty sleep.

She is right... If I was the Queen, I would not even invite Bush, he even bring his own cooks :woot: ....terrible :shock:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/3267433.stm

PRESIDENT BUSH'S ITINERARY
Tuesday 18 November -
Arrives and receives private welcome at Buckingham Palace.

Wednesday 19 November - Meets Michael Howard and Charles Kennedy, gives speech on transatlantic alliance and meets UK families of 11 Sept victims before attending royal banquet with Queen.

Thursday 20 November - Meets British soldiers who fought in Afghanistan and Iraq, holds meetings with Tony Blair at Downing Street and hosts dinner at US Ambassador's residence.

Friday 21 November - Travels to Tony Blair's Sedgefield constituency to meet members of the public before returning to Washington.

I get the impression Bush left at 8.00 this morning EST and will arrive in the UK at 1.00 pm EST, and take a helicopter to BP.

O, Goody. Charles Kennedy should give him an earful. Too bad George Galloway won't be meeting Bush!

" I would not even invite Bush, he even bring his own cooks"

This is hilarious because the presiden'ts diet, while surely good for a man in really good shape, is hardly one that would require a cook of any repute. I mean even at these expensive fundraisers they serve stuff like beans and hamburgers. Yes, this is the first visit by a president that is a state visit. The last one was around Christmastime 1918 when President Wilson visited to reassure the British government that his League of Nations idea was good. Too bad the Congress disagreed.

Arrival time is to be 2:25 EST at the airport.

Where are people getting the information that President Bush is bringing his own cooks? It seems silly, but if it's true, maybe there is a reason as to why, such as special dietary needs. But if he is attending a Royal gala, and seeing to the speeches and meetings the above itenerary claims then he won't even be around for meals, where his own cooks might be available to "whip" something up.
THerefore through simple deduction, the added expences of cooks for this visit are unneeded, and the reports are most likely unfounded.

he has to bring his own cooks.

all those funny dishes the Brits have .... can't have dem locals whippin' sumting up dat's bad for da castiron stumach. :innocent:

You're probably right. We do know that in recent years he has become a teetotaler but everybody knows that and you don't need a cook anyway for that. That being said there are probably special dietary needs for all presidents. Well, maybe not. They try to keep them in good enough shape as it is. And Bush is in quite good shape. so I'm sure he watches what he eats. Now if Dick Cheney was visiting then I'd imagine that diet would be a big concern. Ha! Ha! Ha!

"Cheney had mild heart attacks in 1978, 1984 and 1988. In August of 1988, Cheney underwent a quadruple cardiac bypass because of arterial blockages. Since then, Cheney has quit smoking, regularly exercises for 30 minutes on a treadmill and through such activities as hunting. Cheney takes medication to lower his cholesterol. Cheney also has a small spot of skin cancer removed from his face and surgery on his right knee to repair an old football injury, as well as episodes of gout in his foot"

Oh. Well ... I imagine Cheney knows good food when he sees it, and Bush laks his steak.

This is true. Bush does like steak but he has to be careful. He does jog a lot and has an excellent at rest heartbeat.

His Eminence, President Bush, has arrived in the Old Country.

Wonder what's on the program for tonight .... a hot toddy before being shown the sleeping quarters. A quick nap followed by a call to the WHite House.

Prince Charles, The Prince of Wales, greeting President Bush of the United States and his wife Laura Bush at Heathrow Airport, to accompany them to Buckingham Palace where they will be staying for their state visit. There, they will meet The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh.
top.main.handshake.ap.jpg

He's already up past his bedtime. No, folks, that isn't a little jab at the president. He does go to sleep normally at 7:00 PM or so.

A.C.C.  Posted: Nov 18th, 2003 - 3:47 pm
Prince Charles, The Prince of Wales, greeting President Bush of the United States and his wife Laura Bush at Heathrow Airport, to accompany them to Buckingham Palace where they will be staying for their state visit. There, they will meet The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh.
WHo's the guy (with the light blue tie) between PoW and the Prez .... the interpreter ? :)

please more pictures for receiption, army, lots more in parliament!

Sara Boyce

"Who's the guy (with the light blue tie) between PoW and the Prez .... the interpreter ?"

"America and Britain are two nations divided by a common language" George Bernard Shaw and then:

" An Englishman's way of speaking absolutely classifies him.
The moment he talks, he makes some other Englishman despise him.
One common language I'm afraid we'll never get.
Oh why can't the English learn to-
Set a good example to people, who's English, is painful to your ears.
The Scotch and the Irish leave you close to tears!
There are even places where English completely disappears,
Why, in America they haven't used it for years.
Why can't the English teach their children how to speak?...
Use proper English, you're regarded as a freak.
Oh why can't the English-
Why can't the English learn to speak?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom