State Visit from the President of Mexico: March 3-5, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mexican First Lady is stunning. And the queen wears the same tired dress ad infinitum. And get rid of the gloves. Gloves at dinner??

Oh yes! The Queen and some other female royals usually wear gloves for evening banquets. Of course it's taken off for dinner. It's just elegant. The Queen view many of her dresses for events like this as a uniform.

Anne in White two piece in the background here: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/03/03/264A25F600000578-2977297-image-a-5_1425420347717.jpg

In that same image, the footperson behind Phillip has been wearing this oversize livery since the jubilee year. Every time I see her in the background I cringe. I just had to share that.

Many of those uniforms are expensive, so many of the staff just have to find a uniform that'll fit or nearly fit ;)

Last edited:
Angelica's style was impeccable on this visit. The white outfit is so beautiful, and the red dress is stunning!

:previous:I would have to agree, her white coatdress offset with navy accessories was very elegant and her little blue hat was especially gorgeous. Her red evening gown is very beautiful but made more so by her excellent deportment. She appears to have perfect poise.

Last edited:
I have no doubt Prince Philip enjoyed his evening.

Rather unnecessary.

First Lady of Mexico looks stunning! Her demeanour is so elegant. I love that they brought their daughters along as well.

How many of their daughters came to the U.K.?

Are the four females sitting on the sofa their daughters? If so which is which?

Is this information correct?

Angélica Sofía born 1996 age 18-19 (hers)
Paulina born 1996 age 18-19 (his)
Fernanda born 1995 age 14-15 (hers)
Nicole born 2001 age 13-14 (his)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/03/03/2648D46600000578-2977297-image-a-227_1425403396248.jpg

Thanks

Indeed, those are their daughters. They have a total of 6 children: 2 girls and a boy are his + 3 girls are hers.

Which is which? I think it is, from left to right: Fernanda (hers), Nicole (his), Paulina (his) and Sofia (hers), but I'm not sure.

Stunning First Lady! Mexico, you are so lucky! Her dress matched her husband's Order of the Bath. What an elegant state dinner.

Stunning First Lady! Mexico, you are so lucky! Her dress matched her husband's Order of the Bath. What an elegant state dinner.

Well... it is a distraction from the deep, deep, deep problems Mexico faces, where the state more and more looses its grip on society and "maintaining the law" has almost become city-guerrillas. The President and his wife are under constant threat of drug cartels, gangs and mafia-like oranizations. For the couple these are "some days off" from their immensely troubled office.

Nice overview from the banqueting hall in Buckingham Palace. I would recommend a new lighting plan with dimmed light and, in no any other monarchy I have seen the use of lampshades.... :eek: ..... get rid of these!

:lol:

In the Netherlands they use glass anti-drip bowls on the candles, see this daylight picture of the Citizens' Hall before a banquet. Good idea for Camilla, when she becomes the new Mastress of the House and reviews the lay-out of the tables for banquets. "There is a big box on the attick: assemble these granny-esque lampshades and store them high up there!"

:flowers:

A better view and note the sea of lampshades when the video starts. http://youtu.be/1hs_xWGDeW4

Last edited:
https://ru-royalty.livejournal.com/2808590.html#comments

The above post by kapenot88 contains photos of the state banquet. Although I am not keen on gowns with asymmetric neckline, I have to say that Señora Angélica Rivera de Peña looked amazing. It would be nice, if Her Majesty opted for some other dress.

Last edited:
The President and the First Lady are a very attractive couple and the pics suggest this is a very friendly state visit. Despite all the formalities, everyone seems to be having a good time.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Gloves were always de rigueur during State Banquets.

Three gloved ladies

Two gloved ladies

One gloved lady

:flowers:

After re-viewing the pictures I am intrigued by the unusual gloves worn by Queen Juliana. Her robe had long sleeves, therefore no long opera gloves for her. This model short gloves are seldom seen. She wore the two massive diamond-and-sapphire bracelets belonging to this parure, therefore probably having wide, short gloves to show the glittering diamonds.

The massive diamond-and-sapphire bracelets partly shown (click on he picture itself to expand)

Opera gloves in a row (click on the picture itself to expand)

Last edited by a moderator:
Video:
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh have bid farewell to the President of Mexico and his wife-

Home - ITNSource News

:previous:

And the horses riding alongside the carriage were brown. See this image.

Who would have thought you could see through glass windows...

Last edited:
I see what you are saying but the indentation under the horse's ear looks like an eye so it looks like his head is inside the carriage.

It really doesn't, you can see that the carriage is in front of the horse.

The Queen and Prince Phillip really look like they enjoyed the visit.
I can't believe how good they look
They could pass as about the same age as Charles and Camilla
I would love to know their secret

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom