State Visit from the President of Indonesia: October 31-November 2, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
State Visit From Indonesia: October 31 - November 2, 2012

THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT IS ISSUED BY THE PRESS SECRETARY TO THE QUEEN

7 September 2012

The President of the Republic of Indonesia, Dr Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, has accepted an invitation from The Queen to pay a State Visit to the United Kingdom from 31 October to 2 November 2012.

The President will be accompanied by Mrs. Yudhoyono and will stay at Buckingham Palace.​
Source: royal.gov.uk

Preparing Queen Elizabeth II Welcomes President Yudhoyono of Indonesia

Soon, exactly on 31 October to 2 November 2012. President of the Republic of Indonesia, DR.H.Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono with First Lady will been to United Kingdom. This visit marks 33 years of visits Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Phillip to Indonesia. And mark also visits the President of the Republic of Indonesia the Second, General Suharto to United Kingdom.

The invitation of Queen Elizabeth II to President Yudhoyono is directly given Prime Minister David Cameron as He visits Indonesia. While in London, England, President Yudhoyono and His entourage will stay at Buckingham Palace. The official residence of Queen Elizabeth II and Her Family. And this is the second time, Leader of Indonesia to stay at Buckingham Palace.

Special invitation of Queen Elizabeth II to President Yudhoyono is not just ordinary invitation. Given that this year is still in order Diamond Jubilee the Queen. Queen Elizabeth II invited only two Heads of State. First President Yudhoyono of Indonesia and second Amir of Kuwait.

Actually, the relationship between the UK and Indonesia has existed for 2 centuries. It was on the mark with the arrival of Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles in Java in 1811. Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles was not alone. He along with the Royal Navy landed in the Bay of Batavia under the direction of Gilbert Eliot and Lord Minto. After landing in the Bay of Batavia. British Navy expel the Dutch Army when it was in power. Through Tuntang agreement (Perjanjian Tuntang), the Dutch handed over to the British Batavia. And the date of 17 September 1811 the Dutch did not have power in Indonesia.

Actually, a few years after Indonesia's independence, Queen Elizabeth II, who was then sitting as the new Queen of England and the Commonwealth had invited the First President of Indonesia, Ir.Soekarno. However, because of President Sukarno, who still hated invaders. Soekarno then sent Minister (I forget His name) to fulfill the invitation. Actually the invitation to attend the Coronation Princess Elizabeth as Queen of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth.

But Queen Elizabeth II did not flinch. In 1974, Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Phillip visit to Indonesia. Countries that are not so Commonwealth. And gladly, President Soeharto greet the Queen of England. Then a 5-year precisely in 1979, President Soeharto at the end of November reciprocate the visit of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip. When Queen Elizabeth II visited Indonesia, aboard the Queen and the Prince of the Kingdom. And when President Soeharto and Ibu Tien Soeharto to England.

Heads of State and First Lady Indonesia uses Railways. At Victoria Station, President Soeharto and the First Lady on welcome instantly by the Queen. From Victoria Station towards Buckingham Palace, President Soeharto use Horse Carriage accompanied Queen Elizabeth II.

And how does the story of the President and First Lady of the Republic of Indonesia after 33 Years ? We will wait for 31 October to 2 November 2012.

Please Visit My Youtube Channel. And Click Like If You Love My Video. When There Errors In Writing. I Hereby Humility Sorry That as Sincerely. :sad: :flowers: Ahead of The Arrival of The President of the Republic of Indonesia to the UK - YouTube

Thank you for all this background information! :flowers:

I Know :p Thank's for remembering Me :)

This is State Visit Programme of President Yudhoyono in UK :

Wednesday, 31 October 2012

Morning
The President of the Republic of Indonesia and Mrs. Yudhoyono are met at their hotel by The Duke of York on behalf of The Queen.
Afternoon
Ceremonial Welcome attended by The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh on Horse Guards followed by State Drive to Buckingham Palace
Luncheon and exchange of presents
Visit to Westminster Abbey
Meeting with The Prince of Wales at Clarence House

Evening
Call at Buckingham Palace by the Leader of the Liberal Democrats
Call at Buckingham Palace by the Leader of the Opposition
State Banquet at Buckingham Palace

Thursday, 1 November 2012

Morning
The President attends United Nations High Level Panel on Post Millennium Development Goals at Marlborough House
Mrs. Yudhoyono visits the Royal Botanic Gardens

Afternoon
Visit to the Palace of Westminster by the President and Mrs. Yudhoyono.
Visit to No. 10 Downing Street by the President.
Mrs. Yudhoyono visits the Royal Collection
Visit to the Royal College of Defence Studies by the President and Mrs. Yudhoyono.

Evening
The President attends a United Nations High Level Panel on Post Millennium Development Goals Press Conference and Reception at No. 10 Downing Street
Reception and Banquet at Guildhall

Friday, 2 November 2012

Morning
Formal Farewells at Buckingham Palace
Address to Wilton Park at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, attended by the President and Mrs. Yudhoyono

Afternoon
The President visits the Indonesia Business Forum at St. James’s Palace
Mrs. Yudhoyono visits the Tower of London

Photo by Me :
http://instagram.com/p/RW7xAbny2-/

Starting Towards London, United Kingdom from Halim Perdanakusuma Military Airfield. Removing the departure of President Yudhoyono of Vice President Boediono.
http://www.presidensby.info/index.php/galeri/album/2012/10/30/thumb/detail/3018/19631/

Before Departing to London, President Yudhoyono Giving Press Releases
http://www.presidensby.info/index.php/galeri/album/2012/10/30/thumb/detail/3019/19632/

President Yudhoyono with Delegation Arriving at Heathrow Airport, London, UK
http://www.presidensby.info/index.php/galeri/album/2012/10/31/thumb/detail/3020/19636/

Last edited:
Here is the program for the Visit:
Indonesian State Visit, 31 October to 2 November 2012

Yet to come tonight - State Dinner (White tie, black tie?)

11/1 AM - UN Panel on Development for the President, visit to Royal Botanic Gardens for the First Lady
11/1 PM - Various visits together and solo to places like the Palace of Westminster, 10 Downing and the Royal Collection. The evening concludes with further Panel Discussions and a reception at Guildhall.
11/2 - Farewells to the Palace then on to an Address and visit to a Business Forum. The First Lady will also visit the Tower of London before an afternoon departure.

I'm guessing once The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge become full-time members of the royal family they will start attending these State Visits and State Banquets. No doubt they will be the main ones attending once Charles come to the throne.

Richard Palmer‏@RoyalReporter
William, Kate, Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie don't do UK state banquets, we are constantly told.

Info for the Banquet, we have tiaras people!

The Queen's wearing the Grand Duchess Vladimir of Russia Tiara, Sophie and Anne are wearing them aswell. Guests tonight are Charles, Andrew, Anne, Sophie, Edward and The Dukes of Gloucester and Kent.

Last edited:
Can't wait for pictures.

What a beautiful gold dress on The Queen tonight! I think that's Sophie and Edward in the background, too...?

What a beautiful gold dress on The Queen tonight! I think that's Sophie and Edward in the background, too...?

Sophie and Edward are attending the banquet yes. We have no ID on Sophie and Anne's tiaras as of yet.

I hope we get more pictures of the royals at the State Banquet.

HM's sash doesn't exactly compliment the colour of her gown. Always nice to see the Grand Duchess Vladimir, however. Prince Philip's looking rather dashing too.

I am at a loss to explain why W&C aren't there. Turning a lot of people off , including myself. I had such high hopes for William and Catherine.

Pictures:
The Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono's State Visit To The UK - Day One:
Queen Elizabeth II Pictures - The Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono's State Visit To The UK - Day One - Zimbio

Here is a lovely photo of HM at the State Visit. Getty also has lots of images now.
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/15...C7xsJ2TxrzVZhesaGn6NsX04BZffNN7su+WDl5Ysm/g==

Thank you for all the lovely pictures! Her Majesty looks absolutely gorgeous. That tiara is a stunner. Can't wait to see the ones on the Princess Royal and the Countess of Wessex.

I am at a loss to explain why W&C aren't there. Turning a lot of people off , including myself. I had such high hopes for William and Catherine.

I think it's because they aren't full-time members of the royal family yet, so The Queen's not requesting their presence at these kind of events.

I'm getting tired of this 'full-time' royal stuff. W&C are 30 years old and William is 2nd in line to the throne. This only reinforces William's public perception as a reluctant king in waiting.

Starting to turn off these two.

I think it's because they aren't full-time members of the royal family yet, so The Queen's not requesting their presence at these kind of events.

I doubt it's because they're not full time working members, if they expressed an interest in being a part of this state visit they would have been allowed. They met the Obama's last year I believe.

They are simply not there because they do not wish to be, they pick and choose their events at will and on occasion it is to fit around William's work scheduele. I imagine they're at home in Wales having a nice cosy evening in after William's day at work. I never had any doubt that they wouldn't show.

I'm getting tired of this 'full-time' royal stuff. W&C are 30 years old and William is 2nd in line to the throne. This only reinforces William's public perception as a reluctant king in waiting.

Whilst I agree that William or at least Catherine should show their faces a bit, it isn't doing a great deal to damage their image with the general public in the UK. Catherine is getting the flack a bit, but nobody minds William doing what he does. I'm sure plenty of people would shout for joy if Charles skipped what he earnt for his son. You get the 'always on holiday' comments and the 'waste of taxpayer's' money stuff but that comes around every time.

Last edited:
I wish we had more images, I want to see all the Tiara's! If Camilla isn't there, does it mean Sophie is the "2nd lady of the land" for the evening? I can see the Wessex duo in the background of the images.

I love the Royal men and their tails. They always looks handsome.

Well, I would find that weird if William & Catherine decided they just don't want to attend the State Visit Banquets. That's part of their royal role and helping The Queen fly the flag for Great Britian.

I think it was said the reason why they have yet to attend a State Banquet because they aren't full-time royals and that's one of the reasons why they didn't attend the Obama State Banquet. I think this is the reason BBC News royal correspondent Peter Hunt had menioned at the time.

Duke-of-Earl, I know it's a frustrating but it's one of the reasons why I'm hoping the Cambridges will become full-time royals by next year. It was said that it should be announced sometime late this year on what they will do. Stay in the military or become full-time working royals. Then I guess we weill see them attend these kind of events and others.

:previous: Then become full-time royals, because W&C are turning me off and I am one of their biggest supporters.

William at 30 should be attending these events. With the ages of the Windsors, W&C could be in their 40s before we see them.

I'm one of their big supporters too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom