State Visit from the President of India: October 27-29, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed this hasn't been a very well profiled state tour but it didn't involve Mrs Carla did it. :whistling:;)
Beautiful pictures from today. :flowers:

I was really looking forward to this visit and have been appalled by the complete lack of coverage by the media. The BBC briefly mentioned the visit today but even then it was only because they were taling about the Commonwealth flame changeover.

This visit was far more important (imo) than the French state visit yet then we were constantly bombarded with hysterical news bulletins and articles.
There were slots on the BBC, ITV, Sky, Ch 4. There were also articles of varying length in the Sun, Mirror & Mail.

IMO, it was less important than the visit from the French president, we have more ties to the French via the EU than we do with India.

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II bids farewell to Indian President Pratibha Patil and an Indian dignitary following the launch of the XIX Commonwealth Games Queen's Baton Relay for Delhi 2010, at Buckingham Palace, in London, on October 29, 2009. Queen Elizabeth II and Indian President Pratibha Patil started the build-up to the 2010 Commonwealth Games in New Delhi as they launched the baton relay Thursday at Buckingham Palace. British and Indian sports stars carried the baton through central London on the start of its journey to the Indian capital.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

News Summary Royalblog.nl: Queen welcomes Indian President
News Summary Royalblog.nl: Queen and President see off the baton

BelgaPicture - Category details

I'd like to say a big thank you to everybody who's posted photos, links and articles on this thread.

I was really looking forward to this visit and have been appalled by the complete lack of coverage by the media. The BBC briefly mentioned the visit today but even then it was only because they were taling about the Commonwealth flame changeover.

This visit was far more important (imo) than the French state visit yet then we were constantly bombarded with hysterical news bulletins and articles.

I share your sentiment, Little_star. The reality is that the British press, like a lot of the country IMO, is getting dumbed down and prefers to focus on scandals and frivolous things. What chance would the President of the world's largest democracy and an emerging superpower have compared with the young wife of a neighbouring country? You are comparing a 75 year old lady who trained as a lawyer, with a political career spanning c50 years with an attractive woman of around 40 with a slightly dodgy past whose topless pictures appeared in the British press the day she arrivied in the UK.

:previous: To many, our future lies with ties to Europe! Some of us focused on that, rather than pretty pictures of either woman.:whistling:

Ha, you can see the DoC's tiara just blinging away in the bottom left corner for a big part of the video. Lovin the sparkle. Still have no idea what Princess Anne is wearing? Her necklace looks like some sort of fringe.

Thank you so much for posting that link, Nico.:flowers: I think it used up a rather large chunk of my pre-paid broadband, but it was worth it to see the banquet and hear the speeches of the two heads of state. And of course to see Camilla's sparkling tiara. Seeing her from the back like that, I think her hairstyle is excellent for her and that there's no need to change it. It's very distinctive and flattering from all angles.

I think Anne is wearing a tiara around her neck and a necklace in her hair. :lol:

Hi,

Yes, Roslyn, that's what I thought... Did Anne get it all wrong?
She's no fashion icon & usually badly dressed, so maybe she put herself together for this banquet...
She needs a "dresser" with some style and taste - - badly :bang:

Maybe she just going balmy!! Is she related distantly to Joanna the Mad?? :ohmy:

Larry

They're the coats of arms of past and present Knights of the Garter.
Thanks wbenson. It was hard to make out exactly what they were.
Love the video Nico.

Beautiful pictures and video. Thanks to all who posted.
I have a question regarding the photo pins (don't know what they're called) the Queen is wearing, she has one of her father and grandfather. But I thought they were supposed to wear one of the current Monarch. What is the protocol on this?

Nice cap. Thanks for posting it, Lillibetforever. I think it lends support to my theory she's wearing a tiara around her neck and a necklace in her hair.:lol: Why? Perhaps she just likes to be different. :D

Thanks for the pic, Lillibetforever. It's one of the better photos of the evening, IMHO!
I agree with you, Roslyn. Anne has always danced to her own drummer.... She is no beauty for sure. Too bad she doesn't get help from her mother's stylist. :(

Beautiful pictures and video. Thanks to all who posted.
I have a question regarding the photo pins (don't know what they're called) the Queen is wearing, she has one of her father and grandfather. But I thought they were supposed to wear one of the current Monarch. What is the protocol on this?

They are Royal Family Orders, personal mementos granted by the monarch. I can't imagine the monarch granting one to herself.
The Monarchy Today > Queen and public > Honours > Royal Family Orders

I think that she'd look better with a softer hairstyle. Although, I've often heard it said that she looks much better in person. She just doesn't photograph well.:ermm:

Thanks for the pic, Lillibetforever. It's one of the better photos of the evening, IMHO!
I agree with you, Roslyn. Anne has always danced to her own drummer.... She is no beauty for sure. Too bad she doesn't get help from her mother's stylist. :(

:previous: Thank you queenofthelight, I do like HM and Camilla's outfits, they are both wearing colours IMO, that become them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom