State Visit from the President of France: March 26-27, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought everything looked as if it was running smoothly. I love reading all your titbits about the 2 visitors thanks.I thought Carla looked lovely the shoes were a worry but the hubby is really short so wiser choice for that reason. I am not a Camilla fan and hate any sort of animal print but the Queen looked amazing I do love all her outfits particularly in the last 18months. Thanks for all the pictures so far.

I'm sorry to be the lone voice but I think Carla's outfit is awful, it has no shape and does not flatter her figure at all.
you are not the only i know that she may need a chance to improve her self but for ex model the outfit of today is not pretty at all on her neither elegant:rolleyes:is not so bad but not what i exept from personality like Carla.

Carla's outfit is very elegant. She looks every inch a french official lady. Some royals could learn something from her when it comes to overdone outfits.
I hope the visit comes off without any difficulties. It is after all a business trip - albeit with gala and tiaras.

The South African media said she was pregnant. But I have heard nothing else about it - is she?

After watching their arrival on TV, I'm reassured to see that all went well (except perhaps the light touch of Sarkozy's hand on Carla's during the parade at Windsor). Although this isn't a fashion thread, I didn't like very much how Camilla was dressed, especially the hat. However, I like Carla's style : the mix Audrey Hepburn/Jackie O. fits her pretty well.

I agree.. I cannot wait for tonight's pictures!!!! Funny how they call him the bling bling President. Well, tonight he is going to see the the Queen's BLING!! ;-)

I've got my fingers crossed for tonight. I'm rather keen to see a certain sash on Camilla.

Thank you so much fot the picsfrom this afternoon:flowers:

It's just me or we can cleary see that Mrs Sarkozy is expecting something?:eek:

Hello everyone - Lets please not turn this into a discussion about the possibility of Mdm Sarkozy and a pregnancy. This is pure speculation at this point.

Thanks - Empress
Royal Forums Administrator

I would love to have been a fly on the wall in the carriage with Prince Phillip and Carla simply to hear what Prince Phillip was saying. We probably will never know what sort of colorful things came out of his mouth during that carriage ride.:D:eek::ermm:

Cat

And, did he do his speech in French or English? Apparently he does not speak English all that well. It would be really amusing to see someone speak a foreign language when addressing the parliament of another country. Or rather, I should say the president of France ought to be educated enough to speak English.

Good on HM for being able to communicate with him in his native tongue, even though he could not offer the same coutesy.

Hello everyone - Lets please not turn this into a discussion about the possibility of Mdm Sarkozy and a pregnancy. This is pure speculation at this point.

Mea culpa! Sorry :flowers:

just a matter of time until carla starts competing against the most stylish royals for the most elegant lady prize! i love every single outfit she chose: traditional, yet modern and simple, and gorgeous as ever.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/220/879484618c9f2ii3.jpg
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/6344/8794036aaf10lt3.jpg
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/2295/803876993c27b8qb4.png
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/8082/8038752138e533rc7.png

does anyone know the schedule of the visit?

Carla's got a fine pair of legs I'll say that. And before anyone accuses me of leering, I'm as gay as Judy Garland's thong.

just a matter of time until carla starts competing against the most stylish royals for the most elegant lady prize! i love every single outfit she chose: traditional, yet modern and simple, and gorgeous as ever.

Exactly my thoughts . Will she even overshadow "my" queen of beauty and elegance : Queen Rania ? She's not far from it anyway ...:rolleyes:

well first thank you for all the pix and informations especially paty.
for Carla I think this time she looked good lovely and elegant i like alot her second outfit for the one I didn't like the hat a little silly.

Thank you to all who posted so many nice pics today!:flowers:
________
I think the French First Lady looked a bit like a well-behaved school-girl : the hair style, the grey coat.
(But maybe, after the publishing of the nude pic today, that´s the image she wants to show us...)
But i really agree that´s she´s very pretty!

The Queen looked elegant as usual. So did the Duchess of Cornwall, although it´s not one of my favourite outfits of her.

The French President, the Duke of Edinburgh and the Prince of Wales are dressed elegant and the dark coats are matching very well for the official event.

I´m looking forward to to see the pics from the state banquet tonight.

And, did he do his speech in French or English? Apparently he does not speak English all that well. It would be really amusing to see someone speak a foreign language when addressing the parliament of another country. Or rather, I should say the president of France ought to be educated enough to speak English.

Good on HM for being able to communicate with him in his native tongue, even though he could not offer the same coutesy.

English is not the only official international language. As a matter of fact, French is also cited as co-official language along with several other languages depending in what country, region, institution, etc you're dealing with. That's why heads of state including royals are accompanied by their interpreters during foreign visits. It has nothing to do with lack of education. :flowers:

List of Official Language by Institution

Carla Bruni looks so good...I like her take on the Jackie O. look....

So shall we have a bet on jewels? I'm thinking;

Queen : Oriental Circlet Tiara and serious ruby bling. Why? Cos she almost always wears white and the sash tonight will be red. And she usually matches. Of course she might go with the loopy tiara, with pearls not emeralds.

Camilla : Honeycomb. But I'd like to see a new one.

So shall we have a bet on jewels? I'm thinking;

Queen : Oriental Circlet Tiara and serious ruby bling. Why? Cos she almost always wears white and the sash tonight will be red. And she usually matches. Of course she might go with the loopy tiara, with pearls not emeralds.

Camilla : Honeycomb. But I'd like to see a new one.

I'm guessing Camilla will really want to step it up since Carla clearly seems to be...should be interesting...:lol:

Call me crazy but i want to see the Delhi Durbar Tiara again....;)

I just think she is so darn elegant, so understated...so French...she HM Queen Rania, and Princess Mary just have IT..

I listened to his speech....8 years of French...passionate.

So far so good for them both.

I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THE OUTFITS AND JEWELS TONIGHT!!!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom