State Visit from the President of China: October 20-23, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Catherine forgot that a State Visit is an event at the highest protocollary level. The casual look with hanging hairs (giving her a slouching look) is conflicting with the matronly dress. The First Lady of China effortlessly blew the future Queen of the UK away...

I wouldn´t know why or when she "forgot" about anything.
The president´s wife is much older than the Duchess, so "hanging hair" wouldn´t suit her while Catherine´s hair looks gorgeous. Victoria, Queen Máxima, Madeleine, Mary etc - all of them wearing hanging hairs even at state visits and some do not even possess Kate´s thick, beautiful hair.
She wore her hair up last night (impossible to imagine what would be going on on this board if she didn´t ...:whistling:) so it is quite fitting to chosse another hairdo today for an engagement at daytime.

Last edited:
Apparently Catherine forgot that a State Visit is an event at the highest protocollary level. The casual look with hanging hairs (giving her a slouching look) is conflicting with the matronly dress. The First Lady of China effortlessly blew the future Queen of the UK away...

Oh, dear. A women wearing her hair down for a daytime look. I hope the Queen gives The First Lady of China the RFO. That will teach Catherine and her hair a lesson.

Several posts that served little to no purpose apart from taking the thread off-topic and potentially causing arguments have been removed.

In the way that we expect those with negative opinions to be respectful of the other side, we also expect the same from those with positive opinions.

Oh, dear. A women wearing her hair down for a daytime look. I hope the Queen gives The First Lady of China the RFO. That will teach Catherine and her hair a lesson.
Hhaha! thank you! I mean... it was just some hair. It's not like she shaved it all off or colored it pink overnight. It was normal, flowing hair :p

The president´s wife is much older than the Duchess, so "hanging hair" wouldn´t suit her while Catherine´s hair looks gorgeous. Victoria, Queen Máxima, Madeleine, Mary etc - all of them wearing hanging hairs even at state visits and some do not even possess Kate´s thick, beautiful hair.
She wore her hair up last night (impossible to imagine what would be going on on this board if she didn´t ...:whistling:) so it is quite fitting to chosse another hairdo today for an engagement at daytime.

And every royal lady wearing those hanging hairs during a protocollary event, especially confronted with a perfectly coiffed First Lady, simply looses it. Of course: Ausnahmen bestätigen die Regel (the exception confirms the rule) but hanging hairs on adult ladies usually do little for looking elegant and sophisticated. The few events that Catherine had her hair up: wow! Every inch a lady.

There's no rule book for how a woman should wear her hair. It's just your personal preference. The royal ladies aren't 'wrong' just because they don't follow your aesthetic.

I wear my hair "hanging" 99% of the time. But I don't become exasperated with Princess Victoria of Sweden just because she's devoted to the updo.

My only complaint about Princess Anne's trademark hair(which people like to mock) is that she uses too much hairspray. It has nothing to do with aesthetic but rather the environment doesn't need more chlorofluorocarbons.

Last edited:
Videos:
President Xi received an official call at Buckingham Palace by Prince William and the Leader of the Opposition, Mr Jeremy Corbyn, MP-

Home - ITNSource News

Xi Jinping has visited Imperial College London as the university announces a raft of new education and research collaborations with China. .
Home - ITNSource News

A rule books for how to wear one hair... this isn't the 60s

Madame Peng was stylist and elegant. Loved all her outfits but the white belt should have been left at home.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/10/20/22/2D9AAC7200000578-3280557-image-a-11_1445376077214.jpg

Yes, that belt completely ruined what otherwise would have been an elegant dress.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kate had been asked to wear red, as it is the Chinese national color. (If the Queen was wearing white offset with blue sapphires, then it makes sense for Kate to wear the red).

i think kate is looking superb again! lace is a strange choice for the daytime, but i still like it. i wonder if she is not cold without a coat though - plus, a coat would have given her look a more elegant and protocolar appearance.

has the president moved on now to meet with cameron at 10 downing?

A rule books for how to wear one hair... this isn't the 60s
Haha, or earlier :p If you wear a bow on the left side you are single and on the right you are courting and on the back you are not looking.... hahah, I don't know if those are the exact ones but you get the gist :p

I would like to see full view photos of some of the other dresses, though.

The media stays focused on the Queen, Mme. Peng, and Kate (understandable, but I'd like to see a few others).

I would like to see full view photos of some of the other dresses, though.

The media stays focused on the Queen, Mme. Peng, and Kate (understandable, but I'd like to see a few others).
This is unusally good pictures for being from the state banquet. So I think we'll have to thankfully take what we got :p

While a translator (?) sits behind the Princess Royal, only one meter from it, the lost napkin remains on the floor while the President of China is making his speech.
See picture.

After the speeches and while listening to the Anthems, the lost napkin still lies on the floor. Dozens of footmen but no one notices it... You can see the Queen looking to it, I think. See picture.

The Chinese president visits London: No criticism in the new "golden age" | Europe | DW.COM | 20.10.2015
The British government and the Queen are receiving the Chinese president with honors. The most important aspect of his visit is monetary investment; human rights issues are being discreetly swept under the red carpet.
The reason for the British charm offensive: London is hoping to secure billions of euros in Chinese investment. During Xi's visit, the two nations are scheduled to sign an agreement paving the way for Chinese investment in a nuclear reactor in southern England. Thereafter, China itself could begin building nuclear reactors in Great Britain, as was recently hinted at by the Chancellor of the Exchequer, George Osborne. However, security experts have vehemently warned against turning over such strategically important infrastructure projects to the Chinese.

Last edited:
Video:
After attending the exquisite State Banquet at Buckingham Palace on Tuesday evening, there was no rest for The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on Wednesday as they paid a visit to Lancaster House with Chinese President, Xi Jinping, and his wife, Madame Peng Liyuan. The theme of Wednesday’s visit to Lancaster House was creative collaborations between the UK and China-

Home - ITNSource News

Day 2 : TRH The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at Lancaster House in London.

PPE

PPE Agency

While a translator (?) sits behind the Princess Royal, only one meter from it, the lost napkin remains on the floor while the President of China is making his speech.
See picture.

After the speeches and while listening to the Anthems, the lost napkin still lies on the floor. Dozens of footmen but no one notices it... You can see the Queen looking to it, I think. See picture.

The faces in that photo are so blurry and small, that I can't even tell where the Queen is looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom