State Visit from the President of Brazil: March 7-9, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Princejohnny25 said:
Thanks for the seating arrangments there very cool. I am trying to figure out something. The DOC is closer to the Queen then the Prince of Wales. Thats odd to me for some reason.

I think that's because of the male/female alternating and the DOE kind of threw things off a bit on his side putting the POW one person to the right further away from the Q than the DOC is to the left.

I understand. The DoE is above the POW but the DOC comes right after the Queen in female precedent. Protocal is rather confusing.

The Duke of Kent was there but not the Duchess. Which isn't a surprise....she only comes to a couple of events throughout the year..correct? Can't wait for the pics. Hopefully they will show some of the Countess!

Princejohnny25 said:
Yes, I believe it was one of her favourites and wore it often. Didnt she design it or had it made for her.

It was left to her by Mrs Greville, along with some other jewellery (including the pendant earrings with all the different diamond cuts), and she had it altered slightly.

corazon said:
diana used queen mary's jewels and camilla use queen mother jewels, and both were the queen mothers
queen mother's jewels was very formal.

Camilla wore the Durbar tiara last year, which was made for Queen Mary, so she's now worn tiaras belonging to both Queen Mary and the Queen Mother.

Guests who attend these events are usually the heads of goverment, military and business leaders who have link to that country, private secretaries( prince phillips p.s brig. sir miles hunt-davies attended) ladies in waiting, staff who are from uk embassy, business leaders, religious leaders and ocasionally well respected celebrities who are either from that country or decended, and the suite accorded to the visiting head of state.

Elspeth said:
Camilla wore the Durbar tiara last year, which was made for Queen Mary, so she's now worn tiaras belonging to both Queen Mary and the Queen Mother.

yes, you'right

The Gloucesters seem to have practically disappeared over the last couple of months. The Duchess has a couple of engagements later in March, but the Duke doesn't; it's very strange that they wouldn't be at a state banquet. I wonder if the Duke is ill.

am i being paraniod but the glorious gloucesters are no where to be seen again. they both have engagements later this month thankfully but i havent seen the whole family for ages. i may take the dogs to kensington gdns tmrw and a bit of subtle investagative work w

'' princejohnny25'' mrs david bowes-lyon is a lady in waiting to HRH princess royal

Thank You. Does she have any relations with the Princess Royal. Does the DOC have any ladies in waiting? Im suprised their arent more pics. Im dying to see what kind of dress Camilla is wearing and her other jewelry. Also, if she is wearing the family order or any brazilian order.

Elspeth said:

I'ts certainly another strong indication from the Queen.

Two significant tiaras from the Royal Collection, both associated with the wives of the previous two Kings.

I'm glad they are being worn by the Duchess and not hidden away in the vaults.

Janet

Three more of the Queen from PolFoto. I don't think the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall posed with them.

Well, I must say that aquamarine set isn't my favourite, but it's appropriate for her to wear it at this occasion, and she's doing about as well as could be hoped with it.

Guess I'm just not a fan of great big pastel stones.

Your a doll Sam. Always has the good stuff. Thanks for the pics. Its a shame we the other royals didnt pose. They should just all pose. It would be much better. The Aquariam set is not the most attractive but it hasnt been worn in a while and I think this is the perfect occasion to bring it out and not be blasted at for wearing it. Im glad she wore it. Havent seen it in ages.

These aquamarines look fabulous.... a real treasure. Honestly I don't find them too overpowering. They are well.... regal.

Im rather dissapointed there arnt pics of other royals.

Just saw Milla on TV. Hair is way to big and hides the Tiara but the tiara shimmers like crazy. Very nice. Her necklace was very nice. She wore the same dress but instead of the lace covering she wore this sheer covering. Its the same thing as the one she wore in San Fransico. No family order. She was sitting down so I couldnt see any state orders. On TV the queens jewels look divine. They shimmer and blend and look very nice.

unfortunatley the press just are not interested in anybody else except the main group at these events anymore. many of the female guests have fabulous family jewels on and dresses but unless an interested royal reporter/journalist attends events then we will continue to see rare glimpses of royals and other guests.

I was waiting to see how long it would be before HRH the Duchess of Cornwall would wear HM the Queen Elizabeth, Queen Mothers Boucheron Diamond Honeycomb Tiara...

"MII"

Many people thought that this would be the tiara that she would get and wear at ther first royal banquet. The Durbar was a suprise. Can she wear both know or was the Durbar a one time thing.

Princejohnny25 said:
Many people thought that this would be the tiara that she would get and wear at ther first royal banquet. The Durbar was a suprise. Can she wear both know or was the Durbar a one time thing.

"PJ25"

She can wear whatever she wants, as long as it has HM the Queen's approval.

I wish she would do something with that fair....I feel so Charlies' Angels everytime I see her ;) :D

"MII"

I know what you mean. I am ok with it during the day but I wish she would do something nice with it for a state banquet. A nice chingon or maybe something more complex. Her hair doesnt take over the Durbar but the Honeycomb is kinda buried in it.

Hi-Res Photos of the Gala Banquet from planalto.gov.br

Last edited:
Princejohnny25 said:
I know what you mean. I am ok with it during the day but I wish she would do something nice with it for a state banquet. A nice chingon or maybe something more complex. Her hair doesnt take over the Durbar but the Honeycomb is kinda buried in it.

HAHA...EXACTLY "PJ25"

During the day its her trademark 'doo'...just like the Queen's handbag!

But for a State Banquet :rolleyes: C'mon Camz...You can do better than this. Its just so, so....expected & boring!

Maybe something like this, perhaps? And even if it does mean a trim, I think it would be worth it!

Credit: Getty Images
Moderations: Me

060f8053.jpg

And...without a doubt, a tiara would look much better! But, the Duchess cannot have this exquisite Austrian jewel...purely on loan.

9e12909b.jpg

"MII"

Last edited:
I prefer this arrangement of the aquamarine parure ;) :)

Its not so in your face and is really, quite flattering.

Source: Getty Images
265c9dbd.jpg

"MII"

Last edited:
Yes it is, but a lot of pieces were removed in that pic. Looks much nicer.

Elspeth said:
Well, I must say that aquamarine set isn't my favourite, but it's appropriate for her to wear it at this occasion, and she's doing about as well as could be hoped with it.

Guess I'm just not a fan of great big pastel stones.

Yes Elspeth, the Queen looks none too happy to be wearing it in that last pic!

I rather like the aquamarine tiara but it overwhelms the Queen.

Back
Top Bottom