State Visit from The King and Queen of The Netherlands: October 23-24, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Isn’t the limited press coverage a result of most or all the Royal reporters being on the other side of the globe?
I’m sorry but it really doesn’t sound like W-A said anything that dissed Britain or the people of Britain. He expressed some concerns for how Brexit would play out-he is entitled to be looking out for his country. It seemed fairly diplomatic.
Looking forward to the State Dinner, I hope we get some decent photos. And it is significant that Philip deems this visit worthy of participating at all.

Lovely to see The King and the other gentlemen in jacquet for the Welcome Ceremony. That is already better than Don Felipe in just business suit.

Last edited:
No Duke of Edinburgh, unfortunately.

And no Duke and Duchess of Cambridge for the welcome. Perhaps they will be at the lunch at BP.

Isn’t the limited press coverage a result of most or all the Royal reporters being on the other side of the globe?
I’m sorry but it really doesn’t sound like W-A said anything that dissed Britain or the people of Britain. He expressed some concerns for how Brexit would play out-he is entitled to be looking out for his country. It seemed fairly diplomatic.
Looking forward to the State Dinner, I hope we get some decent photos. And it is significant that Philip deems this visit worthy of participating at all.

HM voiced the opinion of the Dutch government only,as he is entitled to.
Lack of british press?Rags you mean?Oh well,TM will surely survive their absence.

Beautifull welcoming ceremony btw!!..:)..

Always interesting to see how the protocol is evolving due to the DOE's retirement.
Charles and Camilla are now front row, seems logical ...

So who's going to be riding in all those state/semi-state carriages they are getting ready?

The Queen, Pow/DoC, Sophie/Edward? Evidently no Cambridges or DoE at the arrival...

LaRae

The British queen is very fit for her age, climbing that small wobbly stairs of the carriage! Queen Beatrix had special stairs made for the golden carriage so she would not have to use a simular one - and she is 12 years younger!

-
It seems that the lady-in-waiting who is accompanying HM is Anna Magdalena (Annemijn) Crince le Roy-van Munster van Heuven. I also noticed the Grand Master of the court, Jan Versteeg, who was seated in the same carriage as our minister of Foreign Affairs.

-
Nice portraits of William & mary in the ambassadors residence, and a curtsy from the Duchess of Cornwall.

Last edited:
So who's going to be riding in all those state/semi-state carriages they are getting ready?

The Queen, Pow/DoC, Sophie/Edward? Evidently no Cambridges or DoE at the arrival...

LaRae

TM's,TRH's,staff.Cambridges attend tonight,DoE probably too.The Wessex's are close friends of WA & Máxima.

I figured the usual crowd would be at the dinner tonight. Just wasn't sure about the arrival! Didn't realize staff rode in the carriages.

LaRae

I figured the usual crowd would be at the dinner tonight. Just wasn't sure about the arrival! Didn't realize staff rode in the carriages.

LaRae

Officials really.

Question about the dress code, who will decide this? For example, WA in a morning dress while Felipe was received in a suit at the spanish visit a year ago?

Last edited:
Glad that Mabel is invited to the banquet.

:previous:

The Queen, Charles and Camilla along with the Prime Minister, Foreign Secretary and Home Secretary.

Television-coverage of incoming state visits to the UK:

During visits from major countries such as the US (2003 & 2011), China (1999 & 2015), Japan (1998), Germany (1998), France (2008), Russia (2003) and Spain (2017): Full coverage of all events on BBC News Channel (launched in 1997) and Sky News (launched in 1989).
From smaller countries such as The Netherlands: With the exception of the state visit from Ireland in 2014 (due to the special history between the two countries), nothing at all. - So, thank god for The ITN Royal Family Channel.

Last edited:
In the video of the arrival , why was the Flag down on earth ?

Back
Top Bottom