State Visit from The King and Queen of The Netherlands: October 23-24, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Quite interesting informations:

Lovely! Does somebody recognize the necklace? Isn't that one from the Queen? Let's hope that we'll get better pics from the Banquet itself.

Well, I do hope for a live coverage like been done at all state visits in the past few years....!

Last edited:
Lovely! Does somebody recognize the necklace? Isn't that one from the Queen? Let's hope that we'll get better pics from the Banquet itself.

It loooks like the Q.Alexandra wedding parure necklace, never worn by Elizabeth II.

Where are you watching arrivals?

Wow! Isn´t that the one the Queen Mother often used to wear?

Yes the one. It is similar in style to the one worn often by Queen margrethe with her pearl poiree tiara.

Justine Marcella says the same, and on top of the tiara.

Wow, I am curious how it looks. Clunky? Or surprisingly elegant?

Not really a surprise there, but I'm glad it's confirmed! Now we just need pictures to see ourselves.

Such a pity that there is no livestram so we could see the tiara in action and not only on pics.

It looked quite good in Luxemburg !
Let's bring the big guns !
But the Stuart diamond was missing then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully with the matching collier and the giant sévigné. Or am I asking too much? Haha.

It looked quite good in Luxemburg !
Let's bring the big guns !
Yes, but in Luxembourg she wore a smaller version without the Stuart diamond. But I have complete faith in Queen Maxima, she will have found a way to make ist look smashing!

Such a pity that there is no livestram so we could see the tiara in action and not only on pics.
I can only second that. There was a livestream for China and Spain, why not tonight? Maybe they will do a least the speeches?

Last edited by a moderator:
But the Stuart diamond was missing then.

Yes but I was surprised by the beauty of the monture. In my mind it was an ugly bicycle rack, but actually a very elegant diadem with carat power. Curious how it looks (top heavy?) with the biggest stones on top.

I can only second that. There was a livestream for China and Spain, why not tonight? Maybe they will do a least the speeches?

Probably not im portant enough but wasn't it said that dutch TV would broadcast most of the Visit live.

Probably not im portant enough but wasn't it said that dutch TV would broadcast most of the Visit live.

Not live, but there is always a program afterwards by NOS and of course lots in the weekly magazine Blauw Bloed.

Group pic. No necklace but looks life the full Corsage broosh for Queen Máxima. Camilla in her same Jewels as usual. And she got not dutch Order. perhaps the revenge of the dutchs that Queen Máxima got no british order.

The newspapers don't even seem to be reporting on it - or am I missing something obvious?!?!

Judging by the 'carat power' so far displayed by the Duchesses of Cambridge, Gloucester and Princess Michael, it looks to me if HMQ has sent out a 'no holds barred' memo for the magnificence of the jewels being worn this evening ?

Back
Top Bottom