State Visit from the Emir of Kuwait: November 27-29, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
State Visit from Kuwait: November 27 - 29, 2012

THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT IS ISSUED BY THE PRESS SECRETARY TO THE QUEEN

The Amir of the State of Kuwait, His Highness Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, has accepted an invitation from The Queen to pay a State Visit to the United Kingdom from 27 to 29 November, 2012. His Highness will stay at Windsor Castle.

Background
The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh paid a State Visit to Kuwait in 1979 (His Highness Sheikh Jaber Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, the late Amir of the State of Kuwait).

The late Amir of the State of Kuwait paid a State Visit to the United Kingdom in 1995.
Source: royal.gov.uk

This State Visit is the perfect occasion for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to have their 'coming out'. Catherine can wear as much jewellery as she wants and it wouldn't appear over the top. Add to that the Lovers Knot, and I will be a very happy person!!

Duke-of-Earl said:
This State Visit is the perfect occasion for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to have their 'coming out'. Catherine can wear as much jewellery as she wants and it wouldn't appear over the top. Add to that the Lovers Knot, and I will be a very happy person!!

I am do excited ... Tiara alert!!!! :)

I'll be amazed if they turn up to anything more than a welcome greeting.

I suppose they'll have to start attending these sorts of things sooner rather then later. This might be a good chance for them to take part for the first time, although I would err on the side of them not doing so.

Interesting that this visit will be taking place at Windsor Castle.

I love State Visits. Political aspect of the visit, for me it means one thing: it's jewellery time! :D
Hope to see Queen, Camilla and Kate, each wearing a breathtaking tiara. What a sight that would be!:queen3: :queen4: :princess2:

My hope is that HM may 'suggest' that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attend haha. I'm sure the Queen wants to see first hand how the couple will handle the formality of a State Visit.

We have the Indonesian State Visit prior to this one, they're staying at BP. I imagine William will be at work and Catherine will be in Wales. If they do come, no Lover's Knot please I beg anybody, no Lover's Knot.

here's hoping we will see kate in full gala for the first time!

The only reason I want to see the Lovers Knot, is because Catherine is the only woman who can wear it ( IMO ) and once she does, and the sky doesn't fall, the link to Diana will be broken .

The only reason I want to see the Lovers Knot, is because Catherine is the only woman who can wear it ( IMO ) and once she does, and the sky doesn't fall, the link to Diana will be broken .

For me, I don't like the tiara personally. But i'd rather have it give/worn by Henry's wife. Catherine has enough of Diana's jewels.

I would LOVE to see Camilla in the Dehli Durbar again, I would faint. I'm intrigued that in the Jubilee year we're getting visits from Indonesia and Kuwait.

Well, the Lovers Knot Tiara wasn't actually Diana's tiara but it was borrowed from the Queen. Although I do think it's a shame such a beautiful piece of jewelry haven't seen since the 90's.

I'm looking forward too seeing the pictures and some video of these State Visits.

The Amir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah of Kuwait has just arrived in the UK, commencing his three-day state visit to the UK today during which he is due to meet Queen Elizabeth II at Buckingham Palace. His Highness will be staying at the Windsor Castle as a guest of Her Majesty.

- The Amir
- The Amir's arrival
- Gallery from Zimbio and Getty

The DOE and Prince Charles look wonderful as well.

Prince Philip is such a great guy. :D May I ask why they are in top hat's? I don't seem to recall the same procedure when there are state visits to Buckingham Palace.

I am guessing there will be the usual banquet, but do we seen photos of Windsor Castle banquet's?

I spotted the Duke of York in the background of an image as well.

Last edited:
The Queen looks incredible in that coat/hat! It's one of my favorite looks from her in quite a while! And the men don't look too bad themselves. I do love when they wear their top hats. :)

I am guessing there will be the usual banquet, but do we seen photos of Windsor Castle banquet's?

I suspect we will see as many or as few pictures of this evening as we usually see of BP banquets. If I recall correctly, the last two state banquets at Windsor were for the Indian and French President's respectively, and a reasonable number of pictures were made available for both.

Lovely pictures.

Has it been confirmed that Camilla did not attend, or is that she was just not visible in the Zimbio pictures?
I'm not sure whether the Duchess attended the inspection of the troops but she certainly welcomed the Amir back at Windsor Castle, as can be seen in this picture.

I'm not sure whether the Duchess attended the inspection of the troops but she certainly welcomed the Amir back at Windsor Castle, as can be seen in this picture.

Many thanks for finding the picture. I was hoping that Camilla was not ill again!

Her Majesty looks great.

Many thanks for finding the picture. I was hoping that Camilla was not ill again!
Luckily, she is OK and we will most probably see her at the State Dinner too.
Maybe, just maybe, today will be the début of Teck Crescent Tiara which is supposed to be on loan to Camilla?

Luckily, she is OK and we will most probably see her at the State Dinner too.
Maybe, just maybe, today will be the début of Teck Crescent Tiara which is supposed to be on loan to Camilla?

Or perhaps we might see some jewels of Kuwaiti origin not seen publicly so far. If I am not mistaken, C&C visited Kuwait in 2006 or 2007.

today will be the début of Teck Crescent Tiara which is supposed to be on loan to Camilla?

Would be great indeed. Glad that Cams is in the house ! Tonight could be the first outing of the RVO sash as well.

Would be great indeed. Tonight could be the debut of the RVO sash as well

Quite right. Hope we get a few good pictures of the sash on Camilla

NOVEMBER 27: Prime Minister Sheik Jaber Mubarak AL-Hamad AL-Sabah of Kuwait, (L) speaks to Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall as they view a gold sword that was presented to the Britain's Queen Elizabeth II by Kuwait for her coronation in 1953, inside Windsor Castle during a three-day state visit on November 27, 2012 in Windsor, England. In the afternoon a military parade will be inspected at Royal Military Academy Sandhurst then a banquet is to be held at Windsor Castle in the Amir's honour this evening. (Photo by Alastair Grant - WPA Pool/Getty Images)

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom