The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-16-2021, 08:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
The announcement in 1999 (see third link in post above) stated: "The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh and The Prince of Wales have also agreed that The Prince Edward should be given the Dukedom of Edinburgh in due course, when the present title now held by Prince Philip eventually reverts to the Crown."

In my opinion, announcing the Prince's "agreement" by definition announces his intention, and as the announcement was issued in the Queen's name, I do not think it would have been interpreted as disrespectful to her.
Very interesting. Thanks for digging this up. I agree that this announcement is not disrespectful of the Queen - she actually made it. I meant that it would be disrespectful for Charles to issue a statement about actions he will take as King. It would seem like he is looking forward to is mother's passing - which I am sure he is not.

Tags
dukedom, royal dukes, styles and titles

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off