Royal Ascot 2: 2008-2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 3 19th June Ladies Day
the Queen - in pale blue by Stuart Parvin and hat by Philip Sommerville not a new outfit as i believe it was worn in Malta in 2005 but she looks really well
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Anne - has small feathers in her hair
Beatrice - small white hat with large rose again near the front of her head but her hair is caught back of her face which is much better. seems to be a white dress with some aqua in it and a white jacket
Eugenie - white feathers (her hat was originally worn by bea at a previous Trooping the colour im not sure if it was last year or before that) wearing what appears to be a black dress and cream jacket trimmed in black
Autumn Philips riding for the first time at Ascot in a carriage - in a shocking pink massive hat and wearing something grey cant properly see

Last edited:
Ooh you've had better coverage of the Royal party than we had, PrincessofEurope. We got a good look at HM, and she does look very nice. She's wearing a sapphire brooch I must try and identify. I saw the huge pink hat in one of the other carriages and wondered who was wearing it.

Guessing about what Anne and Beatrice & Eugenie are wearing is giving me something to look forward to in the morning.:)

Interesting to note that at 4:11, Princess Anne curtsies to the Duchess of Cornwall.

Thank you very much for your coverage PrincessofEurope. Getty has got first few pictures, i have not seen the whole outfit of the Queen yet, but i can make sure that the hat was not the one worn in Turkey, i can recall that Her Majesty has worn the hat on the last day in Malta for CHOGM back in 2005. They both have the similar shape, i mean with the one in Turkey, but they are different, but the outfit must be the one in Turkey.
Really want to see a picture of what shocking hat Autumn is wearing.:lol: So other than these ladies no Gloucester or Kents?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes i realised my mistake i i think the whole outfit is the one from Malta as the BBC coverage showed her full lenght and there is the same bow detail at the front holding the coat together

i would image that the Gloucesters and the Kents will go tomorrow it seems to be their day

Has william and Harry ever attened Ascot? Sorry to ask but i just do not remember any pictures of them at Ascot!

I do not believe they have as adults... I am not sure as children though.

I tried to find a picture of Autumn with the hat on, but so far no luck....arggg...lol..

Interesting to note that at 4:11, Princess Anne curtsies to the Duchess of Cornwall.

It surely is, seeing how Anne has never really favored receiving them.

Autumn Phillips looked like she was dressed for fun! She has a 1,000 watt smile that I just love.

Check the article on the betting scandal re: The Queens hat. There is a photo of Autumn included.

She's pictured in the link above from Princess of Europe. Terrible hat. Looks cheap, from the flea market.

Day 3 of the Royal Ascot... I liked Mrs. Phillips' pink hat, which added a nice colour touch to her grey outfit.I wish we could the whole look.Princess Beatrice looked well wearing her "white flower creation, perched elegantly on her flame-red hair". However, Princess Eugine's headpiece was rather awkward looking.
Well... no photos of Lady Gabriella ... :sad::sad::sad:

I agree. I actually like Bea's hat this time around. Poor Princess Anne...her hair looks like a rat's nest.

Wow Autumn looked amazing! So glad she's a member of the family now. She brings Grace Kelly-esque elegance to the family imo.

Check the article on the betting scandal re: The Queens hat. There is a photo of Autumn included.

Thank you!! I did...she looks absolutely fantastic. Has that new bride glow and looks like she is having a lot of fun.:flowers:

I have no doubt this won't get answered as its nothing to do with fashion (I am in the Royal Ascot forum yes? thought i'd accidentaly ended up in the fashion forum for a moment). Does the Queen have any of her own horses racing in Ascot this year?

Instalment ran on Tueday Coventry Stakes and finished 14th (out of 18 runners), while Free Agent will run in Chesham Stakes on Friday.

Thank you for the pictures everyone. :flowers:
HM looked wonderful, I really like her outfit
Anne - great improvement
Beatrice - Hat is a disaster, IMO and the dress looks as though they ran out of fabric.
Eugenie - Better, neckline a little low
Autumn - Disappointing

All IMO

Two more. The last day is Ladies Day.
Today was Ladies Day. :flowers:

Hats off to Ascot! The wild, wacky and wonderful outfits of Ladies Day | Mail Online

According to this publication, Beatrice and Eugenies hats are both new
The princesses Eugenie and Beatrice had managed to get their hands on yet another brand new Phillip Treacy hat each which, at more than £500 a time, means their Royal Ascot fashion tab - let's not forget to add an Alexander McQueen suit or two to the total - is certainly adding up

The princesses Eugenie and Beatrice had managed to get their hands on yet another brand new Phillip Treacy hat each which, at more than £500 a time, means their Royal Ascot fashion tab - let's not forget to add an Alexander McQueen suit or two to the total - is certainly adding up

Money certainly not spent wisely!

The Queen looked crisp, I like her recycled ensemble.

Liked Autumn's hat, but not the giant droopy bow on her outfit.

The York girls looked better today, but what was up with Beatrice's hat? The diminutive pillbox looked bizarre perched on her head peaking out from underneath the enormous flower. Eugenie did better IMO, but I could have done without the hat/fascinator combo -- one or the other would have been great.

I doubt that! What if Princess Anne was just checking who was under the hat? ;) Or she had to curtsie in order to see Duchess's eyes. On day one Camilla had a large hat which efficiently covered her face.

Doubt away dear, it's as clear as crystal. Anne walks over, stands next to Camilla and when Camilla turns and sees her, Anne curtsies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom